Impossible Dream

Cook for me,For a Last Time

 

photocat.jpg

 

“Wei Li!Wei Li! Jing Yi is here!” Dr Kim,Wei Li’s friend, told him excitedly.

 

Does she know about my condition? He wondered.

 

“Wei Li,she is here with her professor for meeting.I bet the professor brought her to this hospital.Don’t you want to meet her?” Kim asked him,expecting the answer to be yes.

 

Wei Li just shaked his head and wheeled himself near the window.He believed that Jing Yi would eventually forget him as time passes by.

 

“She is very thin now. Not the bubbly girl that I used to know.I don’t understand that you want to hide your condition from her.You should be with her to walk through this difficult period of your life.” Kim suggested Wei Li.

 

“Then,can you and the rest promise me that I will be cured 100%? That I will survive this?”

 

Kim kept silent.He can’t give him the answer, neither he could trick Wei Li who was a better doctor than himself. Kim asked Wei Li if he wanted anything.

 

“Keep this secret and help her out during the meeting if needed.” He instructed Kim.

Kim nodded,then walked out of Wei Li’s ward.

 

Wei Li’s ward was full with books.The Diary books that he wanted to give to Jing Yi on christmas.He only wrote the jokes on first 2 books.He was just very lost about how should he give them to Jing Yi every year,before he leaves and after he leaves.

 

The day,Wei Li looked at the entrance of hospital the whole day,expecting to catch a glimpse of Jing Yi.

~~~

 

Jing Yi slowly walked towards the entrance.She didn’t know why but her heart felt more heavier before. She felt that she was losing someone but she didn’t know who.It was already August.8 months after Wei Li broke up with her yet she still haven’t given up yet. She would still forgive and hug Wei Li if he was to appear. Unknowingly,she looked up the hospital,stared at one particular window for a long time.SHe didn’t know why she did that. Was she expecting Wei Li to appear? Was she just curious about the patient that was in that room?She didn’t know.

 

“Fool.” She told to herself and slowly walked away…

 

That was the last time Wei Li met Jing Yi. She was thinner then.But he is sure that she will do well.

~~~

sadit.png

With dozen of tubes connected to his thin body,Wei Li was more of like puppet than a human.His professor and Kim were trying their best to not lose him.Wei Li grasped for the oxygen,which seemed to be not working.His heart beat was slowly fading away.He tried to hang on for his life,tried his best to continue breathing. The memories of he and Jing Yi played in front of his eyes.It was such a beautiful memory.Wei Li smiled for one last time.A single drop of tear rolled down as he breathed his last breath.

Wei Li suffered from Peripheral neuropathy,a disease which the nerves cells in his body,slowly dying away.It was a rare disease which the doctors could do little to help him. The meal that Jing Yi cooked on their last day together, was his favourite.HE always wanted her to be his wife but it was impossible.He left Jing Yi as he didn’t want to burden her.His worst fear was Jing Yi not able to get over him. Because he knew,she is a stubborn girl who will not let go him easily.