Check

The Unloved: The Unwanted Series

Louis, Louis, Louis...” Jessica chanted, almost like the character in ‘Maleficent’. The ice princess crossed her arms by her chest. “You don’t wanna go towards that direction, trust me.” She didn’t wanna argue with him first thing in the morning, especially when it’s been ten years since they last saw each other and when the boys have just arrived. But if that’s what he wanted, she’d gladly give it to him. Louis, on the other hand, just smiled---not mocking, but not polite either. He was somehow prepared for this. Of course, they knew the Jungs better than anyone else.

“If I want to, what would you do?”

Everyone else in the room just stood frozen. Especially the three best friends who were all stunned they stood there like someone just poured a bucket of ice on them. None of them had seen Jessica when she’s mad. And Inguk always reminds them how Jessica is when she’s fuming with anger, and that warning alone sends shivers down their spines. What more if they saw it live? ‘No one messes with an angry Sooyeon.’ And they all know the fire just started burning inside the brunette’s veins. It spelled ‘H E L L.’

“Sooyeon, as the King’s right hand, I call the shots here. And when I say we’ll leave tomorrow, we’ll leave tom---Aack!”

Everyone almost jumped on their spots when the boys’ leader (and the King’s right hand) Louis was suddenly having seizures and slowly collapsed on his knees. The veins on his neck were now visible and his sea green eyes started rolling back into whites. But despite all that, still, no one dared to make a move. “Soo... yeon... stop... it... now...” Louis managed to mutter and curse under his breath. Jessica only stared him down. HARDER. Louis dropped to the ground, curled up in a ball, and was still trembling. This was the part where Tiffany knew someone had to intervene or else...

“Jessi, stop it. You’re going to kill him.” Tiffany whispers directly on her sister’s ear while her hand gripped equally tight at the older vampire’s arm. Luckily, Jessica finally turned away from Louis’ almost limp body lying on the granite floor, and looked at her sister with a grin splayed across her lips and a forced eye-smile. Tiffany almost laughed. She hadn’t met anybody who could imitate her signature eye-smile her whole one-hundred and twenty-eight years of existence. And her sisters weren’t an exemption to the ever growing list of people who try to imitate that smile but failed.

The four boys rush up to their friend and help him up on his feet---to which was a little harder than they thought. Jessica’s powers was often underestimated by most people. But the people who just witnessed how powerful and deadly it could be, weren’t having those doubts like that now, right? Right.

Jessica takes a few steps forward and stops right in front of the still jelly-like frame of her ‘friend’ (to which was currently being held by Niall and Zayn) and pats his cheek. Louis glares at the vampire in front of him. Between the two of them, Sooyeon was always the stronger one. Up until now, he thought. “So Louis, I hope you finally get the message that if you’re in my town, especially in my house, abide by the rules, okay?” Jessica states in straight English with a little bit of a British accent. “You're a great guy. But sometimes you could be a complete jerk.” And Jessica disappeared with the wind after that.

Inguk scratches his forehead and signals the others with his eyes to go disperse somewhere else. The message was well delivered. Taeyeon pats Liam’s arm. “I’ll see you guys later.” A lone nod from the young vampire, and she was off together with Tiffany and the rest. And while the rest of the gang decided to spend time on the bowling alley, Yuri decides to go check on her girlfriend who was probably up on her bedroom.

“I’m sorry about that, Louis. Come on, let’s get you treated.” Inguk offers him and they proceed to Inguk’s lab located on the third floor. Boa sighs the moment everyone was completely gone. “What a good morning. I should have breakfast.”

 

 

 

Jessica’s Bedroom

Knock. Knock.

“Come in.”

Completely knowing (sensing) who the other person was behind that door, Jessica sits up on her bed and throws the remote control onto the bedside table. Yuri’s face finally came into view a few seconds later. The two lovers gazed at each other’s eyes for solid ten seconds before Yuri finally speaks up. “Okay, first thing: what you did there was pure awesome. I mean, I’m not saying that it’s cool torturing someone like that but... WOW. I’ve never ever witnessed your powers so close like that. You’re even cooler than Jane Volturi! ” Yuri exclaimed with her hands flailing around, and Jessica giggles at her girlfriend.

The tanned girl’s eyebrows furrow for a second. “You know who Jane Volturi is, don’t you? The evil blonde vampire in ‘Twilight’ who appears in ‘New Moon’, and is Alec’s twin sister, and works for the Volturi, and---“ Yuri didn’t get the chance to finish her senseless rambling when a warm pair of lips suddenly enveloped hers in a soft playful kiss. Jessica pulls away, but hers and Yuri’s lips only a few centimetres apart still. She squealed when she saw Yuri’s cheeks slowly turned pink. “Yah. You can’t just steal kisses like that when I’m describing a character in Yoona’s favourite film. And novel.” Yuri wraps her arms around her girlfriend’s slim waist the same time Jessica wrapped hers around the tanned girl’s neck.

“Well, I can’t just let my girlfriend blabber about some girl from a romance fantasy novel.” Yuri managed to chuckle. “What? Jane’s only twelve in human age. That’d make me a e.” Jessica reached up and pinched the latter’s cheeks so hard it didn’t fail to make Yuri wince. “Correct. But in reality, she’s much much older than me. I mean, she was born in 800 A.D., while I was born in the 1800’s.” “Yes. So that makes her... a cougar? But then you’re...” Jessica pinches Yuri’s hard abs as soon as the tanned girl laughs. A set of hard slaps in the arm came following suit.

Yuri tried to dodge all the assaults, but of course, Jessica’s a vampire, her speed isn’t even one-fourth of Jessica’s.

“Okay, okay! I get your point, Sicababy! I’m kidding~” One last laugh at the end, and Jessica finally stops. With the vampire’s hand still raised in mid-air, Yuri grabs her by the hand and they both fall onto the mattress of Jessica’s queen-sized bed. For the first time in a while, Jessica was on top. Yuri reaches up to rub tender circles on Jessica’s cheekbone with her thumb. The older of the two shifted her position and straddled Yuri instead. Yuri grinned up at her.

“But really though, age-wise, you’re like my great great grandmother and yet, you still look younger than me.” Jessica punches Yuri’s arm at that statement. She pulls off a playful glare after. “Yah! Are you regretting being with me now just because I’m older than your grandma? Yah!” One of the best perks of having Jessica Jung as a girlfriend was getting to see her cute aggravated face when you . It’s epic, as Yuri states it---because stone-hearted Jessica Jung is actually a lot softer than cotton candy; than everyone always thought she was. “No. I wouldn’t regret loving you like I wouldn’t regret the day I watched ‘Fifty Shades’ with Taeyeon. No, I wouldn’t regret you coming into my life at all.”

Jessica giggles one more time before cupping Yuri’s face with her hands. Knowing where this was going, Yuri gave her girlfriend a hand and pulled the latter by the neck and connected their supple lips once again. The liplock turned heated in just a split second; the two lovebirds fighting for dominance as Yuri’s naughty hands roam around and about Jessica’s beautifully sculpted figure. Jessica smiles against Yuri’s lips before tugging it---from the upper to the lower---and pulls away, only to nibble on the human’s precious jawline. Though, Jessica would gladly admit that Taeyeon DOES have a much sharper and hotter jawline. She’d keep that to herself for now.

Yuri lets out a hiss the moment she felt her girlfriend’s fangs graze on her skin. Of course, she know Jessica wouldn’t sunk it in, but it’s just that, the feeling sends jolts of adrenaline through her veins. It’s a thrilling experience. She’ll have to thank Yoona for the enlightenment later on.

“Sica.. wait...” The tanned girl nearly moaned in pleasure.

Jessica just grinned on the younger girl’s throat. “Hmm? You have something to tell me?” She says, and Yuri felt nauseated because of the slight vibrations and added warmth it brought. And if it wasn’t for her reason of being here there, she would’ve been pulling Jessica’s shirt above her head right now. She chuckles at her own erted thought. One of the perks of being Kim Taeyeon’s best friend...

“Just wanted to remind you that aside from THIS, there’s another reason why I came up here.”

Jessica slowly raised from Yuri’s collarbone. They looked at each other with those sweet loving gazes and Yuri realizes that Jessica’s then brown orbs were now of a golden brown. ‘Wow. Does a vampire’s eyes really change colour when they’re... I mean, from Yoona’s experience, Juhyun’s turned exactly the same... when the two of them did... God knows what...’ She blushed madly from recalling hers and Yoona’s conversation one fine day. “Do you know you’re much more beautiful with those golden orbs of yours?” Jessica retracts and sits back up on Yuri’s stomach. “So I’m told. But nobody really said it the way you did just now. Usually, it’s more of the... explicit type of way.” By this point, Yuri sits up as well. “Well, those people are complete jerks.”

The two pulled away from their last positions and sat beside each other instead; backing up onto the headrest. “So... what do you wanna talk about?” Jessica starts as Yuri interlace their fingers together. Multiple times she thought how their hands fit perfectly together. Yuri looks at her and smiles.

“Enlighten me about the seemingly reincarnations of One Direction?”

Jessica chuckles. She slowly leans her head against Yuri’s shoulder and plays with Yuri’s fingers for a while. “Where do you want me to start?”

 

 

 

 

 

---

JUNG’s Mansion
Bowling Alley – Second Floor

“Ow!”

Luhan slapped his own forehead because he lost to Tiffany’s group for the umpteenth time ever since they started playing here. And if you’re curious, here were the so-called teams: Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Hyoyeon were team one; whilst Luhan and Sooyoung were team two. As obvious as it is, Sunny was missing in action on playing her favourite game. The angel said she was just going to go grab something at the store. Tiffany tried to stop her, and she didn’t exactly know why. Her vision wasn’t of harm anyways.

Or was it?

 

 

 

Flashback

“I’m going to meet your what?” Sunny exclaimed; halfway out of the glass swing doors of the bowling alley. Apparently, Tiffany was ‘warning’ her about meeting some girl at the store she was headed to, and that that girl would actually look like her; like a twin but isn’t. People refers to it as a reincarnation. And it’s not that she fears the said girl or anything but...

“I saw it. I saw her. You’re going to bump into her while going and grabbing that book authored by James Patterson and you’ll be in a huge shock because she looks just like me. And I’m not saying that your encounter would be terrible, but I... you’ll... Oh I don’t know! Just don’t go out!” Tiffany blabbered as fast, almost like a tongue twister, as Sunny just continued to stare at her like she spoke in a different language and the fallen couldn’t understand. But she understands; she understands but yet, she couldn’t at the same time. Because Tiffany was being anxious about this girl and she didn’t know why.

Unless...

Sunny leans sideways on the wall on her left and crosses her arms by her chest as she looked at Tiffany with a smirk plastered on her lips. “What?” Tiffany asked what the gesture meant. Sunny just continued staring for five minutes. “Are you jealous?” The angel teased. Tiffany’s eyes went wide. “What?! No! Why would I be jealous? Pfft!” The vampire crossed her arms by her chest also, and looked away. This made Sunny continue her teasing. Aside from Jessica, Tiffany’s too adorable when you . “Because you’re scared that when I do meet her, I’d fall in love with her because she looks like you. Please, Miyoung, I’m not THAT desperate to have you.”

Sunny probably didn’t meant for it to sound so harsh, but it did anyway.

“Hey...”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that.”

The teasing the two were having earlier had finally died down the moment Sunny turns around and was about to leave the bowling alley completely. Tiffany, on the other hand, was fast enough to tug on the sleeve of Sunny’s jacket. The angel reluctantly turned back to the now-frowning girl. Tiffany pushed the two of them completely outside of the alley and shut the door behind her. “Why are you always like that?” She asked, almost irritated. “Like what?” “THAT!” Tiffany almost yelled. Because one of the things Tiffany hated in life is when Sunny always walks away from a serious conversation.

Tiffany ruffled her own hair. “You’re always like that. Whenever the conversation turns serious, you always walk away. Why?” Sunny heaved an exasperated sigh. “This isn’t me walking away, this is me going out to get a book for myself and for your sister to read.” She lamely reasoned. And Tiffany wasn’t buying any of it. Though, as much as Tiffany wanted to push through the topic (and she didn’t know what’s gotten into her to do so) she forced herself to stay quiet once and for all, because this talking wasn’t going anywhere because Sunny was preventing it to.

“Fine. Do what you want then.” Now, it was Tiffany’s turn to walk away. But at the same time, it was also Sunny’s turn to speak. “Because walking away is the only method I know to get away from reality.”

‘And one of those harsh realities is you aren’t mine and never will be.’

Just like that, Sunny crept into Tiffany’s mind; saying the one thing she wanted to say that couldn’t do, so she just took it to mind-speak.

Tiffany was halfway through the door when Sunny spoke to her in her thoughts, and even before she could turn around and respond to her, she was already gone. She cursed herself for constructing that wall between her and Sunny again that was long gone when Sunny accepted her relationship with Taeyeon. But... ‘Have she really accepted it? Wholeheartedly?’

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

A light nudge on her arm woke Tiffany from her daydreaming. She looked to her left and saw Taeyeon looking at her worriedly. “Are you okay? You seemed... lost. Which is weird because that’s Jessica’s forte.” And from there, she laughed once again, showing off her beautiful eye-smile in the process. “Yah. If my sister heard you, she’d make you a bowling ball, or worse, a bowling pin right now.” Taeyeon chuckles, then goes back to her worried face after a few seconds. She knew better than to shrug off that monotonous tone Tiffany had earlier. Something was bothering the latter, and Taeyeon knows it. She senses it. “But seriously, are you alright? I know you’re not, but I’m asking anyways.”

Tiffany smiled at her girlfriend’s attempt of being serious.

“I’m fine. I guess I’m just worrying about something I didn’t even have to worry about.”

But Taeyeon was indeed serious, and she was nowhere near letting this go. Whatever it was that was bothering Tiffany, she would do anything to help. After all, when she was the one who needed a hand, Tiffany was there for her; never have given up on her, not even once. “Hey, whatever it is, you can tell me.” Tiffany smiled. Sunny was the one who always executed that phrase. Ever since they became the best of friends, she always told Sunny everything. Like what best friends do. But Sunny doesn’t feel the same way about her anymore. Suddenly, all Sunny felt for her was just past being a friend. And it confuses her day by day.

But she wasn’t gonna keep this from Taeyeon. Because she knows honesty is one of those two things one’s gotta have when in a relationship. And she didn’t want Taeyeon to distrust her. That was the last thing she’d want to happen.

Tiffany bent down and searched for a sixteen pound bowling ball on the rack in front of them. Apparently, it was their turn to bowl after Luhan’s seemingly failed attempt at saving his team from losing. The vampire sunk in three of her fingers to their respective places and positioned herself in front of the bowling alley.

“You know, I would’ve freaked out by now if I didn’t discover you’re a vampire. Because you’re just holding the heaviest ball in your hands and you don’t even look like you’re having a hard time breathing.” Taeyeon bragged; still amused. “Well, I could say the same thing about you.” Tiffany says to her last before taking exactly three steps forward and threw the ball. Taeyeon (as well as the rest of the group sitting on the couch behind them) slowly clapped their hands in amusement when the hit took down all the bowling pins without the slightest effort Tiffany exerted. ‘The Jungs are excellent in bowling’, noted.

Taeyeon took the next turn.

“So, what was it you were going to tell me earlier?” Taeyeon swiftly diverted their conversation. Tiffany sighed. She was right, Taeyeon was nowhere near letting the topic go. “You aren’t gonna let this go, are you?” Taeyeon smiled at her girlfriend; imitating the latter’s eye-smile before lunging forward and releasing the ball from her hands. Taeyeon bent down again to get another ball after the first one that hit only eight pins. Tiffany glanced at her girlfriend first before taking another glance at Hyoyeon (who was also on their team) who was searching for her green ball.

“Go on. It’s not like I don’t know your secrets.” Hyoyeon teased, and received a pinch in the ear from the Jung beside her. “Ow~” She glared at Tiffany before the latter spoke.

“Tae, do you ever have... best friend problems with Yoona and Yuri?”

Hyoyeon grinned to herself upon hearing Miyoung’s question. “You’re talking about Sunny, eh?” It didn’t took even a second for her ear to get pinched again; harder, this time. “Shut up, Hyoyeon.” Tiffany threatened and Taeyeon chuckled at the two of them. She gestured to Hyoyeon to continue the game, and beckoned Tiffany to go outside the room. For a little privacy. “Of course I do. It’s a normalcy between friends to have problems, right?”

Tiffany nodded once, nibbled on her lower lip, then, sighed. She wasn’t exactly sure about how would her girlfriend would feel if she tells her what was truly bothering her. But on the side note, no matter what, Taeyeon wouldn’t be mad at her. Disappointed maybe, but never angry. Taeyeon wasn’t that kind of person. She was like an angel. “Taetae... I’m... have you ever experienced being insecure by a person you haven’t even met?” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. They both stopped walking right on top of the grand staircase. “What exactly are we talking about here?” They both watched as the maids scurry down the halls, cleaning the first floor of the mansion---tearing down the drapes, and setting up new ones; sweeping, mopping, vacuuming the floor; dusting the furniture, and so on and so forth.

Tiffany flopped herself atop the railings on the side. Taeyeon followed her and stood in front of her. The vampire looks at the werewolf for a brief second before speaking again.

“Have you ever had a friend, aside from Yoona and Yuri, that... has a...”

“We are talking about Sunny here, aren’t we?” Tiffany was dumbfounded. Of course, she knew Taeyeon wasn’t stupid. She might’ve caught up on the topic from the very beginning, but was still being patient hearing Tiffany say it herself. And if it was still possible, Tiffany’s heart beat faster. “Are you mad?” She almost whispered, to which Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows once again. Mad? Why would she be mad? “Why would I be mad?”

Miyoung took a deep breath. “Because I’m starting a conversation about Sunny, and I know that you two aren’t even that close since day one and she’s my best friend, and she... we...” Tiffany suddenly stopped speaking. She looked at Taeyeon in the eye, and the latter was looking back at her with the same expression. ‘She has feelings for me and we’ve kissed before.’ Tiffany almost sighed in relief that Taeyeon couldn’t read minds. Because if Taeyeon could, she wouldn’t know how to explain these weird feelings inside her chest when the memory of that rainy night slipped into her mind. She was suddenly confused. She haven’t felt this way on that night so why was she like this right now?

“Yes, she’s your best friend,” Taeyeon cut off Tiffany’s reverie unconsciously. “And I get it that she’s  been already there in your life before I came. She will be there for eternity so it doesn’t give me any right to get mad at you just because you decided to talk about her. No. I don’t have a right to be mad at you for things like that, Tiffany. Not at all.” The vampire almost cringed when her girlfriend called her with her full name (well, not really full but... you get the point) Because when Taeyeon calls her in full, she knows how sincere Taeyeon is.

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s two hands with her own. “But... why are you asking all these? Something happened between you and Sunny?” Welp. Worried girlfriend Taeyeon is back. Tiffany slowly shook her head no. “Not exactly. I mean... maybe I’m just---I couldn’t imagine how I would feel if Sunny had a girlfriend.” And there goes the sole reason of zoning out. That ever since she had that vision, insecurities started eating her insides. And couldn’t quite grasp why.

“I mean, babe, I’m not jealous. I mean, I couldn’t possibly be jealous about Sunny’s future lover whom I haven’t even met. And I’m certainly not jealous because she’s my best friend and it’ll always remain that way but---“

Taeyeon chuckled both at Tiffany’s rambling and the fact the she just called her ‘babe’.

Tiffany stared at the werewolf confusedly. “Tae, why are you chuckling? Was there something I said?”

Taeyeon chuckled once again as she shook her head. She hauled herself up beside Tiffany. “It’s not about what you said. It’s just that... you’re so cute when you’re so worked up about something.” She held her girlfriend’s ice cold hand and smiled. She had never felt so warm in her entire life. “I think you’re just worried---worried about... what if Sunny found the one for her and you’d end up being the third wheel?; what if all the love Sunny has for you, you suddenly had to share with someone else? Things like that.”

Tiffany understood it all but was still a little confused. But after a little while thinking, it finally dawned to her that maybe, maybe this was how Sunny felt when she admitted how she felt about Taeyeon, and they eventually got together. Maybe that’s why she had lied about seeing Taeyeon with Donghae one night. Maybe that’s also why she kept telling her “I’m okay” when she clearly wasn’t. Because Sunny has this ability to make people think she’s okay when in reality, she’s too far from being okay. And it’s not even one of her supernatural powers.

‘You’re hurting me too much. Do you even know that? Do you even care?’ Sunny's voice echoed in her ear.

She was too preoccupied with her own life that she failed to notice that Sunny was hurting on the sidelines. A LOT. She was supposed to be there for her because the latter was always there no matter what. She was truly sorry for neglecting her best friend.

 “I’ve hurt her, Tae. I’ve hurt her deeply, and I don’t know how to make it up to her.”

“Hey...” Taeyeon breathed. “It’s alright. It’s going to be fine. Just... just give her some time; give her space. She’ll come around, eventually. She’s your best friend, and no matter what happens, I know, you know, everyone knows, that she’ll always be there for you even if she says she don’t want to. Because that’s how true friends are---they stand up for each other.” Tiffany’s eye-smile returned almost immediately after the reassurance Taeyeon delivered for her. The young vampire interlaced their fingers together and leaned her head onto Taeyeon’s shoulder in the process.

“You know, back then I never would’ve thought your wise words would make me feel better.” Taeyeon laughed. “The perks of being Yuri’s best friend, I think?”

Tiffany chuckles. “Yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

---

Bookstore

The bell on the door chimed, signifying a customer swinging in the said establishment. It wasn’t huge of a bookstore, it’s like an ancestral house that was remodelled and turned into a bookstore that has a second floor  and was just right across Bo’s Coffee. AND it also has a few computers settled on the second floor that quite makes it a bookstore and an internet cafe at the same time. A fair amount of people come by here since there was a cafe on the other side of the road, and because it was the only bookstore in the district.

(If you consider the National Library a bookstore then, it’s a kilometre or two away.)

Sunny flashed her charming smile at the girl standing by the counter, attending to customers with her co-cashier who was also doing the same at the moment. The cashier also smiled at Sunny the same, with her eyes disappearing into crescents almost like Tiffany’s. As soon as the girl’s counter was free, the fallen took the opportunity to slide and ease her way to a conversation. “What’s up?” was the sentence it started with.

The girl chuckled. “Don’t you know it’s inappropriate to have a chit-chat session with a cashier during working hours?” “No. Sorry, nobody mentioned that to me.” Sunny joked, with a tiny giggle at the end. The other girl signalled somebody to attend the cash register as she entertains her friend at the moment. Well, she was one of the bookstore’s owner after all. The two started walking towards the shelves with slow, easy steps. “You know, I don’t get it why you guys work like an employee when in all actuality, you own the store? What’s the catch?” Sunny asked again. And instead of answering, the same girl disappeared into a stock room. Sunny waited outside and leaned on the door frame.

“It’s to keep our minds busy.” The girl finally responded. “You know our world isn’t really much of a relief compared to the humans’ world. Sometimes I wish we could have an exchange.”

Sunny nodded in understanding. She understands because like Inguk and Boa, Nicole is a mortal vampire too---just like her other four friends who also owns the cafe near HHG University with her. And Nicole was only sixteen. As well as Seungyeon and Hara. The eldest of the five was Gyuri, turned at the age of nineteen. The youngest was Jiyoung, who was only fourteen. They’ve stayed teenagers for quite some time now, like the Jung sisters who stopped aging at eighteen.

It took about fifteen minutes for Nicole to finally find the books she was looking for. She closed the door behind her and handed the books to Sunny. “This’ll be a $36.70.”

Sunny took the materials into her hands as they both head back to the cash register. “How are the unnies? How’s Yoona holding up?” Nicole grabbed the barcode reader and punched the items into the cash register. Sunny handed the latter her credit card. She was punching in her pin number when she says, “So far, everything’s good. Boa unnie’s back, Taeyeon’s back from Paris, Juhyun’s very patient with Yoona, and---yeah, everything’s good.” Nicole smirks midway Sunny’s response. “So, how are YOU holding up?” To which, the fallen angel immediately caught on. She throws the younger girl a playful punch on the shoulder over the counter. Nicole laughed. She gestured towards the other cashier to watch out for her for a second.

“Okay, wait here.” Nicole tells Sunny before turning around to the mini-office just behind the counter. Sunny tapped the counter top lazily as she waited for Nicole.

The bell on the door rang twice as two persons enter the store. The first one headed immediately upstairs, while the second person headed straight for the cashier.

And it almost seemed like everything went into full slow motion when that person opened her mouth to speak. “Hey Yura, you have that book I asked you last week yet?” The girl asked in a cheerful tone of voice and Sunny---well, Sunny just stood there, frozen, as if someone just poured a whole bucket of ice on her then and there. “Wait here.” She heard the cashier (whom she learned goes by the name, ‘Yura’) before the latter too disappeared down the tall shelves.

A young boy temporarily stood in front of the cashier.

For the first time in her life, Sunny was too terrified to look, to even take a glance, and she didn’t knew why she was feeling like that at the moment. Yeah, sure, Tiffany’s vision came true, but that doesn’t quite explain the goosebumps on her skin, the trembling of her heart, and the sudden lack of oxygen in her lungs.

The girl beside her had the same voice she wouldn’t fail to recognize even if she go deaf. That same husky voice that rings inside her head everyday, especially when the owner sings to her. No. She wouldn’t forget that voice. Not in a million years she would.

‘God! Why am I feeling this way?’

And as if something, like an invisible force, had slapped Sunny for her to look on her right side, Sunny slowly tilted her head and hesitantly chanced a look at the other girl standing there, in front of the counter, with a charming wicked smile plastered on her face. She widened her eyes---still couldn’t believe that Tiffany’s vision actually came true. That, and the fact that this girl did really look like Jung Miyoung even from a side profile. It was like the girl was Tiffany, but at the same time she isn’t.

“Hi.”

Sunny swore she almost fainted.

“T-Tiffany?!”

The girl giggled on the spot. She shook her head. “No. Not Tiffany.” She extended her hand towards the cute stranger. Her eye-smile sent jolts of electricity throughout Sunny’s whole body that Sunny was wishing to just disappear right now. The last time an eye-smile had done the exact same thing to Sunny, it was when she first fell, and Tiffany ran from across the street and to her and asked her name and then... that’s when the spine tingling eye-smile came.

 

 

 

“It’s Stephanie---Stephanie Hwang.”

---

NOTE: Weird chapter (and title too), I know! Didn't have to tell me twice lol

But anyways... I hope you still liked this chapter though. I'm working hard for the next ones ^^ THANKS for all the support you've been giving me. I hope in some way, I was making it up. HAHA THANK YOU GUYS! LOVE YOU ALL <3