The Ending

Cook for me,For a Last Time

3/1/2012

 

Zhen Kai’s perspective :

A new year has arrived. 2011 was an eventful year with Jing Yi accepting me as her boyfriend.She has finally able to let go of Wei Li,who left her. We have started preparing for wedding. While we leave parts of our wedding affairs with our parents,we busy ourselves with our work. She just promoted to Final year fellow while I carry on with my work as manager of insurance company.We are happy with our life and I am sure we will have many  memorable days ahead.As long as she is happy,I can do anything.Her happiness is my priority.

 

Sir.” Mr Chu came into my room,carrying a file.

 

“Any problems?” I asked him.

 

“I have one case which I don’t know how to handle.Maybe you could help and make a decision.”He said.

 

I directed him to sit on sofa which in my office.His face has traces of unsurance

 

“what happened?” I asked.

 

“This case was transferred to our company by previous agency.This man deceased in the late 2009.He left his savings and insurance for a woman.But he wrote a condition in his will that not to tell that woman about him or it was him who left all of these assets.The previous agency did the normal procedure about court's ruling and  his friend acted as proxy for that woman.The courts took longer than normal for the decision to make due to the fact that the woman is not blood-related to him and also the will’s condition.

Now,the court’s ruling has made and we are in process of fulfilling his will.Previous agency transferred us to handle this case.I took the case.The problem is I have no idea how to transfer those assets to that lady without letting her know the truth.” Mr chu explained.

 

“Oh..That’s hard.The case took 2years in courts right?What’s Total amount? Do you know any more details?” I asked him.

 

“Yes.Total is about 100 000 USD.Deceased name is Dr Wei Li.The lady is called Dr Jing Yi.Here is the file.It has all the details.” Mr chu answered.

 

His answer really shocked me.I glared at him,expecting him to say that he stated the names wrongly.He just handed me a file.

I read the documents panically,disbelieving what I have read or hear.

It’s can’t be.

It can’t be Jing Yi’s ex-boyfriend.He, whom I believe is a jerk who can’t appreciate Jing Yi.I wondered what is happening.

 

“Dr Wei Li.He was quite young,only 29 then.I heard from his friend,Dr Kim,that he was the star surgeon,very talented and kind young man. Dr Jing Yi was his girlfriend.He suffered from some disease and left her for treatment.But then he lost it.It was sad.I was intending to make this known to that lady to end the case smoothly but Dr Kim is insisting to follow his friend’s will strictly.SO I am out of idea.”

 

That’s bitter.That’s painful.The guilts and the misunderstanding I had.The pity that come too late.I am devastated.I am barely handling all the information but what about Jing Yi?What should I do?

 

“Are...are there anything that he left behind other than this money?”

 

“There are books too.But No instruction about them.Diary books.Dr Kim is moving to America so he wants the case to end quickly.He just send me those books to my office.I am pretty much lost and he was pressuring me too much.” Mr Chu complained.

 

“I will take over this case fully.Bring those books to my office and all the documents related to this case.Mr Chu,No matter what,you can’t disclose this to anyone who is not authorised.That’s included Jing Yi..I mean Dr Jing Yi.” I ordered him.

 

He nodded and left the room.Now it is my responsibility.My decision to let her know the truth or not.

 

~~~

“Merry Christmas!

Jing Yi!Work hard!I know I hurt you.Take this book as my apology.Wish you all the best in life.

Wei Li”


 

There are 20 books in total. All of them are empty with except one book which I believed he intended to give it to her on Christmas 2009.He didn’t have a chance.I checked every single book to ensure if there is anything more to help him.Did he ever want to remove the misunderstanding that Jing Yi has? Should I tell her truth?A single letter dropped out from one of the book.I carefully took it and see the contents in it.

 

I don’t think it is unfair that this life was meant to be short.When I met you and spent time with you,those memories are with me and hopefully with you.I still do not think it is unfair.However,I have 1 painful regret that I couldn’t love you anymore,that I can no longer be there to fulfill your wishes.I hope that you will never know the things that I did for you so that you will not shed too much tears for me.I don’t want you to cry for me but instead let me take all sadness with me.Since I am going to a place where I can watch over you always,it will be best if  my love is not burden for you.I hope you will find someone who will love you as much as I do.


 

My tears fall upon reading his note. He loved her like his life.I am still unclear what he did but I know I have duty to figure them out.His love was as deep as ocean.However,that’s doesn’t mean my love is not deep as him.We are in position which competition are no longer necessary or worth it.I will protect Jing Yi and love her passionately.

 

~~~

 

Jing Yi and Zhen Kai married in 2012 in front of rose arbor in Love Garden.Jing Yi made a unique promise to Zhen Ki.

-I will cook for you.Many Many time-

They would still go to “delizioso” to have free brownie on 3rd March. And of course,The Wooden Cafe on Christmas.

“Oh! A Book!” Jing Yi exclaimed as she took out a dairy book from the gift sock with her name.

“From who?” Zhen Kai asked,knowingly.

“Wei Li.Why will he want to send this..I..I will not take it.” She answered unsurely.

“NO!Don’t.Do you think I am some small-minded husband? Take it. He means good.I know. As least we can be friends.” Zhen Kai told her.

“You are not mad?”

Zhen Kai shaked his head and smiled gracefully.He then hugged Jing Yi tightly.He carefully caresses her hair.The fragrance of her hair makes him fall for her more.

He thought: I have a duty.A duty to love you,care you and treasure you.That’s what he would want.Your happiness is what I and Wei Li want.We love you Jing Yi.

 


 So The story has ended.Sorry for crappy writing as this is my first time.I hope you understand what I am writing. This,since it is tragic story,really drained my energy.I should write a happy story next time if time allows. In my mind,Wei Li is the best man ever and of course,Zhen Kai is the most understanding man.Jing Yi is one lucky woman. There is one part,which I coloured with blue,it was adapted from Huang Ji Yi. So credit to that drama.Thank folks. May you meet perfect love.