Chapter Nine

Unexpected Love

“I’m freaking hate that NAM WOOHYUN!”

Sungyeol startled at the scream, balancing his cup and dropped his glasses on the floor while his book flew across the couch. He was enjoying his quiet alone time reading his favorite book with a cup of coffee in his hand and when he was about to to the next page, suddenly Sungjong abruptly burst into his apartment without even knocked or greeted him.

“Yah! What’s your problem?” He asked, reaching for his glasses and put them back on.

Sungjong sighed and rested himself on the couch. It was such a tiring day for him. After the third round of running, Woohyun added two more rounds since –in his opinion- three rounds wasn’t enough for his trainee. Of course Sungjong argued with him about that but using the ‘coach’ title, Sungjong lost.

“Hey kid… Are you okay?”

Sungyeol sat next to him, closing their gap and patted Sungjong hair since he saw how frustrated the face of his cousin was. Well, Sungjong was always the happy type of a person so it’s kinda weird seeing another sight of him.

“I’m tired hyung! That Woohyun guy really made me stressed out!” Sungjong said. He then slowly leaned his head on Sungyeol chest and gained a hair from his cousin. Sungjong and Sungyeol were already used to this kind of skinships since well, they grew up together. Although sometime Sungyeol love to tease his cousin - a lot- but he cares for him and he wouldn’t ever let a single fly touched the boy’s hair.

“Do I know this Woohyun guy? You want me to beat him up?” Sungyeol tried to console him.

Sungjong let out a small laugh and hugged his cousin tighter. Sungyeol hyung really knows how to cheer me up Sungjong thought.  

“He’s a guy from our school. But I don’t think you know him. He just got back from abroad.”

“He should be lucky then. If I found out who is this Woohyun guy is, I will make him paid for making my cousin like this” Sungyeol said as suddenly he broke the hug and pulled his fist out and smacked them together which actually made Sungjong laughed at how childish the choding was.

“Thanks hyung. You really are the cure to my sickness.”

“Of course, Jongie. And don’t you worry. I will always be by your side whenever you need a shoulder to cry on. Okay?”

Sungjong gave him a sincere smile and slowly nodded in agreement. He was glad to at least have Sungyeol by his side. Suddenly, a tear started to form in the corner of his eyes. Remembering back to the horrible past made Sungjong missed his parents so much. Mom… Dad…He muttered slowly trying hard to hold on his tears from dropping down. His parents died in car crashed a few years ago and ever since then, Sungyeol take care of him- more than a cousin should be.

“Yah Sungjong-ah… Why are you crying? Shhh… Don’t cry... Tell me what’s wrong?” Sungyeol quickly pulled the younger back into the hug and whispered happy words to cheer the guy up. He then rubbed circle on Sungjong back hoping that it will comfort the younger better and Sungjong snuggled more into the embrace.

“I miss them hyung. I really miss them.” He tried saying under the messing sobs.

“Hey… Don’t be sad. They are in a better place now Sungjong-ah. They are watching you from far and I’m sure they will not gonna like seeing you like this. Stop crying okay. Hyung is here”

Although Sungyeol words didn’t stop Sungjong from crying but at lease it ease the tense that Sungjong was feeling. Sungjong nodded and thanked the elder for being there for him.

“You okay now? –Sungjong nodded- So, have you eaten anything yet? I will order pizza for dinner if you want”

“Can you cook tonight for me? I really want to eat your cooking” Sungjong said beaming him a smile but received a raising eyebrow from Sungyeol.

“I thought you said you hate my cooking? You even said that my foods are so horrible that it can’t even be cooked for human”

“I never said I hate your cooking. I just said that they are horrible” Sungjong denied.

“Fine. I will cook something new. I got a new recipe for the grandma next door and I bet it will taste splendid!” Sungyeol was starting to get hyped up. He grinned imagining how everyone would please him telling him how good he was in cooking and he should be a chef or something… but… his reverie didn’t last long.

“On second thought. Let’s just order that pizza. Remembering back the last dishes you cooked, it scared me to eat anything from you. So, I’m expecting pizza after I showered!”

Sungjong shouted as he quickly ran away to his room and managed to avoid the flying pillow that Sungyeol threw at him. He heard some ‘cursing’ words coming from Sungyeol mouth but he just laughed it out and ignored the elder.

He closed his bedroom door and leaned his back against it. I am really glad that I have you hyung. He smiled and straighten himself back up, stretching his arm wide leting out all the pain of spine in his body and walked his way to the bathroom.


 

“Hey Myungsoo... I like you”

It took a while before he managed to register the words Sungkyu just said. Blink once, twice, trice… he managed to speak up.

“W-what?” He shuttered. Did Sungkyu just say he likes me? Why my heart is beating so fast. Oh my God! Calm down Myungsoo. Calm down.

Sungkyu eyes widen as he realized what he just said- it surprised him as well. He didn’t know what made him bluntly said that. What the hell did I just said! Myungsoo gonna hate me if he knew the truth. No Sungkyu. It’s not the time yet to let him knows your feeling. It’s not the time yet Sungkyu-no it’s not.

“Urghh yeah… I mean I really like being friends with you a lot”

Myungsoo’s heart dropped. He was actually hoping that Sungkyu would say something else. But maybe his heart was just playing a joke on him telling him that Sungkyu might like him more than a friend.  Impossible right? Myungsoo thought.

“Yeah? What made you said that?” He tried to ignore his doubtful feeling.

“Well, I love being by your side. Every time I’m with you, I always smile. And your touches always made me feel secured. And when you hurt, it’s tore every single part of me. It’s really pain me to see you get hurt. Every time I think about you, my heart bloom and I can’t help my lips from forming a smile. You actually bought out the light in me.” Sungkyu sheepishly smiled but soon after his eyes widened out again. Wait what did I just said! Sungkyu sighed and lifted his head up to Myungsoo reaction and luckily for him Myungsoo just blankly nodded while looking down, playing his fingers.

Myungsoo actually didn’t quite listen to what Sungkyu just said. He was still recovering from thinking at what Sungkyu said earlier before. “Hey Myungsoo... I like you” The words kept replaying in his mind none stopped. Why is he feeling this?

“Myungsoo?” Sungkyu asked as he saw how suddenly the latter spaced out. He closed their gap and move closer.

“Myungsoo?” he tried again- but it was no use since Myungsoo was still in his deep thought. So, Sungkyu had no choice but to get closer to the latter until finally he was side by side with Myungsoo. He placed his hand on Myungsoo shoulder and slowly shook him which actually did the job. Myungsoo snapped out from his thought and looked to his side and noticed how close their positions were right now. Myungsoo eyes trailed Sungkyu figure starting from his hair down to his eyes and down to those damn pink lips. He suddenly felt the urge to kiss it but his sanity was still on so he ignored the weird thought away. The trailing continued to the jawline and moved to the neck and finally reached to the shirt.

Myungsoo's hand reached to the shirt in a slow mood and he hold on to it and brushed the shirt slowly. Sungkyu on the other hand enjoyed the stare he received and his mind went blank when he stared into Myungsoo's eyes. He shivered when he suddenly felt the touch on his shoulder. He closed his eyes feeling the warmth sent under that thin shirt of his and inhaled Myungsoo's scent that coming closer and closer.

“Your shirt is wet.” Myungsoo suddenly said.

Sungkyu quickly opened his eyes,awake from the daydream, and watched how Myungsoo was examined his shirt.

“Uhh I guess it got caught in the rain. My jacket wasn’t that big to cover both of us, so…-he shrugged-“

Myungsoo hummed in understanding and stood up.

“You can borrow my clothes. You are not going home wearing that wet shirt”

Sungkyu wanted to refuse since it will be troubling Myungsoo a lot but before he managed to talk, Myungsoo grabbed both of his hands and pulled himself up. While still holding the hand, he led Sungkyu to his room to change for a better dry shirt.

The door creeped opened and Myungsoo made his way to his wardrobe while Sungkyu sat on the edge of the bed waiting for the latter to pick up a shirt for him. Sungkyu smiled as he watched how Myungsoo was lost in his world focusing on choosing the shirt for him.

When he saw Myungsoo face brighten up holding a white shirt, he can’t helped himself felt awe-struck. Myungsoo made his way to Sungkyu side and lend him the white slim cutting line shirt he chose and earned a ‘thanks’ from Sungkyu.

Sungkyu then stood up and without thinking twice, he pulled out his shirt away revealing his well-built body. Myungsoo who didn’t expect that at all, eyes widen and froze in his spot. Myungsoo mind was a long gone and the only thing he can think about right now was how good Sungkyu was looking shirtless. He frozenly watched how Sungkyu put on the new shirt that he gave him and he didn’t even flinched when suddenly Sungkyu eyes was now looking in Myungsoo's with a puzzled face.

 “Myungsoo? Are you okay?” Didn’t get any response from him, Sungkyu slowly walked to him and automatically made Myungsoo back away. When Myungsoo back knees suddenly hit the bed, he almost fell down. He struggled in the air trying to hold his balance but miserably failed and Sungkyu was there to catch him. His hands made it around Myungsoo’s waist but as gravity wanted them together, both of them fall onto the mattress with Sungkyu lying perfectly on top of him. Both of them groaned in pain but when they realized the situation they were in, both of them froze.

They landed on each other and their eyes were on each other. Everything was in a close distance, especially their lips which were just an inches away which made both of their sanity were a long gone from their mind. Which then explained why suddenly Sungkyu leaned his lips closer and closer.  Myungsoo was ready with the impact, closed his eyes and lifted his head closer following Sungkyu's action, but the moments stopped when they heard a shout.

“Myungsoo! I am back!” They heard Woohyun’s shouted from the outside of the room.

Both of them quickly got up and washed away the pink tainted blushed on their faces. Myungsoo cupped his hands to his cheeks and slowly slapped them to make the redness of his cheeks gone while Sungkyu was shaking his head trying to wash away the thought from earlier.

“Myungsoo?” They heard Woohyun shouted again.

Myungsoo cleared his throat before he spoke.

“I’m here, Woohyun-ah”

Before they realized, Woohyun burst opened the door revealing a happy greasy tree that made his way to their spot.

“I bought chicken!” He happily said holding the bag of the delicious food. The room was soon filled with that wonderful scent of the chicken, the scent which can make every chicken lovers knew the sweetness taste of the glorious food.

Myungsoo smile grew wider since chicken was his favorite after all and he actually been craving for it a lot these days. His focus was all on the chicken, so he quickly  grabbed the bag from Woohyun's hand and happily made his way to the kitchen to prepare the food.

“Yah! Should I at least get a simple.. I don’t know.. maybe a “Thank You”? Woohyun shouted and earned “Thanks” back from Myungsoo.

Woohyun turned his head to Sungkyu who watched Myungsoo walked out of the room with holding that food which made the latter forgot everything in a single moment.

“Hey Gyu. Come eat with us. Even tho Myungsoo is the champ in eating the chicken alone, but he probably wouldn’t finish it all” Woohyun said forming a smile.

Sungkyu smiled back and nodded. Woohyun patted on his shoulder and gestured his head to the kitchen and so they went. As soon as they reached the kitchen floor, both of them was shocked at how fast Myungsoo set up the table. He already placed three plates on the table and the chicken was perfectly organized in the big bowl in the middle.

“Woah I’m impressed Kim Myung Soo-sshi” Woohyun muttered while taking his place in the middle front seat.

“Shut up Nam-” Myungsoo responded blankly.

Myungsoo turned his head to Sungkyu and he gave him a sweet smile which reflected Sungkyu himself.

“Come and sit Gyu. Let’s eat!”

They enjoyed the meal and talked about some random stuff – mostly about Woohyun talking about his new trainee- When the clock strike 10pm, Sungkyu excused himself since it was rather late. Myungsoo insisted for him to stay for the night because it was raining cats and dogs outside but Sungkyu kindly refused as he has some things to sort off back at home.

They bid their goodbyes and both Myungsoo and Sungkyu decided to forget what happened earlier- which actually didn't.


 

Myungsoo laid himself on his bed thinking about his life- schools, friends, that damn assignments and also the thought of Sungkyu also showed up. He quickly shook his head and decided to just let the sleep wash away the thoughts.

Before he managed to fall into the deep sleep, he heard a knock coming  from the door.

He looked up and a smirk running through his face as he saw Woohyun popped up his head through the door. Living years with Woohyun made Myungsoo realized something about him included how scary cat he could be when there’s thunder and lighting.

“Myungsoo… I…” Woohyun tried figuring words to say.

“I know. You scared. Just come in and closed the door already.”

Woohyun smiled and quickly made his way and happily jumped on Myungsoo bed. He snuggled in the warm blanket and enjoying himself with the comfort. He looked at Myungsoo side and murmured ‘thanks’ to him.

Myungsoo smiled back and joined him snuggled in the warm cozy blanket. The blanket was safely enveloped them and they couldn’t even felt the cold breeze coming from the rain. But the blanket didn’t stop them from hearing the loud thunder and saw the electrified lighting from the sky.

Woohyun closed his eyes shut after hearing the third sound of the thunder. He was shaking messed under the blanket felling terrified with the sound but soon enough he relaxed himself after he felt an embrace coming from his best friend.

“Thanks Myungsoo.” He said under the warmth hug.

“I know you are scared. So, let’s just stayed like this until you felt better, okay?” Myungsoo asked.

Woohyun nodded and loosely hugged his best friend not until the forth sound of the storm which made him tighten the hugged and snuggled closer to him. Myungsoo placed his hand on Woohyun back and patted him assuring that everything is fine. He rested his chin on Woohyun shoulder as both Myungsoo and Woohyun slowly drifted to sleep.


 

Okay. I'm done with the chapter. First of all, I don't know what the heck did I just write. So ignores the bad story line please *covering eyes*.. Secondly, about the Myunggyu part >< Sorry for disappointing you guys but I have a different idea of confession XD But hey, Sungyeol is here! ^^ He played important role in this story actually. Next chapter is about.... Nahhh not gonna tell.. I'm suprising myself too with what I will write on the next chapter.. Well..... bye! and hope you enjoyed the story...