Chapter Three

Unexpected Love

Three days has passed after Woohyun departed to Spain with his coach and other teammates.

It was a sunny bright day, a perfect day for gym class. Everyone was highly spirit as gym class was the only class that was not totally bored.

“Today we will play a dodge game. So, I want everyone to find a pair. One person needs to protect his or her partner and make sure that he or she is not out. Understand?” All of the students scrabbled around to find their mate. Sungkyu looked around to find a partner. Since he was new to the school, he doesn’t really know anyone. That when he saw Myungsoo so he approached him since he was the only guy that he knew.

“Do you have a partner?”

Myungsoo looked up and meet Sungkyu’s eyes. Myungsoo smiled and grabbed Sungkyu’s arm and linked with his.

“I do now”. He grabbed Sungkyu and lead them to the center of the court for the game. Everyone was busy dodging the ball and that included both of them. Soon by soon, almost everyone was out. During the game, Myungsoo acted like a brave knight that protecting his most precious values from any danger. There was a moment of danger where Sungkyu was left openly to be hit. But before the ball can even hit him, Myungsoo grabbed Sungkyu wrist and pulled him into an embrace and let the ball hit him. At the moment, Sungkyu was safely in Myungsoo protection as Myungsoo placed his arm around Sungkyu neck to shield him from the ball. Sungkyu heart beat really fast. I can’t be like this. Why is my heart beating so fast? I hope Myungsoo won’t hear it!

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo looked to his eyes with his concerned eyes. Sungkyu eyes meet directly with Myungsoo and he swear at that moment silence was taking placed and Sungkyu enjoy watching the beautiful sparkling dazzling eyes of Myungsoo. But it didn’t last long as Myungsoo realized that they were really close to each other and he thought that maybe Sungkyu was uncomfortable with the situation that he was out of his breath.

“I am fine. But you’re the one who got hit. Are you okay?” Sungkyu grabbed Myungsoo arm and checked whether he was injured or not. “Don’t worry, I am fine. The ball didn’t hit me too hard. I need to protect my mate after all”. Myungsoo shot him with the most sincere and loving smile and that made Sungkyu blushed.

Both of them were lost in their own world when suddenly a ball hit straight to Sungkyu. “Kim Myungsoo, Kim Sungkyu out!” the couch yelled as one of the attacker attack them and hit Sungkyu back where it’s fully exposed.  “Yah! We are talking here! How can you oust us out when we are talking?” Myungsoo shouted. Then, one of his classmate replied back, “You are out Myungsoo. Suite yourself for being love birds in the middle of the game” Myungsoo just glared back at his friend while Sungkyu really really blushed when he heard the words ‘love birds’. “Fine! I defect my loss.” Myungsoo sighed and he turned to Sungkyu and grabbed his hand and walked out of the game zone.

The game ended with the paired winners of Ryeowook and Henry. Although it was consider as a brutal game but still the game brought laughter among the students. The way Henry protected Ryeowook brought laughter to the whole class. Instead of Henry protecting his partner, all of the time it was Ryeowook who grabbed Henry and placed him as a shield. No matter how fast the ball went, he will still use Henry as a shield. Henry shouted out a voice of pain but what’s more important is Ryeowook safety, so his just bear with the pain and managed to be the last couple standing.  

The class was over and everyone went to change for their normal school uniform and ready to head out for their lunch.

“Are you done changing? Let’s go grab lunch. I heard there is a special menu for today.” Myungsoo suddenly jumped next to Sungkyu’s locker. Sungkyu startled at first but seeing Myungsoo being a happy kid, he can’t help it but to form a blushing smile. “Sure. I am done. Let’s go! I am hungry” Sungkyu closed his locker and grabbed his bag and walked out to the cafeteria along with Myungsoo.

They set at a table closed to the window with his tray of mouth-watering foods. They enjoy the food in silence when suddenly Myungsoo’s phone beeps.

 

From Woohyun
To Myungsoo:

Yah Myungsoo-yah... Do you miss me? Wait… don’t answer that. Of course you do. Well, I am having a break right now and I am seriously tired from all the practice. My coach said that we can have a tour around Spain soon and if I am lucky, I hope I can meet Messi here and I can took a picture with him and send it to you.
 

From Myungsoo :
To Woohyun :

I would be lying if I say I don’t. So yeah I miss you. Go touring all you want but remember what I told you and take care of yourself, have a long rest and I will wait for the picture.

 

Myungsoo smiled looking through his phone. Sungkyu's heart falls at the moments. Maybe he was already taken. I wouldn’t have a chance with him anyway. Sungkyu sighed and grabbed his fork to eat his pasta. After he saw Myungsoo putting away his phone, he decided to ask Myungsoo himself.

“Your beloved?” Sungkyu asked, looking down on his plate and have a bite of his pasta.

Sungkyu didn’t receive any answer so he looked up and saw Myungsoo’s puzzled face. “You keep smiling looking at your phone so I assumed that you re texting your lover?” Myungsoo left a small laugh and again, Myungsoo made Sungkyu heart beats fast.

“I am texting a friend. Best friend to be exact. Remember Woohyun? He was the one who supposed to seat next to me in our first class before our teacher told you to seat there. Well, he is in Spain now because he got selected for the exchanging students programme for sports.” Myungsoo said while digging in his food.

“I remembered him. And I am really sorry for taking his spot in the class. I didn’t…..”

“No worries. He is fine and so do I. He keep messing my sleep anyway during classes” Myungsoo cut him off.

“I am glad. I thought he would hate me for taking his place.” Suddenly, Sungkyu remembered back during the gym class when Myungsoo saved him from the ball. “Thanks for protecting me earlier. Sorry from being clumsy and got us ousted.”

Myungsoo faced away from the food and lifted his head towards the eating hamster. Sungkyu was quite cute with his chubby cheeks full with food. “Stop apologizing. It’s not your fault. Don’t worry. We will get back at them next time”

“So does this mean you are not regretting being my partner?” Sungkyu lighted up as an imagination of him and Myungsoo being partner again started to play in his mind.

“Of course. I am looking forward for the next game and play our revenge. And that means that you and I must still be partner again next time, okay? Besides, this is the start of our new friendship.” Myungsoo said looking in his eyes.

“Yeah. A new friendship. And I won't miss a chance to be your partner for the next game.”

 And with that, he placed a charming smile and both of them went back to finish their lunch.


 

Here's Myunggyu pics.. Hope you like them ^^

Here's a myunggyu pic. They are so cute ^^