The Begotten Son

The Unloved: The Unwanted Series

Author's (shameless) Note: HI GUYS! Sorry it  took sooooooooooooooooooooooo long. But I'm back anyways. AND I'm also shamelessly apologizing again as this following chapter is shorter than usual. I'm still having my mind refreshed, it's been a long while since I wrote something so forgive me XD (I actually shamelessly suggest that you re-read the whole story so you could also refresh your minds hahaha) I'll be back in a day or two or whenever. Just... I'll try not to be gone for too long :)

Enjoy the new chap (I guess? lol)

And till my next update, gheis! LOVE YA'LL!

Oh! And please feel free to ask me anything in the comments section!

---

 

 

 

 

1706

 

Kim Taehwan's eyes almost popped out of their sockets the moment the words "his" and "baby" left his precious wife's mouth. He didn't exactly know how to react. Should he be enraged? Should he throw the nearest Chinaware at his wife? Should he yell at her for seemingly screwing with the man he used to call 'friend'? 'No I should at least try to understand the situation first before jumping to conclusions.' He says to himself before he heaves a exasperated breath. Then, he takes the first question before he could even think to take it back. "How long have you known?" The man almost weeped at his own voice.

 

Taehwan's wife kept on crying in front of him as if nothing came out of his mouth.

 

Taehwan makes the decision.

 

"Jiyeon, at least tell me something so I could help you. Please..." He pleaded. And that seemed to do the trick. His wife, Jiyeon, finally moves and throws her arms around her husband while still crying herself out. Taehwan sighs for the nth time and caresses his wife's back as if to console her. He was hurt, that's a fact. But he also knew how hard this must be for the love of his life.

 

The two stayed in that position until Jiyeon finally calmed down. The older of the two plants a soft kiss on the side of the other's head as they both slowly pull away. Taehwan wipes the traces of tears on his wife's cheeks with his thumb. Because no matter what happened, he will always love his wife and he will always be by her side through thick and thin. This was just a test. "Now, are you ready to tell me? I can wait for as long as you are ready, my love." The sides of the woman's mouth quirks up a little.

 

It takes another breath, another glance, and another tear before everything have come to light.

 

 

 

 

Present Time

JUNG's MANSION

 

Everyone in the room was tensed. They waited in held breaths and stiff muscles as they waited for the head institute to pick up. Apparently, the people at Taeyeon's house earlier had transported to the sisters' mansion as soon as Jessica walked out Taeyeon's door. They were almost immediately huddled in a circle in the living room as soon as they arrived. All the twelve members of "Team Jessica" were present by that time.

 

There were numbers on Jessica's phone, and the ringing finally came to a stop. "Hello?" An English girl they assume was around the age of 26 in human age, answers the phone. "I didn't know the institute hired secretaries?" Luhan half jokes and receives a playful slap at the back of his head, from his cousin. Jessica starts the conversation. "Good afternoon, can I speak with King Vladimir?" The other line went silent for a couple of seconds before "Excuse me, who is this? Do you have an appointment?" The group lets out a unified "Oh" for the institute's secretary did just slander Jessica Jung with her arrogant tone of voice.

 

Jessica pretended to be mad by gripping the nape of her neck while her sisters laughed.

 

"Thy name is Jung Sooyeon." The group chuckles again.

 

From the other side of the globe, the head institute's newly hired secretary curses in her mind and nervously bites her fingernails as soon as she found out who Jung Sooyeon was from the institute's main frame. She takes a breath or two before carefully putting back the phone to her ear. "Uhh Miss Sooyeon, I-I... could you please w-wait for a moment, I-I'll get King Vlad." And the line was abruptly cut off---sending the group into fits of laughter. "Heol, everyone's just utterly scared of the Jungs. Brava." Sooyoung says while clapping her hands loudly.

 

"Is everyone really that scared though?" Luhan challenges, and everyone's attention were now on him as they waited for the institute to call back. Hyoyeon snorts as she turned to sit first on the sofa behind them. "Lu, you wouldn't even imagine how everybody in the university looked the moment they saw the Jungs."

 

"Luhan wouldn't even imagine how YOU looked when Jessica got angry in front of you." Sooyoung commented, and Sunny was stifling her laughter. Kim Hyoyeon didn't have a comeback for that. Her mind backtracked on the very first time time she saw Jessica, and the very first time she saw the hundred-year-old vampire at her boiling point.

 

The first time Hyoyeon met Jessica Jung was when she first fell; just like how Sunny and Sooyoung first met Tiffany and Seohyun, respectively. Their first encounter wasn't really ideal though, unlike with her two fellow angels. Because apparently, that was the exact moment she ever saw the eldest Jung fuming like a dragon breathing fireballs on the street. (Note to self: if Miyoung was a dragon puffing air through its nose, Sooyeon was a dragon breathing actual fire.) Hyoyeon laughed at the memory when she thought Jessica was actually going to kick her fallen that day when all she ever did was say "hi".

 

"See? Even the great Kim Hyoyeon cowers at queen Jung Sooyeon." Sunny added a little later before she and the blonde fallen chased each other around the living area.

 

A phone rang.

 

The business with England's King Vladimir on the phone was short---short but precise, and ended with only two words "come here".

 

So Jessica flops in between her two sisters and sighs one more time. They really had no choice now but to comply with the King's wishes. To which also means, they'll be going to Winchester whether they like it or not. "Well," Boa stands up and faces Team Jessica. "That didn't go so well, did it?" The team members all shook their heads in unison. Boa could only sigh.

 

 

 

 

7:44pm

Somewhere in downtown Seoul

 

"Harry, would you hurry up!" The addressed vampire rolls his eyes as he finishes tying his shoe. He was roaming around Seoul with his brothers after classes ended at five in the afternoon. They were in Hongdae now---the disrict where night life is at its finest. (One of the reasons why Liam was looking forward for the day. Because Liam likes girls. And alcohol. And parties... but mostly girls.) "Sit your arse down. The clubs ain't going anywhere, brother." This time, it was Liam who does the signature eye-rolling. Harry laughs.

 

"Hey uh guys? Has anyone seen Louis?"

 

 By the mention of the familiar name, the four remaining boys all turned their heads to look for a familiar face in the crowd.

 

Then, like a lightning bolt that have gone straight from the sky and onto Harry's face, Louis' words from earlier came ringing in his ears.

 

'I'll turn their beloved city against them.'

 

"Boo!"

 

Niall was ready to punch the daylights out of Louis that moment. Louis and the others just laughed it off. Harry, on the other hand, could only scoff. He wasn't used to things that scare him---and Louis definitely, definitely scared him.  Because for a moment, he almost believed Louis' words. "What? Did you really think I was serious?" The boys' leader asked as they continue to stroll Korea's clubbing district. With the people flooding the streets, and club music pumping on the speakers and amplifiers, Harry had to yell the answer. "You seemed serious." Louis pats the younger one's shoulder and lets out a brotherly smile.

 

"No. I could never kill anybody."

 

Kill.

 

The word rang inside Harry's head as the night went on.

 

And as soon as it ended, Harry found himself wandering the familiar driveway of the Jung's mansion. It was already two in the morning, and he had to have the rest of the boys spellbound so he could sneak out and do what he's been itching to ever since that "incident" earlier in class. He just couldn't stay still.

 

"Styles."

 

The addressed man slowly turned to the person who just called him by his surname. (Though, he didn't need to turn around. He already knows who.) Seohyun walks closer to where the other vampire stood. "What are you doing here so early in the morning?" And suddenly, Harry was tongue tied; it was always like that with Juhyun. And somehow, he hated it. Seohyun walked a little more closer and raised a brow. Harry takes a deep breath and says "There's something I need to tell you."

 

It takes a minute or so before everyone on Team Jessica (except Taeyeon and Yuri) gathered again in the living area. Harry clasps and unclasps his hands as he looked at everyone in the room. He was nervous, he admits. Because what he was about to do could either end well or badly. "I think Louis is up to something." By the mention of the name, everyone became tensed. "What exactly do you mean?"

 

It takes a second, a minute, a whistle of the cold, crisp night before Harry opens his mouth one more time and says the words he couldn't believe himself that it would come from him. Of all people, it had to be him.

 

"I think he's behind all the killings lately."

 

"Are you sure?" Sooyoung asks.

 

"He's been... giving me signs that he would do something reckless. Because he wants you guys to have no choice but to come with us to Winchester. He said he'd do anything in his willpower to do so," A pause. Harry was loyal to his "brothers", that was a known fact; but he was also righteous. Even if in the eyes of others, what he was doing was wrong, if he knows deep inside him, it was right then, he wouldn't hesitate. (But somehow, he was suddenly having second thoughts.)

 

"Harry---"

 

"It was a joke; he said it was just a joke. But that's not what my intuition tells me." Another pause. An intake of breath. "He said he was going to turn Seoul against you." By that point, the Jung sisters were already up on their feet. "WHAT?" Jessica suddenly turned to leave. "That sick little bastard!" But unfortunately, Tiffany and Seohyun were faster. "You're going to confront him, and then what?" Seohyun says, and Jessica tries to pry her sisters' hands away.

 

Tiffany slaps Jessica's arm. "Jessi, we can't be rash about this. What if he didn't really mean it and you come out all judgemental? Or what if it IS true but everything just becomes worse because we let him have an idea that already found out. Jess, we can't let him know that we know what he's 'suspectedly' up to. We need to gather evidence first. And if it's ever confirmed that he really did it then... I won't stop you from ripping his heart out."

 

Jessica thinks about it. Hyoyeon, on the other hand, gives an opinion. "But are we going to just sit here and do nothing? We can't let whoever's doing this have their way with killing innocent people. I might be a fallen angel, but I'm still an angel. I'm not gonna let those innocent humans die in the hands of a sick, venomous vampire."

 

"We're not gonna let it happen again." Seohyun mutters mostly to herself but didn't go unheard anyway. "We need to monitor every citizen's every move.

 

 

 

 

"We need more people."