Chapter 6

Fatal Frame: White Lotus

(Warning: I'm Trigger warning this chapter because it mentions suicide :( )

Leo and Ken remained silent as they tried to find the lakehouse. Leo kept a firm arm around Ken's waist, holding him tightly without realizing it. Ken blushed softly and kept his head down. He felt embarrassed after confessing and didn't know what was going through Leo's head. All he knew was that he didn't want Leo's arm to leave from around him. Leo slipped a few quick glances to Ken, which was reciprocated by Ken. Finally, Leo broke the silence.

"Ken," he said.

"Yeah?"

"If you start to feel strange again, please let me know. I don't want you to be drawn away again," said Leo.

"Oh um okay I will," Ken said keeping his head low. Leo was about to say something else, then he noticed something in his peripheral vision. He turned to see a boy with reddish hair walking.

"Hongbin?" Leo said. The boy then disappeared. Leo was certain that was Hongbin...but it couldn't have been if he just disappeared before him...

"Was it him?" asked Ken.

"It couldn't have been..." Leo said. The two boys then came across a large tree, much bigger than the others. The tree had a bloody rope hanging down from it. Ken gasped, then walked towards the tree. Leo quickly grabbed him again, walking with him towards the tree. The rope swung back and forth as a cold wind gently blew past. Ken stared up at it.

"Ken what's wrong?" said Leo.

"This tree...I think I saw it in that vision. The rope...I think someone...died here," said Ken. Leo looked up at the tree as well.

"Are you sure?" Leo asked. Ken nodded then looked back at Leo with a worried expression. "Alright then, let's search the tree for clues," Leo said softly rubbing Ken's back. The two of them then began circling the tree, feeling around the rough bark. The tree was cold and the bark chipped off just by a soft touch. It was dead and also contained dried blood stains around the trunk. What could have happened here...? 

Leo noticed a soft patch of dirt on one side of the tree as he shined his flashlight down. He kneeled down and dug his fingers in the ground, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. The paper was stained with blood as Leo opened it. Ken kneeled down beside Leo and held onto his arm. Leo rubbed Ken's arm softly, then began to read the note.

Ayame's Notes:

This tree brings me joy. The bark understands me.

This tree is my friend..

Oh..happy rope

Take me to happiness..

Take the pain away..

I don't want to kill anymore..

I'm tired of feeling this pain over and over again..

This is the final straw..

Okaasan...Otousan...I hope you're happy..

I hope you're happy now...

My childhood spat back out the monster that you see...

Leo dropped the note to the ground, feeling an incredibly uneasy feeling inside of him. He turned to Ken and saw that he had the same expression.

"I knew why this tree seemed so familiar...it was symbolic of Ayame...she died here...she killed herself," said Ken. "She killed people...then herself..."

"Because she was abandoned...and lonely," Leo said turning towards Ken. He slowly leaned closer to Ken. Ken looked back at him, feeling nervous from Leo's sudden action. Leo was inches away from Ken's lips, he gently rubbed his lips against Ken's, softly breathing onto them, then locked his lips onto Ken's, kissing softly. Ken's face turned bright red from shock and pleasure at the same time. Ken kissed back, closing his eyes, enjoying every last second of the boy he loved kissing him passionately. Leo slowly pulled away and pressed his hand softly against Ken's cheek. Ken slowly opened his eyes, staring back into Leo's.

"L-Leo...why did you--"

"It's my fault..it's my fault that Ayame's spirit has latched onto you..when I tried to abandon you several times earlier..Ayame saw it and called to you even more. I should've been more protective of you Ken..I promise I'll stay beside you from now on," Leo said leaning in to kiss Ken one more time. Once he pulled back, behind Ken, he saw Ayame standing there watching them...

"STAY AWAY!!!!!!" she shrieked at the top of he lungs, then disappeared. Ken fell back startled then turned around to look at where she had been standing.

"She knows...she's always watching me.." said Ken. Leo stood up and helped Ken to stand as well. Just then, where Ayame had been standing, there was another white lotus, with only five petals. And then next to the dead tree, another...with only four.

"The petals...I wish I knew what they mean..." Leo said, holding Ken close to him.

"I wish I knew too...but I have a feeling whatever it is, it's nothing good..." said Ken. Just then, they began to hear the music box again, this time it was louder, practically ringing in their ears. They both held their ears tightly until the song finally died down.

"We must be close to the lakehouse," said Ken. Leo took Ken's hand and pulled him forward.

"Just a little further. I have a feeling what we found out there, it'll help us get the hell out of here," said Leo. They only walked for little more then heard the gently waves of water. The lake...

The fog thickened once again. Through it, they could see a tall house, sitting by the lake. The house looked old fashioned and even older with age. They walked up to the porch and immediately felt a thousand eyes watching them. The air grew thick, leaving barely any room to breathe. Ken, who was behind Leo began to cough uncontrollably. Leo quickly turned around.

"Ken!"

"Hard to...breathe..." he choked out, slowly hyperventilating. Leo quickly grabbed him and pulled him into a deep kiss, calming him down.

"You're only finding it hard to breathe because you're letting it get to you. It's okay, we'll be fine," said Leo. Ken blushed and nodded. 

The old porch creaked with every step they took. An old rockingchair rocked back in forth as if there were someone sitting in it, but of course no one was there. Leo walked up to the old wooden door, turned back to look at Ken, then slowly pressed his palm against the door. Without any hesitation, the door slowly creaked open