Thank you...For Giving Me A Chance

Cook for me,For a Last Time

 

Holding-Hands.jpg

 

Jing Yi’s perspective:                                                                                                   3/1/2011


“I will kneel here and wait till you say yes.” Zhen Kai declared and knelt down on the icy cold floor.He was holding a ring.

Zhen Kai.

He is determined.He always wears his heart on sleeve and will not care about anything else.This is something I like about him but at the same time,I hate it.

Zhen Kai,I don’t love you. Don’t waste your time.”

“It’s okay if you don’t love me.The fact is I love you.And.I am not asking you to love me.I am asking you to marry me.”

He words are sweet.BUT for me,they are bittersweet.I still can’t let go of Wei Li.


“I am FREAKING BUSY!” I told him off and walked away from him.

“I know you will turn back and look at me again. Then you will say yes! Right?!”He shouted.

 

What a spot on because I actually did.He smiled to me like a child waiting for the candy. Such a lovely creature. Will I fall for him?

No.My heart belonged to Wei Li. I quickly turned back and went back hospital. I am sure he will leave.Yes.He will.

Since Wei Li left me,I have been focusing on my job. My days are always busy. Today too.The fact that I am posted to ER made me did not even have time to take a proper lunch.Also,I have operation in the evening. A major one that will take at least 5 hours. Zhen Zai. I’ve really forgotten about him but I am sure he has left already. He should not be that stubborn.Also he doesn’t deserve me.A good man like him should not be with me.

 

“Dr.Jing Yi,stop what you are doing!” Professor Lee stopped me from entering operation room.

 

“Professor? I am operating on Mr.Yi.Any problem Sir?”

“Jing Yi.Hospital is already a place full of drama. Please do not create one for yourself. Go and stop your boyfriend from kneeling.I will take over from here.”

“No.He is not my boyfriend.Also Sir.Today is supposed to be my assessment. You are my assessor!If you take over ,what about my…”

“You just have to wait for another opportunity,dear. No worries. You will be assessed when you operate on next patients. Then we will talk about your promotion.Now go and stop your boyfriend. He has been out there for hours and I afraid he will get sick.”

"Yes...Don't be heartless,go say I love you!Heeh" my colleague smirked at me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STUPID ZHEN KAI.He just screwed up my work. How can he be so stubborn? My patient is now entrusted to the professor thanks to him.(and my promotion?!) As a doctor,as a prideful woman,this is the last thing I want to do.My anger is fuming that I am sure I have lost my rationality.I stormed out of the operation room and walked towards the exit. I have decided.I will tell him off.I will make sure he leave the hospital ground at once. Along the way,I saw a cleaner carrying a basket full of water.

“Aunty,give me this,I will return you later.”

This trick will work. I walked as fast as I can to meet him.

 

“Jing Yi,You are here.Please say..”

 

SPLASH!

 

“CAN YOU PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE?!”

 

Silence followed.Now all the eyes are on us.OH MY GOD.What have I done?

I then realised that it was a bad idea that I have ever done. I looked at Zhen Kai.Traces of tears lingered his eyes.He is hurt.I looked away to avoid his eyes.He stood up and wobbled away slowly. Oh no. Why did I do that?I looked at him again. He walked unsteadily for a few steps before he collapsed on the floor.

“Zhen Kai!”

I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.Cold.His body was so cold.His hand was still holding the ring.Tightly.I am sorry. I am deeply sorry Zhen Kai.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“That was harsh Doctor. He love you so much yet you made him get hypothermia.”

“I didn’t mean to.”

“Yes.Of course Doctor.I will be very scared if you purposely did that.If you don’t want him,then give him to me…” The nurse whispered to me and walked away.

We have now become talk of the town.

I shuffled my way to his ward. The silence and the smell of anesthetic.They are familiar to me but not for this young man.Why does he love me so much? Will he love me more than Wei Li? Will he leave me after sometimes? Without a reason?What if there is another beautiful girl?

As my flow of thoughts continued,my eyes landed on the ring which is on the table. A beautiful diamond ring.Tears flew on my cheeks as  the feeling is something I am unfamiliar of. I am happy to have him as my suitor and want to love him but the image of Wei Li which is imprinted on my heart is too hard to remove and the pain that he gave made me unable to move on.

 

“Cold.”Zhen Kai muttered.

 

I held his hand and he held it back tightly. He was still slightly shivering. Unknowingly, I hugged him tightly to give him warmth. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me with those soft eyes.

“ If I have known it,I will have used this method since a year ago. Then I won’t have to go through so much troubles.”

Zhen Kai…”

He took the ring on the table and put it on my finger.I didn’t reject. He proposed me again.

"I won't accept you right now.But I will give you a chance."

“Do I have to jump out of the window for you?”

“No.Don’t.Don’t ever do that. You...Be there for me,love me like you’ve always been and…”

“And?”

“Visit 3 places with me.3 places.To get rid of him.”

Zhen Kai continued to hold my hands tightly and kissed them gently.He said,”Thank you for the chance”.