Something Wicked This Way Comes

The Unloved: The Unwanted Series

JUNGs RESIDENCE
A Few Hours Ago

“Sunny! Sunny, where are you going?” Inguk sprinted towards the fallen angel from the mansion’s third floor all the way down the first floor and towards the Tudor styled doors. He got to the latter in no time. Sunny turned to him, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. A while ago they were both having a fine conversation upstairs in the dining room, along with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon, the four of them laughing their a**es off because of what Hyoyeon had said about that weird kid who always sits at the back on their French class. Inguk couldn’t stay put. He was running his fingers through his hair, making it look like a bird’s nest. Then, he keeps shuffling his feet; he scratches his forehead and rubs his nape. That’s when Sunny had it and bursts out, “Oppa! What’s bothering you?” She yelled so loud it echoed in the whole mansion and made Inguk startled.

Inguk stared at Sunny for good five seconds before he utters out, “There’s something I need to tell you.”

Sunny turns around fully to face Inguk now, retracting her left foot that was already stepping on the other side of the door. “What are you talking about?” The angel says carefully as she tries to search Inguk’s face for any signs of unpleasant occurence in his eyes that his mouth always failed to convey. She immediately regrets it. Leaning away, Sunny asks him one more time, “Oppa, what’s going on?” But instead of a verbal answer, what Sunny got was a hand clamped around her wrist and Inguk dragging her back upstairs.

From there, she met Sooyoung and Hyoyeon holding a tablet and looking up at her like they’ve seen a ghost. Sunny rushes up to them and peeks at the tablet---to which was playing a video from YouTube showing a guy probably in his mid-twenties, lying on his back in the middle of the street... in a pool of his own blood. Some bystanders were screaming, some of them were dialling the ambulance, some were recording the crime scene (like the one who recorded what they were watching right now.)

After a few seconds, the video came to an end, and Sunny replays it and takes a closer look. The three others just looked at her expectantly.

And just like what they’ve expected of Sunny’s reaction, the eldest of the fallen angel trio murmurs out “What is this?” at the group (but mostly to herself) with her eyes opened wide. She looked to and fro at the tablet and to the group for about four times before Hyoyeon clears and finds her voice.

“The video was taken earlier today,” Hyoyeon started; voice a little shaky. Because in her eighty-nine years of living and getting into all sorts of battle, that video could only mean one thing: WAR. And she wasn’t ready to have any of it right now; they weren’t ready yet. It has only been three months and a half. “Across Yonsei University.” Hyoyeon continued. “By the moment the sun has risen, people found a man lying in the middle of the street, within a pool of his own blood... with an unexplainable bite... on his neck.”

The gadget almost fell from Sunny’s hands.

“The comments stated there he was a student from HHG University.” Sooyoung added. Then, the four of them shares meaningful glances towards each other before the answer they’ve been looking for all comes down to these particular persons who’ve just happened to set foot on Korean soil a few days ago. “No.” Sunny says. “No. It’s not possible. They wouldn’t... they wouldn’t do this. They know what---who they’re up against if they choose to harm this city. They wouldn’t do such stupid crime considering they were raised in the main institute.” Everyone had gone silent by then. Because half of what Sunny had said was true---the boys aren’t stupid enough to ignore Jessica’s warning and go up against a group who had defeated so many immortals in their timelines. Nope. Hopefully, they’re not that dumb.

But then, somewhere down the road, they were missing something here. “That’s the point---they were raised in the main institute.” Inguk contradicts Sunny’s idea of the boys’ possible cowardice. They were vampires, and vampires (and any other immortal races out there) aren’t supposed to show cowardice especially when those vampires were raised by one of Dracula’s sons and is the current head of the main vampire institute. They just don’t cower because of a single warning like that. “The human world isn’t the only one with utmost corruption. There are things they’ve done that only those of who witnessed it knows. And Boa, and Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, and I knows what they’re capable of, of what they can do to get what they want. And they want us to face the consequences of the acts we did the past year. They want us to pay for what we’ve done. No matter what cost.

“And that would only happen... if they were to turn Seoul against us.”

They were speechless. Like their voice box was ruthlessly torn away from their throats.

“Okay, look,” Sooyoung raises two hands in the air as if surrendering unto someone. “I’m not saying I’m siding with them or anything, pfft! Like I will ever, but it’s just that what if---take note, WHAT IF---they aren’t the ones responsible for that guy’s death? What if someone was out there after us too? Take Leonard for example.” Sooyoung states as a matter of fact, and somehow she had a point---those boys aren’t the only ones ready for mass destruction. Inguk massages his temple. This was a lot to take in right now. Just when they thought, the war had stopped back in the Philippines, here they go again. “But Leo isn’t stupid to just suddenly show up. Probably, he must have just even a tinge of knowledge that we already know he’s still alive.”

Sunny lets out an exasperated sigh and hands back Hyoyeon her iPad. She looks back at Inguk with that exhausted look on her face. Apparently, she was tired of fighting every who’s out there, trying to get them. “So, what do we do?” She asked the vampire. “How will we know which of them is responsible for this?” The group went silent again.

“Let’s just... lay low for a while. We have to think this through.”

The three angels nods in agreement.

“At least now we have an idea who’re the candidates for implementing havoc in our city.” Hyoyeon says. But Sunny wasn’t having any of this lowering profile thingy. All those years she’d spent fighting alongside the sisters she’d treated as family, her mind wouldn’t be at peace until that person who was out to slaughter them is burning in hell. “The sisters need to know this.”

 

 

 

 

 

Present Hour

Sunny stepped on the break, killed the engine, took off her seatbelt, and jumped out of the car; Sooyoung and Hyoyeon following closely behind. Truth to be told, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung both tried to persuade Sunny into not telling the others about this for now, because it wasn’t that serious (yet) and because there’s that little voice in their heads saying they could be overreacting about this. And they didn’t want the others to panic. But Sunny was stubborn as hell, telling them, “It’s better to be ready than to go to war without a single armour at hand” And so they were...

The three angels stopped by the doorway when they saw that little commotion in the living room where Yuri was screaming and Taeyeon and the rest were trying to pry Yoona away from the tanned girl.

“Yoona, stop!” Jessica steps in between Yuri and Yoona, and forcefully breaks the new born away from her girlfriend---sending Yoona almost flying off the window if not for Juhyun catching her in time. Yuri, on the other hand, was now sprawled on the sofa, panting hard, while Taeyeon held her bleeding wrist; delaying more blood from spilling. Still sensing the strong aroma of Yuri’s blood, Yoona tried to lunge for Yuri again. Tiffany fronted and blocked her way---sending her off sliding back to where Seohyun was standing. Suddenly, it was like the time where Yoona first awoke from the grave and raced for Yuri all over again.

“Hyun, get Yoona out of here. Now.” Jessica commands her sister with such conviction the trio standing by the door nearly flinched. It has been a while since Jessica became so authoritarian to anyone. Especially to her sisters.

Seohyun nodded in understanding, and takes Yoona as far away from the house as possible. Sunny took this as a cue to come in to the rescue. Out of the nine of them, she was the only one with healing powers. She was the group’s own personal medical kit. “What happened?” Sunny asks the girls as Taeyeon gives way for Sunny to take hold of their friend’s still bleeding wrist. Sunny softly placed her palm over Yuri’s wrist. Yuri was still pale, and sweating, and panting. “Yuri fed Yoona her blood.” Tiffany answers her. “What? Why? Where’s Irene?” Jessica flops her bum on the sofa, beside her girlfriend, and held the latter’s other hand, trying her best to soothe her. “She’s out of town for a couple of days. Damn maknae came up with a crazy idea of Yuri being her girlfriend’s human vassal.”

Sunny chuckles at the slightly sour look on Jessica’s face.

The angel then slowly removes her hand from Yuri’s wrist and sees the wound now completely healed. Hyoyeon then hands her a small plastic bag with wet tissues from the bathroom to wipe the remnants of the feeding still present on Yuri’s wrist. Sunny turns to wipe the remaining blood. That’s when everyone calmed down. When Yuri screamed earlier, they thought she was going to lose it.

“So...” Taeyeon started. “What brought the three of you here?” Sooyoung sits beside her, on the coffee table, and swings her long arms around her shoulders. “Why? We can’t visit our friends?” Taeyeon giggles at that. “No, I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just... nevermind.” The corners of Sooyoung’s mouth curls up into a -eating grin after seeing that slight blush on Taeyeon’s cheeks. “Oh I get it. You don’t want us to run in on something. Or... well... more specifically, you didn’t want Sunny to run into that something.” The werewolf pushed the angel so hard she fell on the carpeted floor.

Laughter filled the air. And Sunny was shaking her head in disbelief.

After she’d wiped Yuri’s wrist clean, Sunny stood up and headed towards the kitchen. Tiffany followed her suit, leaving the rest of the gang chatting amongst each other about what happened earlier. Sunny and Tiffany were about to have their own conversation on the other side of the house. “Hey,” Tiffany called out, halting her steps right behind Sunny (who was now washing her hand clean of human blood.) “Hey back.” Sunny greets her best friend back as she wipes her hand with a hand towel nearby. Tiffany crosses her arms by her chest and stares at Sunny, who reciprocates the action, and they stay like that for ten seconds. “What are you doing here?” The vampire girl asks. Sunny lets out a sly smile. “Well, like Sooyoung said, can’t we visit our friends?”

Tiffany moves beside her and flops herself atop the marble counter. “I know that’s not the reason. I can see it in your eyes. You want to tell me something, what is it?” Sunny mentally scolded herself for not preparing a backup excuse when Tiffany starts to be suspicious. Sunny takes a peek of the other girls on the living room through the glass door before looking back at Tiffany; the question still hung in the air.

Sunny finally opens . The excuse she blurted wasn’t really her initial plan. It just sort of happened. “We met Stephanie in KARA cafe on the way here.” In that split second, the expression painted on Tiffany’s face was washed off. The fallen didn’t know whether to laugh at it or not.

“Are you mad?”

Tiffany shakes her head. “No. Why would I be mad? Pfft! If you wanna be friends with her it’s fine.” ‘Like I care.’

The tone of Tiffany’s thoughts (like thoughts even had one) screamed jealousy all over it. But Sunny decided to keep that to herself. For now. “Okay. If you say so.”

Sunny prepared to walk back into the living room with the others when Tiffany pulled on the hood of her cardigan and pulled her back. She looked at her best friend in confusion and raised an eyebrow. Tiffany chewed her lip before words started coming out. “How did Hyo and Soo react?” A dorky smile spread across the angel’s lips upon remembering those shocked faces Hyoyeon and Sooyoung had when they saw Tiffany’s reincarnation about an hour ago.

 

 

 

Flashback

“Let’s stop by the cafe. I haven’t had breakfast yet.” Sooyoung mused while rubbing her tummy to make her point. The other two sitting at the front glanced at each other with their scrunched faces. Sooyoung saw this and knocked their heads softly. Sunny rolled her eyes and had no other choice but to take that left turn. Because one does not simply mess with a starving fallen angel, especially when that fallen in none other than Choi Sooyoung---the ‘foodie angel’. Sunny immediately parked on that empty space in front of the cafe and killed the engine. Sooyoung was the first one who got out of the vehicle. As usual.

Hyoyeon sighed. She shook her head and quotes, "Once a shikshin, ALWAYS a shikshin.” Sunny fist-bumps with her by then. And they both got out. Sooyoung was standing in the middle of the cafe by the time the two other angels entered the establishment. The two were completely clueless of the tall girl’s situation as they were busy eyeing the menu board above the cash register. But that’s only until Hyoyeon started to notice her friend wasn’t moving (even breathing) at all. She waved a hand in front of her. “Soo?” Sunny whipped her head towards Sooyoung and saw the mortified expression painted on her face. She followed the younger girl’s gaze.

From there, she saw the last person she expected to see at this hour.

Stephanie. The same Stephanie she met a few days ago who turns out to be Nicole’s classmate-slash-friend and Tiffany’s cute doppelganger reincarnation.

Hyoyeon (who happened to follow her friend’s gazes) gasped rather exaggeratedly; placing a hand above her chest as if suddenly having a heart attack. But she was indeed baffled though, because a girl who absolutely, definitely, certainly looks like Jung Miyoung is standing there by the cash register, chatting and giggling with Hara like they’ve known each other for so long now. As far as they know, the KARA sisters (or so that’s what Tiffany decided to address them as) didn’t have any acquaintances around town and that the only friends they ever had ever since they were turned was them---the highly respected underworlders of Seoul.

So now the question remains---who is Stephanie Hwang?

“Guys!”

The three girls still rooted to their spots all turned their heads simultaneously at the owner of the voice that just called out to them. It was Gyuri.

“What are you doing standing here like some... mannequin?”

The trio remained unfazed. Gyuri face-palmed. She could only think of one thing she could do to make the three to even just react to whatever. She flicked her finger and the response was immediate.

The three fallen angels almost crouched down while holding their ears and wincing. “Gyuri, stop!” Sunny yelled, low enough not to cause any ruckus inside the cafe, but loud enough for Gyuri to hear and attend to. Another flick of a finger, and the trio’s hearings were back to normal. That was Gyuri’s deadly ability---to deafen her opponents by letting them hear a mermaid’s scream until they crumble down and eventually die. And oh was it excruciating.

Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Sunny composed themselves---opening and closing their mouths several times until their hearings went completely back to normal.

“God, Gyuri, did you really have to do that?!” Hyoyeon exclaims along with a slap in the arm. Gyuri chuckles. “I knew the three of you weren’t anywhere near answering me so I had to do something.” Another slap in the arm, and this time, it’s from Sooyoung. “You could’ve just slapped us across the face instead of using that power of yours, ya know?”

“Haha very suggestive.” Hyoyeon says in a sarcastic tone as she nudge Sooyoung in the ribs.

And just when Sunny thought that the flow of the conversation will run off smoothly from here, she couldn’t be more wrong. Because of all of these instances Stephanie could notice her, she wishes that time wasn’t today. Just any day, but not today. Or she’d totally freak out. “Hey.” Sunny swore she almost fainted. She knew how pale her face might’ve been right now since Sooyoung was patting her shoulder and was asking her if she was alright. She wanted to say that three-letter word but it just wouldn’t come out. She couldn’t even find the strength to mind-speak.

“Oh Steph!” Gyuri greeted the additional person in their live mini chat room. She anxiously glanced back at the three to see their reactions, and turns out, they were back to that frozen state of theirs when they first came in. Gyuri coughs intentionally loud, and Sooyoung and Hyoyeon both turn to look at her. Gyuri took this as an opportunity to finally introduce their new friend. “So guys, this is Stephanie. Naturally, she’s Nic’s friend, but any friend of the girls are my friends too so...” She paused to look at Stephanie---who already had that eye-smile stapled on her face.

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung couldn’t refrain from grinning.

She really looked like Tiffany ing Jung!

“Hi~” They said in unison (that almost sounded like retards or some sort.)

Both Stephanie and Gyuri chuckles at the funny scene. “So, this is Sooyoung---the tallest of my friends,” Gyuri says, pointing at Sooyoung. “This is Hyoyeon---the most mischievous out of all of us. She’s a great dancer too,” She whispers the last part (with a giggle) as she points that index finger of hers towards the blonde angel. “And this---“

“Oh yeah, I know her.” Stephanie unintentionally cuts in. “Sunny, right?” She asked the still-pale-faced girl still gawking at her like the first time they met again. “Uhh...”

“Right. Of course, how would I forget such a beautiful face?”

The words started to get jumbled inside Sunny’s head by then. She was nervous again. And she couldn’t comprehend why. The first and (probably; hopefully) last person who ever made her heart race was... Tiffany. Yeah, Tiffany made her heart hammer in her chest like an eagle trying to rip its way out of the confinements of its cage, and all these unexplained feelings deep within her chest whenever she was near. Back then, she was so sure she had fallen for the vampire the moment their eyes met and Tiffany had led her into her life. But she wasn’t really sure about those feelings that seemingly found its way back into her system and was mercilessly munching on her insides like some kind of parasites now.

Or well maybe she was sure but she just didn’t want to admit the saddening fact that someone had just successfully stolen Tiffany’s towering number one spot in Lee Soonkyu’s heart.

‘Wait. What?!’

“Oh, you know each other?”

Sunny came back to her senses.

Stephanie kept on smiling. “Yeah. We met at the bookstore a few days back. Nicole introduced us to each other actually.” She looked back at Sunny. “It was nice seeing you again!” She says, suddenly hyped up. And Sunny couldn’t prevent that smile from going any wider because by the time she realized it, it was too late, she was already smiling ear to ear. “Yeah... same here...”

“Okay, I know this isn’t the right time but... DAMN! You do look a LOT like Tiffany!” Hyoyeon exclaims; suddenly reaching out a hand and shakes Stephanie’s hand. Sunny smacks her head. “Ow!” The blonde turns to glare at her friend (who turns out to be glaring at her as well) “Who’s... Tiffany?” Came Stephanie’s million dollar question. Seriously, sometimes Hyoyeon was a little bit careless at things like this. The four girls (Gyuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Sunny) exchanged meaningful glances towards each other before Sunny smacks Hyoyeon’s head again and answers the question with an awkward smile. “Just a... friend.” Ooh... that stung. Sunny didn’t exactly knew why she was suddenly denying Tiffany’s relationship with her identity.

(Well, she couldn’t really tell Stephanie that she’s a reincarnation of a hundred year old vampire who happened to be her first love and her best friend, could she?)

Sensing the tension slowly arising, Gyuri rides along. After all, what Sunny said was a quarter of the truth. “Yeah. A friend that you resemble in some angles.” A nervous laugh. But thankfully, the younger girl seemed to buy it. “Really? I wish I could meet her someday.” “NO!” The angels blurted out of the blue. Stephanie furrowed her eyebrows at them. “I-I mean, sure. If she has the time.” Sooyoung retracted, hoping it didn’t arose suspicions from KARA’s mundane friend.

“Great! I can’t wait, then?”

The other girls almost sighed in relief.

“Okay. So... I guess I’d better get going?”

“Aww~ But we haven’t got to know each other yet~” Sooyoung whined like she always had whenever she’s hungry and Seohyun wouldn’t give her anything the whole day because she emptied her cookie jar. Sunny shot her daggers. Stephanie, on the other hand, just lets out a giggle. “I guess some other time, Sooyoung-ssi. I still got some errands to run.” She politely declined the fallen’s idea of staying a little longer. She’s a busy woman, ya know?

“Aww---“

“Yeah. Some other time.” Sunny says, with a forced eyesmile. Her right hand covering Sooyoung’s annoying loud mouth. Stephanie flashes a toothy grin (totally ignorant unaware of that loud beating inside her chest.) She later bids goodbye at Jiyoung and Hara back at the cash register, Nicole (who decided to stop by the cafe) who was having coffee with Seungyeon at the far back of the cafe, and lastly to Gyuri, who was trying her hardest to suppress a smile from popping out of her face because of that stupid grin across Sunny’s lips that the latter didn’t seem to notice. “It was nice meeting you guys!” Stephanie directed towards the three fallen angels who were smiling like idiots at the moment. Stephanie almost wanted to laugh.

“Yeah. Umm, it was nice meeting you too.” Sooyoung says; rubbing her nape and reaching out to shake Stephanie’s hand. The younger girl chanced a small laugh one last time before finally heading out the cafe.

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

"Ghuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllll, I can tell you Sunny's totally whipped for that creature!"

As soon as Hyoyeon intervened the talk in the kitchen, the sooner that butcher’s knife came flying over her head (that eventually got caught by Jessica back at the living room) The girls turned their heads at the direction of the kitchen; a crease on their eyebrows present. Back at the kitchen, Sunny didn’t have much time to prevent that blush from creeping up her cheeks. Well, like she could even.

Hyoyeon brought the apple she was holding to (that she just got from the dining table on her way to where 2Ny was at.“What? I was just trying to tell Fany how dumb you looked like in front of your new crush.” A smirk exploded on the blonde’s lips just like that. And Sunny didn’t think twice and grabbed her friend’s ear and pinch it hard. Tiffany let out a jealous knowing grin as the two angels try and wrestle each other to the floor. “So, you do like her?” The two fallen froze midway.

Most of the time, Sunny could read Tiffany like an open book; words or no words, actions or no actions. Just a simple look in the eye and she knows the answer. It was the same for the former. Their friendship worked like that. But this time, the vampire girl was like a blank space, a blank page of a book she didn’t know the purpose of. It was like Tiffany was blocking her. For the first time since they’ve met, Tiffany wouldn’t let her in. And she didn’t know why. She tried grasping the words lost in but they kept slipping, preventing her to speak the words she wanted to say. She wanted to explain, but what was she going to explain for exactly? It’s not like she and Tiffany are in a romantic relationship anyways so...

“Yeah, whatever. But that’s really not why the three of us are here anyway.”

Hyoyeon finally freed herself from Sunny’s grip on her ear. Hyoyeon glared at her but the latter remained impassive. “Are you really that desperate to change the subject? I told you, they didn’t need to know now.”

Sunny’s gaze soften at that and proceeds to think thoroughly. Because Hyoyeon was right about two things: she was THAT desperate about diverting the conversation to something else because if it doesn’t change soon, she doesn’t know how she’ll be able to look Tiffany in the eye in the next few seconds (well, it’s not like Tiffany cared for her change of heart. Unless stated otherwise...) Okay, the second thing was: Hyoyeon had been convincing her to turn the vehicle around and go back to the mansion. Because like Sooyoung said, they could be overreacting and misinterpreting things. They didn’t know the whole story of that video. At least, not yet.

But then again, why would they wait for a second incident when they could do something now and prevent something vile from happening?

Witnessing the two angels’ exchange of glances, Tiffany slides down from the counter and stares at the two questioningly; her arms crossed. “Guys, what’s going on? What don’t we know?” The two glanced at her side briefly before Sunny let out a heavy sigh and brings out her phone from the back pocket of her white skinny jeans. She types something on the screen and scrolls through it before showing it to her. She inched closer and grabs the gadget. And now, she was watching that viral video.

Just like Sunny’s reaction a few hours ago, Tiffany mutters “What is this?” While looking back and forth at the two other girls standing in front of her with stoned expressions. Hyoyeon decided to speak on Sunny’s behalf. “The netizens says he’s a student from the university---your university, as a matter of fact." Tiffany still didn’t quite get the memo. “It was filmed and uploaded six hours ago in front of Yonsei University. We still haven’t got further details about that guy’s full identity but I’m assuming he’s a junior. I mean, I think I saw him around before.” Hyoyeon paused to take a look at Tiffany’s pale face (well, her face was already pale to begin with but... you get it.) She took a deep breath and resumed her explanation. “If you zoom in, it’s clear he had two ‘animal’ bites on his neck.” She quoted in the air with her fingers.

Almost instantly, Tiffany does as she was instructed and zooms the video just enough for her to catch sight on those two dots on the victim’s neck where the blood oozed out of. She swore she would’ve thrown up at the gory sight if it wasn’t for her vampirism.

“Who did this?”

Sunny bit her lower lip. “We’re still figuring that out.” She glanced at Hyoyeon’s side. “But we have two suspects. Well, figuratively, it’s two. But literally, they’re like... six.”

“Who?” Jessica asked, fully stepping into the kitchen’s perimeter. She, as well as the others in the living room (putting Yuri aside), happened to have overheard the entire conversation, and were only waiting for the right time to barge in. Sooyoung ruffled her hair; suddenly feeling nervous. Because now that Tiffany and Jessica knows, only God knows what would happen in the next few hours. It’s the Jungs they’re talking about here. “Leonard, you’re infamous uncle from hell who just happened to escape your wrath three and a half months ago; and these five good-looking guys who looked like One Direction that I don’t remember not even one of you ever mentioning to us.”

Jessica nodded in understanding. After a few minutes of complete silence, Jessica looks back at Sooyoung. “This is the first incident, right?” The fallen angel nodded. “Okay then, we better not jump into conclusions. For all we know, this could be nothing, and I don’t wanna end up barking at the wrong tree. I mean, do you?” The rest of the girls shakes their heads no. But Tiffany had other things in mind. “But Jess, are we going to wait for it to happen again? Are we just going to sit here and wait until someone gets attacked again? Jess, this isn’t something you see everyday. We have to do something.”

The eldest Jung knew her sister had a point---that this isn’t a topic to be disregarded. Unless they still lived in the 1800’s then maybe they can just shrug it off and carry on. But no, things were different now, there’re less heroes but more lives to save.

“We won’t wait,” Jessica says. “Because you are going to tell us what you see and what you will see for the next few days. You can foresee the future and right now, I’m telling you to utilize it well.” “That’s going to be a problem.” Tiffany mutters under her breath; eyes dropping down to her feet as if feeling guilty of what she was about to tell the others. “What do you mean?” Jessica comes closer to her sister, trying to look her in the eye. “Look at me. What’s going on?”

The jet-black haired girl heaved a sigh and eyed everyone in the room with her. Her gaze landing on her sister last. “Ever since... ever since the boys arrived, and we’ve tracked uncle, my ability seemed a bit... off. I don’t know. I don’t understand it, it’s... it’s flickering inside my head like a light bulb about to blow off any second. It’s been showing me images these past few days...” The latter trailed, and right then, Jessica knew what her sister was seeing was far from good.

“What have it shown you?”

Tiffany shuddered a little upon remembering those distant memories that have been haunting her the past few days.

“Do you remember the time we first fed on humans?” Jessica bobbed her head once before turning to look back at the others. “Can you guys give us a moment, please?” She asks politely. The girls nodded, and Sunny ushered the rest out of the kitchen to give the sisters some privacy. Jessica looks back at Tiffany, holding her shoulders as she massages the younger girl’s shoulder blades to calm her down. She’d always done it whenever Tiffany’s being chased by flying cockroaches or spiders in the backyard. “What else did you saw?”

Hwang Minyoung. Hwang Minyoung---the villager dad killed back in 1900’s. She was the first human we ever drank fresh blood from. I kept seeing her in my visions and it’s not making any sense. I mean, it was a past memory, but why do I keep seeing that?” Tiffany paused. “I’m supposed to see the future, not the past.”

The brunette gritted her teeth as her grip on her sister’s shoulder unconsciously tightens. “It’s Leonard.” But Tiffany shakes her head no.

“No. He’s not doing it. Nor does the boys. It’s someone else. I would know because I could feel it; in my head, in my veins. It’s something else.”

Jessica finally backs away and paces the kitchen.

“We need to find out who’s behind all this. Whatever this person’s grudge against us is, we need to find a way to stop it.”

Something flickers inside Tiffany’s brain again. “I think I know who it could be.” Jessica halts on her track. “Maybe it’s someone connected to Hwang Minyoung who’s behind all this. That’s why I kept on seeing her in my visions. Jess, it’s a possibility. Whoever this person is, he or she is trying to get back at us; to avenge Minyoung’s death.”

“But why now? This person could’ve done it decades ago but why now?” Jessica voices out.

The sliding door opens and Seohyun shows up. “What’s going on?” The maknae asks, closing the sliding door behind her. Both of her sisters look up at her. Jessica was about to answer her sister’s impending question, but the door slides open again and Sooyoung emerges and says something hasty the sisters barely had enough time to process it. “Guys, you gotta see this.” Even when no response was delivered, Sooyoung runs back to the living room with the others. Jessica, Tiffany, and Seohyun all looked at each other and reluctantly follows the fallen angel. What they witnessed next made the hairs at the back of their necks stand.

“Earlier today, another student from Heub Hyeol Gwi University have been found lying dead on a pavement in front of a shopping centre in Namdaemun-ro. Several witnesses states that a man in a black trench coat seemed to have an argument with the victim that had seemingly lead him into stabbing the defenceless student for five times. The suspect’s identity have not yet been confirmed by authorities but the student was earlier confirmed to be Park Chanyeol, a sophomore student under the mass communication department...”

“Chanyeol? Wait. Isn’t he...”

“A lycanthrope, yes.”

“Oh... .”

Jessica suddenly reached for her keys that she left earlier on the side table, and headed for the door. Tiffany was fast to get a hold of her sister. “Jessi, where are you going?” Jessica eyed everyone in the room. "I'm going to give the institute a heads up." Her eyes rests on her sister last. "Like you said, this isn't something we see everyday; especially not here in the twenty-first century. So just in case things get out of hand, we're going to need all the help we can get."

By the time Tiffany blinked, Jessica was gone.