Closure 2 (Doorway to The Love Garden)

Cook for me,For a Last Time




 

rose.jpg



 

Jing Yi perspective                                                                                   1/5/2011

 

“This is paradise Jing Yi. This is it.Such a beautiful place.” He remarked.

 

Like him,I myself was amazed too.It was indeed too beautiful. I have been coming to this garden for years yet this is the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.Ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

1st May.

I brought Zhen Kai here,The Love Garden,to celebrate the spring. This is the second place that I want to visit with Zhen Kai to erase my pains. Zhen Kai has been a good boyfriend. He loves me more than anything else.He cared for me and made me happy as much as he can.At the same time,he is brutally honest about himself.Therefore he expected me to do the same.

 

“ I need to know what he did.”

I stared at him.

“So that I can do better then him.”he quipped.

Zhen Kai...I really admire him.

“So what are we going to do here?Picnic?Can we pick the flowers?”He asked.

“This called ‘Love Garden’.A very small rose garden in grass field.No one owned this garden but the lovers themselves.They said one couples placed a pot of shrub roses here.Then followed by next couples.Then next and next.Until this whole areas is filled with pots of shrub roses.You look at the pots carefully.They have tags hanging there with couples’ names.”

 

Zhen Kai glanced at one pot and grinned.

 

“So where is you and Wei Li’s ?” He asked curiously.

I looked at his eyes. Why did he ask?I wondered.He then smiled and told me that he just want to make me feel better so that I will not think he is worse than Wei Li.I sighed.

I told him we didn’t have.We never made one.

 

Wei Li is very calculative. He told me that these pots of roses are half fantasy and half reality.People bought pots of roses to place them here but will not take care of them personally.Then leave them to the gardener.The gardener will, of course, water them,give them fertilisers but he also throws away those that didn’t survive.He said the chances of our plants surviving here is 50% if we put here.”

 

“Such an unromantic guy you dated.” He laughed.

I didn’t denied.I dated a bookworm.A bookworm who appealed my heart in unique way.I leaned on Zhen Kai shoulders and enjoyed the beautiful scenery in front of me.He then my hair gently.As I was looking around,the rose arbor caught my eyes.

Perfectly bulit,green densed bushes accessorized with pink roses.It wasn’t there when Wei Li and I came here first time. Then on second time,there were small rose plants around that areas but not an arbor. It was built by the time we had our third trip here,and also the last time we came together. I still visited this place every year despite the breakup.The shrub roses grew well and climbed the arbor.Now they are matured and glamorised this already-beautiful place.One strange thing through. There is no tags on the arbor.

 

“I’ve got an idea.Where is the gardener?!” Zhen Kai asked excitedly.

 

I pointed at a small hut that is a few yards away from the Love Garden.

 

“A middle aged man.He lives there.He is also the one who sell these rose plants and ta…”

 

Zhen Kai pulled me along towards the huts. What ideas does he have now? Is he going to buy flower pots for us? Is this his way to counter Wei Li’s actions?

The gardener was sowing the seeds of some plants.He looked at us indifferently before asking which pot we want.

“I want that rose arbor.That one do not have tags. So it must be yours right? Sell me at any price”he questioned the man.

“That one is not for sale.It is only for one true love.Are you two?” he remarked.

His remarks irked me. “Zhen Kai,You don’t need roses to show your love.After all,those roses will “mysteriously” die and someone will benefit from it again.”

“Jing Yi.Don’t be mad.”He smoothed me.

Upon hearing my name,the gardener looked so surprised. HE then carefully looked at me, head to toe.

 

“Dr Jing Yi.” He said.

“How did you know me?”

“You came here every year..With the different guy last time..I pitied him! His love got stolen.As expected.”

 

There is no way I could speak to this old man. I stomped out of the hut.

 

“The arbor is free! I will give it to you!I am giving it to you!You can do whatever you want. BUT Don’t expect me to water that. Don’t ever expect me to look after that.”

 

No reason. No explanation. Everything revolved around me in chaotic ways that they want. I hate it. I hate that man for anyhow accusing me while he didn’t understand the fact that it was Wei Li who left me.

 

I stood in front of arbor,crying,feeling confused.

 

Zhen Kai blanketed my body with his.His hands intertwined my waist.I leaned into him,slightly felt relaxed.

 

“The arbor is ours.”

 

“I don’t want it.”

 

“If you don’t take it.These plants will die.He told me that he will never water them even if I begged.”

 

“Why must you take it?I don’t need it.”

 

Well,now they need you. If someone doesn’t take care of them or put a tag on them,they will be left to die.

He didn’t sell me tags. Let’s make one for ourselves?”

Why must you foolish Zhen Kai?Why must you foolishly love me?Why must you face humiliation for me?

We collected a few logs found around the garden. He asked his assistant to brought an axe and some paints.He shabbily cut the log to get the flag surface.He suffered a few cuts here and there but he didn’t give up.

I helped him paint the wooden tags and wrote our names after he finished.

 

Zhen Kai & Jing Yi

 

The tag is now put on the rose arbor.

Zhen Kai then hugged me caressingly from the back.

 

“Now,I will have to hire a gardener to took after this beauty.”

 

We spent the whole day there.At the doorway the Love Garden.