Chapter 10

Fatal Frame: White Lotus

 

Hongbin slowly began to walk forward, reaching his ghostly arms out to the frightened boys.

"I don't understand...how..?" Leo choked out. Hongbin slightly paused his walking.

"You see, I spent weeks getting close to solving the mystery of the haunted lotus forest. Once I found this house, along with the journals of Ayame and her parents, I had finally finished my investigation. I was ready to return home. But as soon as I stepped foot outside, I saw the finally white lotus, with no petals. Just the stem. And then that's when I knew that Ayame was after me. She revealed her true self and killed me. I've been dead for weeks and I fooled you into coming here," he said. "Ayame wants more company..." he then started to walk towards them again.

"But I hugged you!! I could feel you...how can you be dead???" shouted Leo.

"I made my form seem physical. Ghosts have that ability, which is how the living is so easily fooled," Hongbin replied.

"Hongbin...I'm sorry I couldn't save you in time...but you don't have to stay here and be miserable with Ayame..." said Leo.

"Who says I'm miserable?? Ayame doesn't deserve to be alone. I'll always protect her," said Hongbin.

"Leo," Ken whispered as he handed Leo something behind his back. Leo grabbed what Ken handed him secretly.

"So what, you're gonna kill your best friend and his boyfriend??" Leo said trying to make him feel guilty. Hongbin chuckled.

"We were best friends in my old life. I have a new life now," Hongbin said getting closer, faster, reaching his arms out.

"Well, then I feel sorry for you!" Leo shouted as he put the camera obscura up to his face and snapped a picture of Hongbin. He staggered back and screeched in horror. Ken had found film in the draw behind him, and it was surprisingly stronger than the original film he had. Hongbin collapsed in horror, looking up at Leo. Leo looked down one last time at his best friend, then snapped one last photo. Hongbin's ghostly form shifted into a bright light.

"Thank you," Hongbin's voice whispered, then slowly faded away. Leo took a deep breath and held back tears.

"Good bye Hongbin..." he said. Ken hugged Leo from behind tightly. 

"I'm sorry Leo," he said sadly. Leo turned around to bring the younger in his embrace.

"It's okay. Ayame won't harm him anymore. He's at peace now," Leo said softly. Ken nodded and snuggled his head against Leo's chest. They stayed like that a few more seconds and Leo pulled away. "We're not out yet, we still have to exorcise Ayame...and I have a feeling it won't be easy, but this film..where'd you find it?"

"It was in this drawer," Ken said pointing behind him. Leo looked down at the film capsule.

"Type zero film...it must be pretty strong," he said. "Come on, let's get out of this lakehouse."

"Wait! Hongbin said when he left, he saw the last lotus...and that's when Ayame killed him...what if.."

"Stop. Don't think like that. She won't kill us. We have the Camera Obscura. Honbin didn't." Ken nodded then took Leo's hand and followed him closely out of the room and down the stairs. As they were making their way down the creaking stairs, a white lotus appeared on the center stair. With two petals. They hurried through the large living room where they saw the seventh lotus, with only one petal. The burst through the door to run outside and the fog thickened. This fog was thicker than any other. They couldn't even see eachother despite the fact that they were right next to one another.

"Leo...she's coming..." Ken whispered terrified. Leo nodded and looked all around, unsure of where she would disperse from. He held the camera up to his face, looking through the viewfinder. Both his and Ken's breathing had sped up. Ken was nearly gasping for air with each breath. The two of them could start to hear faint singing, but it gradually drew closer to them, surrounding them. The fog began to lghten, just enough for them to see the final lotus...without any petals. When the bare lotus disappeared, a shadowed figure began to form through the fog. And as the fog slowly vanished, there stood Ayame. She moved her hair from her face, revealing her closed eyes. Her hair which had also covered her neck revealed that her neck was twisted and they could vaguely see rope marks. Ayame began to laugh sinisterly. Ken screamed and covered his ears as the laugh deafened him. Leo hesitated as Ayame began to charge forward, floating at full speed. Leo, fighting the fear within, snapped the first photo which seemed to have inflicted damage. Ayame screeched then disappeared. She appeared again behind them and reached for a crying Ken. He screamed even louder as Ayame held him in a choke hold. Her cold, dead fingers locked around his neck. Leo quickly turned around.

"Get the away from my boyfriend you dead !!" Leo shouted as he took another photo, causing her to release her grip and disappear again. Ken coughed and held his neck. Leo was about to check on him when Ayame appeared again.

"You'll stay with me...I know you will" she whispered in a dead voice as she charged again. Leo waited until she got close, waiting for a clear, perfect shot. Once she was inches away from him, he snapped the final photo, delivering a fatal blow to Ayame. She staggered back and rolled on the ground, screaming in a high pitch. She then slowly disappeared, for good. 

The air suddenly felt lighter and the smell of flesh didn't inhabit the area. Leo ran to Ken and helped him to stand.

"Are you okay??" he asked. Ken looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah I'm alright now," he said as he hugged Leo tightly. Leo hugged back and kissed his forehead. He looked up at the sky, noticing that the clouds had cleared out and the sun finally came out, creating sparkles as the rays danced on the lake.

"Come on, let's go home," Leo said as he took Ken's hand. The path out of the woods was easy to follow. The two boys kept exchanging smiles back and forth to eachother.

"Um, Leo?" said Ken.

"Yeah?"

"D-Did you really mean what you said back there?"

"What do you mean?"

Ken smiled bashfully and began to blush. "Um well you called me your boyfriend. Twice actually, the first time to Hongbin and then to Ayame. Did you really mean it...?" Leo smiled then pulled Ken close to his body and pressed a soft kiss against his plush lips.

"Yeah, I meant it. You're mine," he said smiling with love in his eyes.

 

---------------------

A/N: Sorry about Hongbin guys DX so one more chapter! I just wrote out the description of the Ravi and Hyuk sequel so I'll post it here! Please subscribe! It will start soon :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/981907/fatal-frame-labyrinth-of-insanity-creepy-horror-paranormal-rahyuk-hansik