Team Jessica

The Unloved: The Unwanted Series

Author's Note: Just a reminder that this chap contains a teensy bit of the OTP's (and is still a little short) I'm still getting back on track so forgive me XD

Anyways thanks for the loyal and new subbies! LOVE YA'LL <3

---

 

 

 

 

"Yoona, harder." Tiffany's authoritative voice resonated inside the gym. The latter and her sister's girlfriend have been training together ever since six in the morning. And Juhyun was out in the streets with Sooyoung, finding recruits. Jessica and the others were out as well. They were the only ones (along with some maids and butlers) left within the mansion. And Tiffany wasn't giving Yoona a break.

 

'At least Hyunnie lets me rest for at least ten minutes.'

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes seeing the exasperated look on the doe-eyed girl's face. Even though she couldn't read minds, she knew what Yoona was thinking. "This is why you're reckless, Yoona; Juhyun spoils you too much." Yoona just sticks out her tongue at the older girl who pretended to hit her with the boxing mitts. The younger girl almost cowered. Where was Seohyun when you needed her? But as if Seohyun heard her from miles and miles away, a phone rang from the benches. The two vampires raced for the gadget that to Tiffany's dismay, Yoona got first.

 

"Hyunnie!" It took a smirk on Miyoung's lips that Yoona didn't see, before the new-born went flying across the gym. "Okay! Your challenge for today is try and get this from me and I'll let you off." Yoona's face lights up by the word "off". "But if you fail to do so in ten minutes, I'll think of a punishment."

 

Soon enough, Tiffany's phone was in Yoona's grasp again. Unfortunately, it lasted for a nano second. The new-born groans and pulls herself up. She runs for her girlfriend's sister across the room---waving the phone in her hand like it was some prize. (It was, for Yoona.) But as soon as she reached the treadmills, Tiffany was gone. Yoona felt her frustration climbing up. Again, where was Seohyun when you needed her?

 

Yoona successfully grabs the hood of Tiffany's cotton jacket and sends the hundred-year-old vampire catapulting out the double doors; the phone flying off somewhere. (Seohyun could only laugh on the other line.) A hard kick on the chest, and Yoona met with the familiar white wall. 'I think I need to get used to this.' She says to herself. She's going to be meeting the gym walls for as long as the Jungs' training goes...

 

Tiffany dusts herself off and waves the phone in her hand for the second time (with that devilish smirk still plastered on her face.) "Give up? I mean, if you're going to marry my sister, might as well be worthy."

 

Yoona admits, she was taken aback. "So if I pass this test... I can marry Seohyun?"

 

"What, you're gonna marry her now?"

 

A smug look. A very smug look. "Well..." And another hard blow from Tiffany Jung. The older of the two laughed out loud. "You still have five more minutes." Yoona takes in a deep breath. She flexes her muscles and opens and closes her eyes. Then, her fangs slither out from its sockets.

 

Tiffany's smirk got wider. She slips her phone on the pocket of her jogger pants as her eyes turn from a dark brown to a golden colour. Her fangs show up as well.

 

'It's going down for real.'

 

 

 

 

Seohyun and Sooyoung

 

The young vampire momentarily shuts off her phone as soon as more grunts sounded on the other line. She wasn't worried though. She knows her sister wouldn't give her girlfriend such a hard time. Of course, then it would be her the latter would be going "against". Sooyoung laughs at her best friend's thoughts. "You seriously going against Miyoung?" By this point, Seohyun was the one laughing. She weakly pushes Sooyoung by the shoulder.

 

"It depends on unnie's mood." Seohyun tells her guardian. "I wouldn't risk my life if she looks like a volcano ready to erupt."

 

Sooyoung nods in agreement and doesn't forget to add "But you can always use Taeyeon to calm her down. If you know what I mean." Seohyun laughs again.

 

They were now in Incheon; still in the midst of recruiting immortals and informing the small downworlder communities of the information Harry sent them about twelve hours ago. As Seohyun had said, they needed more people. Because this new obstacle was something else the moment it began, and they knew right then, it wouldn't be solved with just the twelve of them. The Jungs are the high vampires of Seoul, yes, but their power and influence has its limits.

 

"A hundred and twenty six years of living, a thousand years worth of enemies..."

 

Seohyun smiles sadly. "Being a granddaughter of the world's most renowned vampire has its perks." And yes it does. But for so long, the three of them had to deal with it themselves; without anyone to rely on, without asking for anyone's hand. But that's only until Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny came, that everything seemed to be a little bit easier. "That's why I said 'thank you' when you fell! Don't you remember?" Sooyoung grins. "How could I forget?"

 

Of course, Sooyoung wouldn't ever forget. It was the exact first time she ever felt 'love' from the young vampire.

 

DING DONG.

 

The door creaks open.

 

"Ahn Jaehyun."

 

The addressed man sighs in relief.

 

The vampire looked twenty-five in human age; he was tall, he had ocean-blue eyes, a short blonde hair, and he had an average built. He opens the door wide. "Why do you sound like you're arresting me?" It was meant as a joke. But Ahn Jaehyun at jokes. "Can we come in?" Seohyun asks, and the other vampire chances a quick glance towards Sooyoung's direction before beckoning the two immortals inside his peaceful abode.

 

Sooyoung couldn't wipe the confused look on her face. She asks Seohyun as soon as the door behind them closes. "He's a vampire but he has blue eyes? Like mine? I haven't met a vampire with blue eyes. Until now..."

 

The two sat down at the leather sofa as Jaehyun gestured to get his wife upstairs. Then, Seohyun turns to Sooyoung. "He's a hybrid." She says. "He's half angel, half vampire." To which, confused Sooyoung even more. She hasn't heard of such combination in her life as a fallen angel. "How did that happen? Is he a---"

 

"No. He's not a fallen angel. So as his parents. His parents were witches." Seohyun pauses. But the astonished and interested look on Sooyoung's face made her continue her little story. "They made him a vampire through spells and potions. And then he died when he was twenty-five, and was resurrected by a group of archangels who found him buried a thousand feet underground. They fed him their angel blood then, poof! That's why he can hold the holy objects without his hands being burned; and he can get inside churches."

 

"But why? I mean, Father---God wouldn't do that, it's unlikely that he'd get involved with the downworlders, especially vampires."

 

"He had a pure heart." A woman descending from the staircase announces along with her husband and son. Seohyun stands up quick. "Unnie." The woman smiles. She too looked the age of mid-twenties; average at height, golden brown orbs, and a beauty to die for.

 

"Long time no see, Juhyun." Seohyun smiles cheekily and introduces the other immortal in the room. "Unnie, this is Sooyoung, my guardian. She's a fallen angel." A ninety-degree bow. "Hello. Nice to meet you." A very formal handshake; at this, Hyesun laughs. "No need to get to formal, Sooyoung-ssi. It was nice to meet you too."

 

Sooyoung blushes. And they all sit down and talk.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Sunny

 

And while the others were in the outskirts of Seoul, the two girls (in Tiffany's life) decided to take it as far as Busan since they both know how many downworlders resides there. And Sunny was driving. So Taeyeon clears to start a conversation. She and Sunny weren't awkward anymore unlike before. It's just that... they both get shy around each other sometimes. "Hey Sunny, have you finished our Math project?"

 

A snicker. "No. Why would you ask me that when we're in the middle of finding and recruiting people to be on our side?" A shameless laugh comes out of Taeyeon's mouth. "Sorry, I actually didn't know how to start a proper conversation." The wolf girl says. To which Sunny retorts with "I thought we weren't awkward anymore?" And made Taeyeon think for a while. Because the topic she wants to talk about might make them awkward again.

 

Sunny reaches out towards Taeyeon's lap and fishes out two gummy worms from the pack Taeyeon was holding. "If you wanna ask about Tiffany, it's fine. I mean, you've been asking me about her for the past year, why would you get hesitant now?" The younger of the two smiled at the memory. She realized how shameless she was back then for asking too much about Jung Miyoung.

 

"Are you two good?" Taeyeon starts.

 

Sunny shoots a glance at the other girl. "Yes. Why would you think we're not?"

 

Taeyeon fishes out more gummy worms and cuts them in half with her own teeth. "I just thought... she seemed bothered the last time we talked about the topic. She's worried about you."

 

"Worried? About me?" 'Why would she be worried about me?'

 

"She thinks you finally found somebody you liked. And she's worried that if you ever get together, Fany's going to become the third wheel; something like that." Sunny almost scoffed at Taeyeon's revelations.  Because the last time she checked, she was the one worried about being the third wheel in Taeyeon and Tiffany's relationship. 'How ironic.' "Is this about her reincarnation?"

 

The fallen angel decides to pull off the road and into a nearby gasoline station with foodchains in it. They haven't had lunch yet and it's already two-thirty in the afternoon. She could almost hear her own stomach swear at her. Taeyeon gets off first and stretches. It's been a long drive. She faces Sunny as soon as the latter got out. "Now that you've mentioned it... yes, I think her reincarnation had something to do with this."

 

Sunny shakes her head in disbelief. She couldn't believe Tiffany was jealous over someone she haven't even met yet.

 

'Wait. Tiffany's jealous?'

 

The angel's eyes almost popped out from its sockets at the realization.

 

'No. It can't be. It's just me and my stupid self imagining.'

 

The soon the thought came, the sooner it vanished. Because Lee Soonkyu wouldn't get her hopes up again. Not this time. (She sincerely hoped.)

 

 

 

 

Jessica and Hyoyeon and Yuri (+ the others)

 

Hyoyeon reversed the Porsche Cayenne into Taeyeon's garage with Yuri guiding at the rear. The tanned girl just came back from school, along with Tiffany and Yoona since the three of them were what's left of Team Jessica ever since the rest of the group departed at six o'clock in the morning, sharp. And Yuri admits, it was a tough day to begin with...

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

 

The "trio" of the day went sluggishly inside the university as another semester starts. (At least YoonYul were the only ones who were close to dying since their loved ones weren't present at the moment.) Tiffany wasn't in the mood as well, but she kept her composure. She pats the two loudly on their backs. "Guys! Come on! It's not the end of the world just because Hyunnie and Jessi aren't here!" The two almost winced at the Jung's megaphone-like voice. Yoona glares at her "future sister-in-law". "Unnie, aren't you sad Taeyeon unnie's not here?" Yuri seconds a "Yeah". And Tiffany rolls her eyes.

 

"Of course I'm a bit sad there's just three of us here, but that doesn't mean I have to be down all day. Guys, they're just gone for today, not for eternity."

 

"But---"

 

"Zip it, you two. Come on, we're gonna be late for class." But even before Tiffany could turn around and lead her two zombie-like friends, Yoona's stomach seemingly growled that eventually made the three of them halt on their steps.

 

Yoona looks at Tiffany with puppy eyes. (She was pouting too, but her face mask kept it hidden.) Tiffany looks at Yoona, slightly agape, and carefully turns to Yuri---who had her widened almost as large as a golf ball. Then, Yoona gulps and turns to her beloved unnie. The three of them exchanged meaningful gazes one more time before Tiffany finally finds her voice. "You're... hungry." A supposed question that came out as a statement instead. The only human in the trio turns to leave. Unfortunately, Tiffany caught her by the hem of her blazer.

 

Yuri sighs and turns to her dear dongsaeng. "Yoong, I know I said before that whenever you need me, I'll be here for you, and I mean it because you've always been here for me. But Yoona... Seohyun and Jessica aren't here, who's going to protect me just in case things go... you know..." And her heart almost breaks at the disappointed look painted on Yoona's face. Oh how she wished she was like Irene---Yoona's half human, half vampire blood donor.

 

And as much as Tiffany wanted to tell Yuri that she's there and she'll protect the latter, she knows very damn well she wouldn't be able to equal her own strength to Yoona's. The Jungs ARE strong, but Yoona's still a new born so...

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

Jessica still had that horrified look plastered on her face, even when Hyoyeon already closed the car door and threw the half empty bottle of Coke straight onto her head.

 

Hyoyeon turns to look at the object of interest when her vampire bff didn't even budge. It was her turn to widen her eyes. "What happened to you?"

 

Yuri lets out an exhausted sigh and pulls the two immortals into the house. She tapes the gauze pad back on her left wrist. "As I've told Sica... Yoona got hungry earlier before we went to class, I was the only human within the three of us, and if you put two and two, you'll finally get the whole story." Jessica starts to feel her blood pressure rise and Hyoyeon looks at her, trying to map out her thoughts. "She bit you?" And there it goes.

 

Yuri tried to look for an answer---anything that could protect Yoona from her girlfriend's rage---but instead, the main door of the house burst open; revealing Jessica's maknae and her other dongsaeng. "Yuri, I need to talk---" Seohyun stopped on her tracks as her unnie was shooting daggers at her and Tiffany. Miyoung gulps in nervousness behind Seohyun. Because it wasn't just any glare, it was the Jessica Jung glare. Juhyun could only mutter an "oh ". Then, Sooyoung scampers down the street and back to the Jung's mansion to at least be Yoona's protection.

 

And just as Seohyun thought her sister would make a run for her new-born girlfriend, Jessica does make a run for it. Fortunately for her, she and Sunny had fast reflexes and catches the other vampire before she could manage to break out the door.

 

"Sica, calm down." Sunny says.

 

"Unnie, stop overreacting!"

 

Jessica turns to her sister. "Juhyun! Your girlfriend just literally the blood out of my Yuri and you're telling me I'm overreacting? Did you forget what happened yesterday? Yoona almost killed her!" Juhyun tried to keep her eyes from rolling. "Unnie, I get it. I already scolded Yoongie about it, so sit your down and recollect yourself."

 

"Sica, Hyun's right. Calm down. I'm perfectly fine!" Yuri adds, and Jessica heaves a breath.

 

"Jessi." Tiffany calls out. "It's my fault, okay? I let Yoona feed on Yuri because I wasn't thinking. Don't blame Yoona too much. She's still learning." The eye-smile queen tried her best not to laugh her off at the defeated look Jessica had. Because she knew that no matter what happened, Jessica loves the two of them the most in the world.

 

"Come here." Seohyun turns her sister's body around so she could hug her. Then, she gives Miyoung a loud high-five. Sunny, Yuri, and Hyoyeon could only shake their heads at the scene.

 

Of course, the Jungs' bond are the best.