Leonard's Diary

The Unloved: The Unwanted Series

NOTE: Hey gheis, I'm back! Sorry it took a little while, but here you go! :D

Another content warning though, there are sort of explicit scenes down there (totally not . Just close to it xP) so read at your own risk. Not taking any responsibilities for ya'll young people reading this material.

PS. If anyone's wondering who Leonard is, please refer to Chapter 42 of 'The Unwanted' and the Prologue of THIS story.

Enjoy~

---

1705
Seoul, South Korea

Leonard was a young, fine man. He was diligent in everything he does, he was humble, he was kind, he had a pure heart; he was a gentleman. But that was the thing---was. He was once those things, until his best friend and the girl he loved for all of his life had confessed their love for each other and exchanged vows in St. Anne’s chapel just beside the seminary school in their little town. Little, but united. Or so that’s what everyone thought. Because the once man with a kind heart had diabolical conspiracies intact underneath his sleeves.

The said man was enjoying himself with a bottle of scotch in the middle of the day inside the still closed up bar with janitors and other personnel cramming around the bar; cleaning up. The bartender wasn’t about to give him any alcohol at a time like this, but a threat to bite his head off or slit his throat left him with no any other choice.

“Scotch? In the middle of the day?” Taehwan---Leonard’s so-called best friend (or so that’s what he labelled him as centuries passed) strutted inside the establishment and sat on the empty stool right beside him. “Have you gone mad? Why would you desire to get drunk while the sun is still up?” Taehwan asked, pouring himself a glass of scotch as well. Well, sometimes he was quite a hypocrite himself. Leonard laughed, almost in a mocking way as he and Taehwan poses for a toast. “I just have a lot of things going on inside this brain of mine that I cannot quite fathom.” Taehwan just smiled at his friend, unaware of the true meaning of the words Leonard was trying to convey. “And what would that be?”

“This... fiendish treachery of a friend from a long time ago.” Leonard says, giving Taehwan the look of hatred he had felt ever since that faithful day to which the latter had failed to acknowledge. “Elaborate.” “Perhaps, next time, my friend. I believe thee is not the right time to know about this... gruesome person.” Leonard says lastly before drinking the remaining scotch on his glass. Taehwan nods along, since he knew better than to push his friend unto telling him whoever this addressed person was. He knew Leonard like the back of his hand. So he let it go. “So I’m afraid we might have to leave it there?” Leonard nods at his friend. “I’m afraid so.”

Just like that, the conversation had concluded and Taehwan prepared himself to leave. Leonard almost smirked to himself. “Leaving already, my friend?” He asks. Taehwan empties his glass in one go and looks at his friend one last time. “Yes. I believe Yeonhee and I have yet to attend the appointment we have arranged for this hour and the next.” “I see.” Leonard says last. Taehwan pats his friend on the shoulder and started to walk away, towards the doors. “Have a safe journey to wherever it is you are heading to. I’ll see you back.” Taehwan glances back at his friend, who was pouring his glass another round of scotch, and waved goodbye. But Leonard says something even before Taehwan could pull out the doors open.

“And send my regards to your loving wife.”

“I will.”

And Taehwan was gone. And at that exact same moment, the bartender (who went inside the storage room earlier when Taehwan and Leonard were conversing) suddenly emerged from the side; holding a case of wine. The bartender looked at Leonard’s direction with utmost loathe. And Leonard, witnessing this, only laughed menacingly. He knew the bartender as well as the latter knew him. They were close friends way back from high school. Things only took a twisted turn when Leonard was starting to become something else---something like an abomination.

The bartender grunted when he placed down the wooden case and started stacking the bottles of wine on their respective places up on the display wall. “Leonard Kang, when are you going to stop being so vindictive over the man you used to call your best friend?” He daresay, and Leonard, gulping the whole contents of his glass, leaned in more closer and said, “My vindictive nature will never end, my friend. It will never stop until I’ve accomplished the oath I gave to myself that I will make him suffer the way I have suffered, and until he have lost everything he had ever loved---his mother, his father, his innocent baby sister; his wife, his child; and THIS city he holds dearly to his heart. I will make him feel what it’s like to have felt complete despair, and when all that is done, that’s when I’ll stop.

“But until then, I’ll begin by crossing names on my list. And you, my friend, are going to help me with it.”

The bartender whipped around, halting his errands, and shot the most terrifying glare he had ever managed his whole life. Never would he have known his once good friend would turn into this behemoth that he is today. “And why would you think I would have even the slightest desire to join your devious plan against a man to whom I also call a friend?” At that, Leonard could only deepen the smirk across his lips. He places his glass down and stands up from his chair. He rests his hands onto the counter top. “Because if you still want to see your precious daughter alive and breathing, you’d join my army without any hesitations.”

By that point, the bartender already had his eyes widened. He grabbed Leonard by the collar and positioned to choke him. “What did you do to her?!” Leonard didn’t wipe the devilish smirk from his face. “Nothing. At least not yet.” That’s when the bartender had it and landed his burning fist against Leonard’s cunning face. He leaped over the bar and trudged Leonard onto a wall so hard it almost cracked. “If you as much lay a finger on my daughter, so help me, I will kill you!”

In a matter of a second, the tables were turned.

The bartender was now the one being trudged onto the wall with Leonard grabbing onto the collar of his shirt. Leonard smiled---definitely not a pleasing one. “Oh don’t you worry, my friend, there will be no killing. I will not harm your precious little girl if you do whatever I say. And right now, I want you to join me in stabbing a common friend from his back---where he least expected it. And from the people he least expected would commit such crime. So... are you in?” The bartender didn’t utter a word. He just looked back at Leonard with pure disgust and hatred. He didn’t have leverage, he was defenceless at the moment.

“Silence means yes.”

Leonard finally lets go of his ‘friend’. He fixes his coat and turns his torso around, leaving a rather helpless friend of his behind. He stops right before the double doors of the bar and turns back to face the bartender once again. “Why, don’t just stand there. These filthy hands of mine are not going to wait for an eternity to get them on a matchstick and onto the neck of the man I so despise.

“Let’s go, Huh Gak. We’ve got a city to burn.”

 

 

 

 

 

Present Day
KIM’s RESIDENCE

Taeyeon still stared; eyes widened, at the yellowish sheets of paper that was lying on her hands. Tiffany, who was sitting beside her on the piano bench, waved a hand in front of her face. That’s when the werewolf shook her head and placed the stray sheets of paper back inside the old thick book Tiffany was carrying in earlier when she arrived at Taeyeon’s door early in the morning. At first her eyebrows furrowed upon taking in the sight of that book that looked centuries old; even older than Tiffany herself. But later on, as she opened it and started reading through it (with fair difficulty due to the exotic penmanship) curiosity sparked. She was still new to this supernatural word, so any enlightenment about creatures alike would be really helpful.

“Your uncle was the one responsible for burning Seoul down? In 1710?” Taeyeon asked, too fascinated about what she had learned today. Tiffany smiled at her girlfriend. A slow nod. “That was the first time Seoul collapsed into ashes.” Taeyeon lightly gasped; still overwhelmed by these information she had learned and was still learning. “He burned down the city just because he was avenging himself from the heartbreak he believed his best friend had caused him. It’s stupid and immature. But I guess he’s just an a**hole like that.” They both laugh at that. Then, Taeyeon re-opens the book and flips the pages until a name once again caught her eye, and stopped there.

“His best friend has the same name as my dad.” Taeyeon says and Tiffany didn’t know what to do. Taeyeon chuckles. “For some unfathomable reason, I feel weird.” The eye-smile queen nibbled her lower lip and looked away. She wanted to tell Taeyeon the truth as to why she suddenly wanted to have a family history chit-chat when she showed up with that book earlier, but she didn’t know how. ‘But Taeyeon had to know. It concerns her. All of her.’

So Tiffany took a deep breath. And Taeyeon swore she almost fell off the bench at Tiffany’s next words. “Your father was uncle Leonard’s best friend. He was the one uncle Leo have always blamed for his misery. Because your father loved the one woman he has truly loved for all of his life.” When Taeyeon remained unfazed, Tiffany decided to continue, “I’m not blaming your dad or anything but... I figured you had to know that... he was once friends with a devil.” It was up until that point that something clicked into the werewolf’s mind, and like that time she knew Tiffany was a vampire, she felt lost again. She looked at Tiffany in the eye. And as if she had Seohyun’s telepathic powers, Tiffany knew what Taeyeon was going to say. “My mom’s the object of affection...

“Oh... my... god...”

Tiffany almost laughed to herself when Taeyeon went through the whole thing again with eyes as wide as a deer’s (and slightly agape.) It was a cute sight... at least for Tiffany, that is. Taeyeon then looks back up at her girlfriend. “Is this why you brought this here? For me to know that my family was actually involved with some kind of lunatic? I mean, no offense but...”

“None taken. He wasn’t really a good uncle either.” Tiffany threw Taeyeon a sweet smile and Taeyeon found her heart thumping in her chest violently she had to place a hand above her chest to try and stop it if it was even possible. The vampire almost laughed at the gesture. Sometimes she thinks Taeyeon is too dorky to be a supernatural creature like them. But perhaps, it was destiny. “But wait. If my mom’s the object of affection, that means Leonard...” Taeyeon trailed as she finally sets down the thick book atop the piano. Again, Tiffany didn’t need her girlfriend to say it for her to know what she was going to say. Because even if she didn’t have telepathic powers or couldn’t speak in Taeyeon’s mind, they have this certain connection that no power could ever surpass.

Their love team worked like that.

The older of the two heaved a sigh. As if suddenly getting tired of all these family histories, Tiffany leans in and rests her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder; Taeyeon then rests hers on top of Tiffany’s. The two’s atmosphere suddenly became quiet after Taeyeon’s last sentence. Neither of them didn’t know how to continue on. Until Tiffany reached out and started to fondle with the piano keys with her right hand. She started playing ‘Fur Elise’ by Ludwig Van Beethoven---a piano piece Juhyun taught her when she was ten. Because young little vampire Juhyun started learning how to play the piano at the age of five.

“My uncle’s a bastard, I know. He doesn’t care about anyone else but himself. I guess that’s why his whole family turned against him when he went out of control; when he... began to slaughter innocent people. Maybe that’s the reason why our family chained him to hell.”

Taeyeon didn’t respond, instead she extended her left hand and started to play the lower notes of the piece. The two lovers play the piano together. Tiffany smiled contentedly. “So... I have a half-brother? Or a half-sister?” Taeyeon says after finishing the second half of the piece. It was so absurd---her having a half-brother or a half-sister from her biological mother and the man who ever so tried to kill her family and burned Seoul into ashes from about three centuries passed.

Their mini-piano concerto ended, and Tiffany slowly leaned away. She looked at Taeyeon, who, in return, looked back at her with her usually calm self. “Tae, whoever this person is, he or she cannot be trusted. Because this person isn’t just a typical hybrid. Whoever this person is, he or she is dangerous.” Tiffany paused for an air intake. “We need to find this person before he or she sets foot here and finds your family. Before this hybrid gets found by Leonard and compel him or her for his vengeance.” For the first time after she became a full-blown werewolf, Taeyeon felt terrified more than ever---for herself, for her family, for her friends. Because for the second time around, someone was out there, endangering their lives. “But Leonard’s dead. I shot him. I saw him vanish.” Or well, maybe she didn’t after all.

“That’s one of his many abilities---vanishing into thin air, making everyone think he’s gone for good, and leaving not even one trace of him for people to track him down. But Inguk did. He sensed him somewhere in Gangwon province two weeks ago. We all knew. And I was going to tell you right away, but we needed to make sure first.”

Taeyeon was sitting there like a statue by now, staring at her lover; horrified. Because three months ago she was so sure she had killed the man Boa summoned from hell. She was so sure that bullet had hit him, and he fell to the ground, on his knees. She was so sure he had evaporated into nothingness that day. What had gone wrong? Someone summoned him again? “No. No one summoned him. Because the creatures who are chained in hell can only be summoned once. If Leonard goes back to hell now, he’s there for good. Something must’ve went wrong when you shot him...” Tiffany answers Taeyeon’s unconsciously voiced out question.

“Because vampires like him don’t just die with a vampire gun.”

Never in her twenty-one years of living did Taeyeon ever felt terrified she wanted to dig her own grave and stay there until all of this is over. But she wasn’t a vampire, she wouldn’t last longer in a pile of earth than Yoona had. “He said here, he wouldn’t stop until my dad had suffered; until he had lost everything. And I’m a part of that ‘everything’. He’ll be coming for me. Especially when he knows that I tried to kill him three months ago.”

“He won’t,” Tiffany reassures her girlfriend and holds the latter’s hand in hers. “He won’t get to you; not when I get to him first. I won’t let him hurt you.” Of course, Tiffany wouldn’t let any maniac harm her love (even though Taeyeon had the upper hand in this relationship.) Because if it were her who was in danger, Taeyeon would waste no time saving her too. That’s what lovers do, right? Defend each other? “I know,” Taeyeon smiles, oh-so-sweet. “But I’m not really worried about myself. I’m worried about my family; I’m worried about you. Because if he intends to fulfil that oath he gave to himself, he’ll tear every single person that’s connected to my dad apart. Including you... because you’re connected to me. He knows how much you mean to me. And if he takes you away I swear I’m gonna---”

It was one of those days again where Taeyeon starts blabbering about something she shouldn’t even be blabbering so much about, and Tiffany growing impatient, and her pulling Taeyeon by the jaw to close the remaining gap between their lips---partly to shut up Taeyeon, and partly to just get to those luscious lips she’s been dying to kiss these past few days (because Taeyeon was suddenly busy catching up with reports on the family business she’s going to inherit once they graduate.) Taeyeon just sat there, motionless, eyes blinking multiple times. Honestly, she’s been too occupied lately she forgot how Tiffany tasted (strawberry.) It was overwhelming.

Feeling the situation a bit odd (because Taeyeon wasn’t responding to the kiss) Tiffany pulls away and knits her eyebrows together at the painted expression on Taeyeon’s face. But right when she opened to ask her girlfriend what was wrong, a hand shot up from between the two of them and pulled her rather aggressively by the neck. Taeyeon re-closed the gap between the two of them and this time, she kissed her girlfriend with much fervour compared with Tiffany’s first attempt. Tiffany smiled against Taeyeon’s lips and closed her eyes; Taeyeon did the same.

Tiffany then moved her hands and placed them behind Taeyeon’s neck, while the werewolf placed her hands on Tiffany’s hips. The kiss started slow but with more fiery passion than ever. Tiffany then threads her fingers through Taeyeon’s locks and proceeds to massage the latter’s scalp when their kiss gets a little more heated. Taeyeon groans (more like growls) from deep within when her girlfriend teases her by denying to open . Tiffany smirks and welcomes Taeyeon’s tongue inside her inviting mouth after a few more y growls from the latter. Heat started to pool down Tiffany’s nether regions when Taeyeon the roof of and slips a hand inside her shirt; playing with the hem of her bra, but she couldn’t care less.

She wanted Taeyeon. NOW.

“Hmm...” Taeyeon moans and bites down Tiffany’s lower lip as the vampire shifts her position and decides that the piano bench isn’t enough to increase that growing heat down there so she settles onto her girlfriend’s lap instead. Taeyeon wanted to say something about that bold move but Tiffany was busy ravaging with hot open-mouthed kisses she almost felt her head spinning. So she roams her hands around and about Tiffany’s perfectly sculpted body instead. “Take it off.” Tiffany mutters in between kisses, and for a moment, Taeyeon almost furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Then, it dawned to her, and this time, it was her turn to let out a smirk.

“As you wish.”

The werewolf then proceeds to the older girl’s shirt; painstakingly slow, as the vampire girl nibbles on the skin of her jaw. The last button on Tiffany’s shirt almost flew off as Taeyeon finally hurries on taking off that cotton fabric barrier between her and Tiffany’s porcelain skin. It was then tossed off carelessly on top of the piano, leaving Tiffany’s upper body only cladded in that black lace lingerie Juhyun bought for her last year for her hundred twenty-seventh birthday. She gotta thank her maknae later for that.

A sharp hiss suddenly escaped from Tiffany’s mouth. “, Taetae. F...” She hadn’t got the chance to continue further as Taeyeon kept on and and biting on the exposed skin could get on that would surely leave a mark Taeyeon could go back to anytime she wants. “Take me now. I don’t think I can hold it much longer.” Taeyeon chuckles against Tiffany’s throat, her breath sending Tiffany almost over the edge. She felt so cold but so hot at the same time. “I am taking you now, my love~” Taeyeon murmurs on Tiffany’s collarbone as she runs an index finger down her girlfriend’s spine.

The eye-smile queen groans in frustration---ual frustration. Because she knows that Taeyeon knows she badly needed it right now and yet, here she was, teasing her and frustrating her even more. This was one of those very rare occasions where she wants to curse at Taeyeon for being such a tease. But then again, deep inside, she liked the feeling.

“God, Taeyeon, get to it already or I swear I’m gonna---” Tiffany was cut short when that wicked tongue she thought Taeyeon wouldn’t have had outlined her collarbone and down to the valley between her s. Taeyeon pulled away after that and looked at her lover in those golden orbs staring down at her like a hungry wolf. It was quite the irony, she was the wolf. Then, the younger of the two grinned and the next thing Tiffany saw was Taeyeon reaching behind her and roughly pulling off her bra and tossing it somewhere in the living room (she’d have to find it later before Yuri does or else...)

Taeyeon leans back down onto Tiffany’s chest, leaving Tiffany cursing and mewling in several different languages that if it weren’t for them making out, Taeyeon would’ve laughed her off. Tiffany tugs a little roughly at Taeyeon’s hair as she pulls her deeper into her; her eyes rolling back to their whites as she throws her head back in pleasure. In all of her life she have never done something so... (she couldn’t put it in any way because she feels so high right now) like this she nearly didn’t recognize herself. Kim ing Taeyeon is the one to blame, she always thought to herself whenever Taeyeon’s being too y and alluring and whatnot.

Unbeknownst to the two too engrossed in their morning activity, the door to the house swung open, revealing a very sweaty Yuri holding a huge plastic bag of groceries on her right hand. Because since they didn’t have classes today, she decided to take a jog along the neighbourhood (and buy groceries after because they’ve just ran out of canned goods and ice cream. And that wasn’t good news on a day off.) “Hey Taeng, what flavour were you craving for again?” Her eyes were blown wide the moment she caught sight of that Rated X scene happening by the grand piano---HER grand piano. “I guess it was strawberry?”

Finally taking note of another voice by the door, the two panicked and pulled apart, and Tiffany disappeared in the blink of an eye. Taeyeon slid down the piano bench and hid her face behind her hands. Her face literally like the colour of a tomato by now. Of all the people catching her in action, it had to be Yuri---Yuri who would most probably scold her for violating one of her priced possessions. On the other side, Tiffany hid herself behind the draperies on the window just behind the piano. She, too, was so embarrassed she wanted to just evaporate or run away. But that was gonna be a problem. Because as of this very second, she was still topless.

It took about ten more seconds before Yuri got back to her senses and shook her head. She closed the door behind her and started glaring at Taeyeon’s slowly emerging head from under the piano. “Every. Single. Time, Taeng! There’s plenty of rooms inside this house and you decide to make out on the piano---MY piano! What the eff, Tae?! Eww!” She pretended to puke. Because TaeNy did just almost had on her piano for the third time (the first time was when she and Jessica went out to get patbingsoo and found Tiffany lying on top of the piano with Taeyeon on top of her doing God knows what when they came back. The second time was when they were busy in the kitchen and all they were hearing were those unidentified notes and a lot of .) And Yuri doesn't know if there were a dozen more times she doesn't know about.

When Yuri walked away towards the kitchen, Taeyeon stood up and signalled Tiffany, who was peeking behind the drapes, to get dressed. But even before Taeyeon could take a step, Tiffany spun her around and placed one last kiss on her lips; not forgetting to bite her lower lip as she pulls away. Taeyeon smacks Tiffany’s buttocks before turning around once again.

Taeyeon met her best friend in the kitchen.

“Hey---“

SMACK!

“Ow!” Taeyeon covered her head with her two hands right after Yuri had smacked her head with a frying pan. The tanned girl glares at her best friend one last time before setting the pan down onto the electric stove.

“How many times do I have to tell you to not---I repeat---NOT have on the grand piano?! Gosh, Tae, you and your depraved mind! Seriously?! On my piano?! What the actual ?! From which website did you watch that?!”

Taeyeon let out a -eating grin. “Do you really wanna know?” She says while wiggling her eyebrows. The next thing she saw was Yuri grabbing another frying pan from one of the kitchen cabinets and Yuri hitting her on the forehead with it. Again. Taeyeon now held her reddening forehead. “Ow! Yah! It’s not like you and Sica didn’t do it on top of Juhyun’s piano.” Yuri was about to hit her again when Tiffany barged in and opened the fridge. The vampire girl looked back at Yuri while getting herself a glass. “Yuri, stop bullying Taetae just because she caught you and Jessi that one time inside the mansion’s music room, and on top of Juhyun’s white grand piano.”

Yuri threw the frying pan she was still holding towards Tiffany with great force. But of course, Tiffany caught it swiftly with one hand. She was a vampire, she could catch anything and just about EVERYTHING even with her eyes closed. Yuri shot her a glare before resuming her cooking sessions in the kitchen. “At least for us, it was just making out. Because by the looks of what my innocent eyes caught on earlier, you two were standing in between that thin line called making out and having .” Yuri argued, still. Though, it was true, because what she and Sica only did was kiss (with languid of tongue) and bite each other fully clothed. They haven’t got that much far than what Taeyeon and Tiffany were doing earlier.

Both Taeyeon and Yuri were startled at another voice coming into the kitchen after that ten second silence between the three of them.

“Miyoung, why is your shirt lying on top of the piano?” Turns out, it was Jessica. The brunette entered the scene with a plastic bag filled with some more grocery items. She looked at her sister from head to toe---completely aware of the fact that her sister is standing there, half , while Taeyeon was trying so hard to hide her flushed face behind a newspaper. “Why are you only in your bra?”

Tiffany kept her cool and shrugged her shoulders. She placed the glass down onto the sink and put the pitcher back inside the refrigerator. “It’s hot in here.” She says while fanning herself to emphasize her point. Jessica cocked an eyebrow. Her head immediately snapped towards Taeyeon’s direction. Tiffany’s girlfriend was still stuck on the same page. “Oh yeah. I can see that.” Jessica then rolls her eyes. She decided to help Yuri on making breakfast instead. But just as when Taeyeon started sighing in relief and slowly folded the newspaper, the youngest sister of the Jungs intervened the scene just in time. Phew! Where was Yoona when you need her?

“Hey unnie, why is there a shirt lying on the...” Juhyun quickly caught her second eldest sister, who was now sitting beside Taeyeon, on a bar stool, clad only in shorts and bra. That black lacy bra she bought her last year. “Oh my god... why do my siblings have this weird on getting intimate on a grand piano?! First, mine, and now, Yuri’s?! Does doing it on a piano stimulates you that much?! What the actual---“

“Don’t try and say the ‘F’ word, Juhyun.” Jessica warned.

“I wasn’t going to.” Seohyun chuckled.

Then, Yuri remembered something. “Where’s Yoona?” The four of them averted their eyes and onto Seohyun---who was still standing by the kitchen’s entrance. Seohyun jokingly looked behind her as if Yoona was standing there. Then, a giggle. “She’s probably still sitting by the porch. I’ll go get her.” The youngest Jung didn’t wait for a response and scurried off to the front porch. But just a few seconds later, she came back; holding Tiffany’s shirt on her hand. She tossed the fabric to her sister. “And unnie, get dressed. Taeyeon’s drooling beside you.” And she was off again. The three girls left in the kitchen laughed in harmony as Taeyeon continued to blush; bright pink.

Back outside, Seohyun found her doe-eyed girlfriend indeed sitting by the front porch, lazily drawing abstract shapes on the wooden floor with her forefinger. “Hey,” Juhyun called out, and Yoona turned to her and flashed a dorky smile. “Hey back.” She responded. Seohyun crouched down and sat beside the new born; legs crossed beneath her. “What are you doing out here? The others are expecting you. Especially Yuri. You two haven’t talked in days.” The smile on Yoona’s face slowly dropped. Because it was true---that she and Yuri haven’t talked to each other that much ever since she became a vampire, especially at times when she was blood thirsty. There was even one incident when Yuri accidentally cut herself with a cutter while making their Science project and Taeyeon had to shapeshift into a wolf just so she wouldn’t kill her own best friend. It was frustrating her as the days go by. And she knew Yuri was getting more and more frustrated too.

“I’m hungry.” Yoona admitted; slowly looking up at her girlfriend with a pout on her lips. Juhyun immediately grasped onto the message. She had an idea. “Come.” Yoona was quite taken aback. “Hyunnie, I said I’m hungry, and Yuri unnie is---“ “I know. But... Jung Sooyeon training 101: Control your blood-thirst.” Yoona swore her eyes were so wide they were so close to popping out of their sockets and rolling far far away from here. “Babe, are you seriously dragging vampire training into this?! You’re not thinking what I think you’re thinking, right?” Seohyun rolled her eyes and stood up. She reached out a hand for Yoona to grab hold of. “Enough complaining. Just trust me.”

“I trust you but... UGH!” Yoona obeyed nonetheless. Because no matter what Seohyun does, she just couldn’t find an acceptable reason to say ‘no’. “I’m not liking that smug look on your face.”

Juhyun was suppressing a grin when they walked back inside the house. From there, they found the group now huddled by the dining table. Seohyun didn’t waste any more time and got straight to the point. The words she sputter out next got Yuri nearly fainting. “Yul, can I ask you a favour?” “Sure. What is it?” Everyone’s attention were now on Seohyun’s; especially Jessica’s, since it was a seldom occurence Seohyun ever asked anything from Yuri or even Taeyeon. The maknae took a deep breath. “Can you be Yoona’s temporary... human vassal?”

Yuri blinked several times (eyeing the people in the room in the process.) Then, her eyes landed on Seohyun. “Human what?”

Yoona heaved a sigh on the sides, still holding onto Seohyun’s hand. “Human vassal---blood donor. Seriously unnie, why do you not read novels?” By then, Yuri ought to smack her dongsaeng’s head with a placemat. Yoona winced. Seohyun continues, “Irene’s out of town for a couple of days and... I was thinking if you could be her human vassal just for today? I promise I’ll find someone else by tomorrow.”

Right, Irene---Nicole’s hybrid sister that’s part human, part vampire; a characteristic that makes her capable of feeding new born vampires her own blood without her getting weak. She and Yoona had been meeting daily for those feeding sessions, but now that she was out of town, Yoona needed a new person to supply her system with fresh blood. Because new born vampires are supposed to feed on fresh human blood until their bodies have restored into its normal vampire state. Even if she wanted to drink stored blood just to not cause her girlfriend any more trouble of finding her a new vassal, she can’t, it would make her weak.

“Please?” Seohyun insisted. As of now, Yuri was their only hope.

Yuri and Jessica shared a ten-second look until Jessica pulled away first and whipped her head towards her sister’s direction. “Juhyun, I’ll find Yoona someone else.”

“No. I’ll do it.”

It’s as if time has stopped the moment those words fell out of their mundane friend’s mouth. No one uttered a single word or letter for straight ten seconds.

“Unnie... you don’t have to do it if you don’t want.”

Yuri smiled at her best friend. It was indeed a long time since she and Yoona have had  an actual conversation that doesn’t include just a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’, but actual sentences. Somehow, she felt relieved that despite Yoona’s new nature, that didn’t got in the way of their friendship.

“Hey, you’re my best friend. And you’ve always been there for me when I needed you. So what kind of a friend am I going to be if I wouldn’t be there for you when you need me, right?”

Yoona sniffed; pretending to cry. Though, she was really touched by her unnie’s words. Because in all actuality, Yuri wasn’t really good with words. “So...” The tanned girl started again. “Do we do it now or...” “No. You need to eat first.” Seohyun then explains the whole details and process of feeding a vampire before they all sat down and have breakfast (At that point, Yoona walked back to the living room and stayed there until the other girls were done.) Sometimes Yoona couldn’t help but think that being a new born vampire actually compared with the ones written on the books she read. Were Bella and Elena like this too?

Yuri took a deep breath. Being a human vassal wasn’t really appealing, you know? Sure, back then she always thought what was it like being a vampire, an angel, a werewolf? What was it like casting spells and riding in broomsticks? What was it like encountering a fallen angel that lives right underneath at an amusement park? What was it like living in the books Yoona often reads? For over ten years they’ve been friends, Yuri would’ve never thought this day would come where Yoona was actually a vampire and she would be the one offering the latter her blood. It was wicked... in a good way, she guessed. “So... you ready?” Yoona chuckles. “I should be the one asking you that.” The tanned girl laughs nervously and flips her wrist. “I would say no, but let’s get this over with.”

Truth to be told, Yoona was nervous as well; like the first time she had ever latched her fangs onto human flesh (though, Irene wasn’t a hundred percent human but you get the point) and she almost vomit at the idea of her people’s blood. But this time, it isn’t just some random person she barely knew, this was Yuri they were talking about---freaking Yuri, her unnie that she misses the most right now, who was standing in front of her, inclined to be her blood donor.

The doe-eyed vamp took Yuri’s hand in hers and positioned herself. Yuri held her breath in anxiousness. She totally had no idea what it would feel like---a vampire’s fangs buried deep into her skin.

“Wait. Isn’t it supposed to be on the neck?” Taeyeon asked out of nowhere.

“No. We only bite on the neck if we’re turning someone. But if it’s feeding, then it’s on the wrist.” Jessica explained, eyes not leaving Yuri’s even for just a second. This will be Yuri’s first time being bitten while completely conscious (because she doesn’t remember her absolute first time that was when she was poisoned and Jessica bit her. So that doesn’t count.) “Oh.” Was the only word that came out of Taeyeon’s mouth. Then, Tiffany says something that made Jessica knock her head. “Either that or Jessi just don’t like the idea of someone else ravaging her girlfriend’s neck.” The group exploded into fits of laughter, even Yuri herself.

“You are so dead when we get home.”

And that was the last sentence before Seohyun beckoned Yoona to do what she have to do. Yoona looked at Yuri one last time, waiting for a signal (that actually came after Yuri had shut her eyes tight.) “Go.” Yuri tells her the same time her fangs slid out from its sockets.

---

NOTE: Thank you for the support, guys~!---for the subs, comments, and upvotes, THANK YOU~! I LOVE YA'LL <3

Until my next update, guys~ Teehee~ XD

PSS. If anyone has any more questions, feel free to comment or PM me ;)