Chapter Two

Unexpected Love

“Okay everyone... Class is over...”

The music to every student’s ears was loudly heard. Without a split of a second, everyone was putting their stuff away and ready to head to the place where heaven is placed- cafeteria. A place where glorious foods are served.

Myungsoo was now sitting in the cafeteria enjoying his food but unfortunately he was alone. He was smiling at the moment as suddenly Woohyun words that he just said a minute ago popped in his head. “Yah Myungsoo. I have to go for a meeting with my football club. Serve you right for not standing up for me and help me defends my seat so now you will take the punishment and eat alone” Woohyun stacked out his tongue and walked away. Woohyun can be a little spoiled friend sometimes but Myungsoo won’t mind. He loves being friend with Woohyun. He is a high spirit kid when he first saw him and not to mention loud.

*Flashback*

“Okay children… Today you will have a new friend. Please come in…”

“Hello. I am Kim Myungsoo”. That’s the only intro they got from Myungsoo. Myungsoo is a quiet boy not because he is shy but because he doesn’t like talking too much and he love to do things on his own. That’s why back in his old school, people called him L because the way he acted is just similar to L from death note.

“Okay Myungsoo. Now, you can take your seat next to Woohyun. Woohyun, please raised your hand.”

Woohyun did what the teacher told and Myungsoo then find his way to his seat.  As soon as Myungsoo take his seat, Woohyun dropped a bomb of questions to Myungsoo. “Hey, where do you come from?” “Do you love school?” “Do you know someone here?”  “Where do you live?” “Are you ignoring me?” “Why you are not answering my questions?”

Myungsoo just stayed silence for a while. It’s not because he didn’t want to answer, but Woohyun just being too loud and the questions came out faster than speed of light from Woohyun mouth that he can’teven catch the first question that Woohyun said. Then, the kid from the front seat turned around and started to talk to him.

“Woohyun is a loud kid but don’t worry, he is a nice friend. And you are very cute and handsome too.” The boy throws him a smile and focus back to the front. Woohyun pouted because before Myungsoo came alone, he was the one who everyone said the cutest in class.

On the next day, during playtime, Woohyun forgot to bring his toy car with him so that leave him alone because everyone else was busy playing racing car. He turned around to watch who else felt bored as he does and he saw Myungsoo playing by his own in the sand box.  He was bored so he decided to play with his new friend although their first met was not that friendly.

“Do you love playing alone or you want me to join you?” Myungsoo was surprised and almost jumped his heart out. But Myungsoo knew that he really need a friend to count on so without saying anything, he just give Woohyun a spade and a bucket to make sand castle. Since then, they talked and talked and finally their friendship grew stronger and stronger. They started having sleepover at each other house and shared stories with each other started from the day they played together until now.

*End of flashback*

 

At the field

“Okay… today I have good news for all of you. I will pick three lucky players for exchanging sport programme that the school just had organized. These three will spend 3 months studying in Spain and be able to learn new football skills from coach there” the coach stated while looking through the name list.

“Kang Minhyuk, Choi Minho, and…”


 

 “So, you are really leaving me? I know you are mad and all about earlier today but seriously going to Spain for 3 months leaving me alone? Isn’t it too much of a punishment? ” Myungsoo pouted as Woohyun packed his stuffs.

“You know I have too Myung... This is my change to improve my football skills. It’s just 3 months and I will be back as soon as you can count 123” Woohyun said taking a seat next to Myungsoo on his bed.

“But today was just the start of our first day of school and tomorrow you are leaving?” Myungsoo tried to hold the tears he kept inside him and doesn't want Woohyun to saw them. But from tone of Myungsoo’s voice, Woohyun realized that it was really hard for his best friend to let him go.

“Well, you have that new Sungkyu kid next to you, so makes friend with him. After I came back, you can throw him away and be friend with me again” Woohyun said trying to ease the sad atmosphere but instead he got a hit on his arm from Myungsoo as he said, “You are mean!”

 “But you love me anyway” Woohyun replied back.

“Fine. Just promise me that you won’t look for a new best buddy there. And focus only on the football. Don’t flirt with any boys or girls there too” Myungsoo said looking straight at Woohyun’s eyes.

“What are you? My boyfriend?” Woohyun said with his playful expression.

“Of course I am” Myungsoo saidl aughing as he cupped Woohyun’s cheek and playfully pretending to about to kiss him. They were laughing and enjoy the moments and suddenly they fall on the bed with Myungsoo on top of Woohyun. Their lips were an inches away from each other. Myungsoo can feel Woohyun breath near him and the Woohyun's eyes were beautiful sparked. Both of them stared at each other for a while not leaving the sight in front of them right now. Then, Myungsoo realized the situation and quickly got up and apologized. Woohyun who was lost in Myungsoo's stare just now quickly fixed himself straight on looked down on the floor. Both of them didn’t realized that their cheek turned as red as tomatoes right now.

“I will be back as fast as possible… Just wait for me, okay?” Woohyun said still looking down at the floor. Without his notice, tearsstarted to fall from his eyes as he realized that he will be away from his best friend for 3 months. He questioned himself whether he can bear living there without Myungsoo next to him.

“I will always wait for you Woohyun-ah”. Myungsoo hugged his best friend and tears started to fall from his eyes too “I will miss you”

“I will miss you too” Woohyun hold his hand in his and stared at his best friend who now buried his faced in Woohyun’s shoulder. "I will miss you too...." He slowly whispered again not to be heard by Myungsoo. He closed his eyes and let the time passed by.