Prologue

The Unloved: The Unwanted Series

NOTE: Nothing much. But at least I get to do what I promised? Hehe...

But you know, I wouldn't put this here if this got nothing to do with the plot of the story so... *whistling*

Haha but anyways, thank for all the support even if the first official chap isn't up yet ^^ That's why I love you guys. You're all the best! <3

So, until my next update yeah? XD
PS. Basically, there are names below you ought to be familiar about... I guess? lol

 

---

Seoul, South Korea
September 10, 1706

A man, about twenty years of age. Black, long, wavy hair that reaches almost up to his shoulders. Wearing a black leather trench coat, grey trousers, and white polo shirt that had mud stains all over, entered the abandoned building that was used for the town’s council meetings while the city hall gets renovated.

It was a five-storey building made of solid bricks. Windows out front were of impressive glue-chipped glass, and if it weren’t for the bombing of the said town that had happened about twenty years ago, the windows and the huge double doors wouldn’t be shattered, destroyed into pieces; almost leaving the whole building bare and useless. There was a small driveway, and on the middle stood a sculpture of an angel in complete armoury (a bow and arrow) with the tip of its arrow pointed towards the other side of the gates. Its wings that was once almost as wide as the width of the building, were cracked and broken.

Back then, the place wasn’t just any building. It wasn’t just any household. It was where the Royal Family resided for decades until the war occur and they fled to a different town that the people who survived didn’t know of. Even the family’s closest friends and relatives didn’t knew. It is like they just vanished into thin air.

“My apologies for thy tardiness. I have got business I shalt attend to before thee.” The man bows on a ninety-degree angle to each and everyone inside the room that used to serve as the ballroom. The once ‘house of gold’ now had several cracks on the wall, stripped wallpapers, ceilings dangling free, chandeliers shattered on the floor, and broken water pipes showering the corner of the said room. “We accept, Leonard. Please, have a sit.” Leonard complies and takes a sit beside his fellow council members.

They’ve discussed a lot of things. Things like how they could manage to bring back the town in its natural state before the historical bombing 1686. And some other bunch that strictly revolves around the wellness of the town. But in the midst of that, Leonard wasn’t really paying attention to what the head of their council was saying. All this time, he had his eyes on the couple sitting right across the room; of him, holding hands, fingers interlaced with each other, and were both smiling together as they listen to the council discussion.

It boiled Leonard's blood. The sight angered him to no end. He was supposed to be in that man’s position right now---holding his girl close to him while whispering sweet nothings to her ear. He loved her first. He had her first. But why was he the one left out? Why was he the miserable one? He kept asking that to himself ever since that night why despite all the things he did for her, she still chose him? The three of them were once best friends. And he liked her first. She even said that she liked him too. But when he came into the picture, everything just went downhill. So here he was now---broken, defeated, miserable.

Just as when Leonard couldn’t take it anymore and stood up, the council meeting ended and everyone stood from their seats as well; making his abrupt motion nothing out of the ordinary. All the while he kept his eyes trained on her, and she wasn’t even looking back.

“Alright. I hope everyone participates on the upcoming projects. We shalt bring thee town back to its natural state.” Their council leader stated once more. The people inside the room nod their heads in unison as some of them started heading outside. Some were still talking to their council leader. Leonard was the first one to make it outside the building and into the misty driveway. His both hands were balled into tight fists; his knuckles were turning white. He didn’t wanna do what he was planning to at first hand, but the scene inside the council meeting he witnessed drove him right off the edge.

So he waited for them.

He waited for her.

After a few minutes of waiting there in the cold night, she finally came out of the doors with her man. Leonard’s blood boiled once again at the awful sight. She saw him. And they stared at each other eye to eye, sending messages only the two of them could read. Then, the next thing was her kissing the other guy on his lips before they parted ways. That was the cue, Leonard thought, so he walked ahead until he reached his owned carriage and waited for her there.

Few seconds more have passed before the door to the carriage finally opened, revealing a milky-white skinned girl wearing a silver Victorian dress with matching silver ankle-high boots. When the door closed, that’s when everything began.

“What do you want?” The girl asks him. And at the first few seconds, Leonard sat there, speechless. He felt like his heart was pounding hard against he’s chest like it was still functioning, and he was feeling sweat trickle down his forehead like any human being. This seemed to be harder than he expected it to be. “I just wanted to talk to you alone.” The girl finally looked at him, but her hazel eyes were now saying a different thing than the usual sweet, loving, and caring gazes she used to send his way. “Leonard, I do not have the time for this.” She placed her right hand atop the door handle and was about to step outside but Leonard caught her arm even before she had a chance to.

“No!” Leonard yelled. “You will have time for me, and I will make you!” He grabbed her two hands and pinned them above her head. The next thing was Leonard bending his head down and started planting rough kisses on the girl’s neck. The girl tried to pry him off, but of course, he was a lot stronger than anyone she knew would be. Even stronger than her husband. “STOP!” The girl cries, but all of it fell on deaf ears. Leonard continued his ministrations on the girl’s neck, then, on her collarbone. and biting hard on the area. Leonard was already ping the girl’s dress when the door to the carriage was opened roughly; almost sending the girl falling off onto the ground.

“You bastard!” The girl’s husband immediately stepped in and helped his wife get off from the carriage and away from his once best friend. Two hands gripping him by the collar was the next thing Leonard saw. Then, a fist landing hard on his face. Leonard doubled-over while gripping his jaw. He snickered. “How could you do this to me?! I thought you were my friend?!” The man yelled at his ‘friend’ as he haul him up again. “What do you think you are doing?!”

Leonard kept the menacing look on his face as he stares down at the man in front of him. He laughed hard this time. He glanced behind the man---at the girl standing terrified behind her husband. “What am I doing? Hah! You should ask your lovely wife about that matter.” Another hard punch across his face. “What are you saying??”

“Tell him.” Leonard directed the question to the girl. “Tell him how you said you loved me that night, and how you screamed my name!” The girl’s husband kneed Leonard on his guts and punched him several times across the face and on the abdomen until he collapses down on the asphalted driveway. “Stop telling me filthy lies, Leonard! I have had enough of your games!” A kick in the ribs. Leonard clutched on his stomach and spitted some blood. That was the time the girl knew her husband was going too far and that this should stop. She ran to him and embraced him from behind.

Taehwan! Taehwan, stop!”

But it only fuelled the fire burning inside Leonard more. He stood back on his feet and landed a hard blow on Taehwan’s face, sending the man's wife backing away in an instant. Taehwan retaliated with another blow. He then clamped his hands around Leonard’s neck and backed him until he was trudged against the angel sculpture.

“What did you do to my wife?!” Taehwan yelled on the man he used to label as his friend. The man who used to train with him; who used to attend the academy with him, and tell him to fight no matter how hard the situation may be. He thought him to be a fighter. Taehwan wonders what went wrong with that friendship.

The moment Leonard’s mouth opens and says the word between ‘my’ and ‘child’, everything fell apart. Everything stopped as Taehwan was gripping Leonard’s neck impossibly tighter than before. “What?”

“Your wife... is bearing... my child...” Leonard laugh once more; completely forgetting the fact that Taehwan was choking him to death right now.

“That’s my child. It's mine!”

Was the last thing Taehwan and his wife ever heard from Leonard before Taehwan reached behind his back and gripped on the frame of his gun. He didn’t wanted to do this, especially to the person he’d trusted once. To be honest, he knew what Leonard was talking about completely. He knew that what he was telling him right now was accurate---that something happened between him and his wife about a month ago and he acted like nothing was wrong. Because he loves his wife, and he was more than willing to bury it in the past and accept the child like his own only if his wife promises to never come in contact with Leonard ever again. This incident only triggered the anger and betrayal he felt the past weeks and that driven him to killing his former best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

“Go to hell.”

The sound of a gun firing was the only thing heard that night, and then, a scream.