Chapter Ten

Unexpected Love

Sungkyu groaned when he heard his cell phone rang. He was mad-indeed, because who the hell would call a person up in 3 a.m. in the morning. He rubbed his eyes, hoping that the sleepiness would go away and lazily reached for the phone and quickly tapped on the green button.

“Wh-“

“Gyuzizi!”

Wait- that voice.

“Dongwoo? Yah Why do you call me so early in the morning? Sungkyu said, almost shouted.

“I got transferred!”

“Wh-at are you talking about Dongwoo? Are you still sleep-talking?”

Sungkyu wasn’t too sure about that. But with Dongwoo who called him in the early morning, talking about some random stuff that he didn’t even understand, it’s not wrong to assume he was indeed in sleep talking.

“I got transferred to your school! Sungkyu! I’m going to your school!” Dongwoo shouted happily.

It took Sungkyu about a minute to realize what his best friend had said, when suddenly,

“Really? My school? As in Seoul?” Sungkyu asked, a little bit too determined.

At least Sungkyu wouldn’t be too lonely anymore. Myungsoo is a great friend and he would always be happy every time they spent time together but somehow, Sungkyu can’t help to feel burden with the stare that Woohyun would gave him when the three of them hang out together. It was as if Woohyun telling him to stay away from Myungsoo but who could tell, Sungkyu is not a mind-reader.

Sungkyu sighed. Life is so unfair to him.

“Hello? Gyu? Gyuzizi? Are you still there?” Dongwoo worried voice was heard at the end of the line.

“Oh sorry” He said, feeling disappointed.  “I got distracted. What were you saying again?”

There was silence for a moment, before Dongwoo spoke up, “Sungkyu are you okay? Is there anything troubling you?”

Sungkyu sighed. He was quiet shocked actually. He knew Dongwoo is the only guy who could understand him the most but who would have thought that Dongwoo could also sense his sadness even from miles.  He missed Dongwoo and can’t help wanting him here, staying side with him so that he could spill everything that he heart was facing.

“I’m fine” Sungkyu replied. He didn’t want Dongwoo to worry about him tho he was dreaded to tell him everything; like how he had fall for Myungsoo and how he couldn’t confess because he felt that Woohyun loves Myungsoo too. It’s too complicated. And surely he wasn’t in the right mood to tell. And besides, it's 3 a.m. in the morning and his eyes were still sleepy so he decided to talk about it in much sober form.

“Okay then” Dongwoo continued. “As I was saying earlier, I will be there in another 3 days and I will start attending your school next week. So, wait for me?” he asked.

Sungkyu can hear Dongwoo’s happy voice. No wonders Dongwoo would call him this earlier. It was really a great news for both of them. That of course not until Sungkyu realized something.

“Wait! What about Hoya?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I told him yesterday that I was leaving and he didn’t even talk to me this morning.” Dongwoo answered, clearly remembering what happened today when Hoya completely ignored him. “I think he’s mad at me for leaving him”

Sungkyu sighed. “Nevermind. I’m sure he will be okay soon”

Sungkyu wondered how Hoya will survive. It was like another déjà vu’ for him because Hoya didn’t talk to him as well when Sungkyu told them that he was leaving the school. It took a great month for Sungkyu to persuade that sulking guy to talk to him again.

“I hope so too” Dongwoo sighed.  “So, can you pick me up at the airport this Saturday?"

“Of course. Just call me when you are on board and I will wait for you there”

“Thanks Sungkyu. You are really a great friend” Dongwoo said “Well, I guess I’ll see you soon”

“Okay. I’ll see you soon too. Call me if you need anything, okay? Good night” Sungkyu said and after he heard Dongwoo replied his night wish, Sungkyu hung up and decided to go back to his previous sleep.

The smell of coffee floated around the place. Sungkyu sat on his usually seat next to the large window and waited for Myungsoo and Woohyun to arrive.

They already decided to meet up for a lunch and since at the time, all of them have no ideas on where to go, Woohyun decided to meet at the usually coffee place where he and Myungsoo always hang out. And since Sungkyu too already knew about that place, it would be easier for him to not get lost finding it.

After fifteen long  minutes of waiting, the doorbell finally rang signaling that a new customer had arrived.

And when Sungkyu glanced up, he saw a smiling Myungsoo, waving towards him while his other hand holding tightly around Woohyun’s wrist, pulling him towards the seat.

“Hey Sungkyu!” Myungsoo greeted as he sat in front of him and pulled Woohyun to sit next to him. “Sorry we are late. Blame Woohyun” Myungsoo said, pointing to the sleepy-looking guy next to him.

“It’s fine.  What’s wrong with him?” Sungkyu said, curious to know.

“Woohyun fall asleep and when I tried to wake him up to get ready, he pushed me away and continued sleeping”

Woohyun snickered. “Then, he grabbed my hair and forceful pushed me to the washroom to get ready and for your information, the pain hasn’t left my head yet” He said and gave Myungsoo a threatening stare which didn’t work for him.

“It’s your fault for being lazy!” Myungsoo defended.

“Well you shouldn’t use violent on me! Friends don’t do that!”

“Yea like you never done the same to me!”

“When have I done anything like that to you?”

They kept bickering towards each other and only stopped when both of them heard Sungkyu laughed.

“What?!” Both of them said at the same time.

Sungkyu took a while to calm down and when he finally stopped, “You guys are really cute. Both of you are acting like 5 years old kids”

“I wonder how your marriage will survive if two of you ended up getting married one day” Sungkyu joked.

Then, Sungkyu noticed that Woohyun’s suddenly blushed and lowered his head while Myungsoo stared at him blinking his eyes in confusion.

Sungkyu shouldn’t have said that because now, his heart was feeling weird. Jealous, mad, he wasn’t so sure.  So, he decided to change the topic.

“So, Myungsoo, do you wanna come along with me to meet Dongwoo this Saturday?”

Sungkyu had told Myungsoo earlier that day, saying that Dongwoo will join the school next week and Myungsoo was more than happy because he has already fond of being friends with both Dongwoo and Hoya.

“Of course. I won’t miss it!” Myungsoo said, gladly.

Woohyun scoffed. “First, you used violence on me and now, you are leaving me and hanging out with your new friends, huh?” Woohyun spoke, a bit hurt.

Myungsoo nudged him by the shoulder. “I didn’t tell you because I’m gonna drag you with me. Besides I don’t need to ask you, silly. You will always follow me no matter where I go” Myungsoo said as he playfully hugged his best friend from the side.

Woohyun smiled. He loves it when Myungsoo does thing like hugging him, holding him or anything as long as it has physical touches because as much Myungsoo loves affections, Woohyun does too.

But then, Woohyun felt something vibrated when he was still in Myungsoo embrace. “Soo, I think you phone is vibrating”. Myungsoo let go of him and checked his phone. Woohyun was right. Someone had just texted him but the number was from an unknown caller.

“Who was it?” Woohyun asked as he popped his head on Myungsoo shoulder, trying to read the text.

“I don’t know” Myungsoo said as he opened the chat box and read the text out. “Is this Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo typed in to reply. “Yes, why? Who is this?”

A second later, the text got replied back. “Thank God. Luckily I asked for your number back then. I need your help”

“So, who is it?” Woohyun asked again.

“Still don’t know. He forgot to mention his name” Myungsoo said, “But he did say that I gave him my number”

“Do you remember giving someone your number?” Sungkyu asked and Myungsoo shook his head.

“I think I only gave my number to Dongwoo and Hoya during the last time we met”

Before Woohyun was about to asked who those two where, Myungsoo’s phone rang.

“Hello?” Myungsoo answered politely. “Who is this?”

Sungkyu and Woohyun watched Myungsoo taking the call and Myungsoo face slowly brighten up. It seemed that he just found out who’s the caller was.

“Wait what?...Okay…. Hold on” Myungsoo got up and walked away from those two boys who was still puzzled, and headed outside to talk.

Sungkyu turned his face to Woohyun and Woohyun did as well. “Have any idea who was it from?” Sungkyu asked.

Woohyun shrugged. “I don’t know”

They waited for a while, waiting for Myungsoo. But after 5 minutes of waiting, both of them started to feel bored. Woohyun glanced to Sungkyu and Myungsoo words kept showing up in him mind, telling him to try to be friends with him.

Woohyun sighed and decided to start the awkward conversation.

“So wanna share your interest?”

When Myungsoo got back, he noticed how Woohyun and Sungkyu were actually laughing together. He expected that both of them would still be in a deep silence just like how it always been when Myungsoo left both of them alone together. But Myungsoo was glad nonetheless. At lease now Woohyun had finally accepted Sungkyu as his friend (well at least he hopes).

“What were you guys talking about?” Myungsoo spoke as he jumped to the sit next to Woohyun. “You guys were so loud that I could hear the laugher from outside”

“Nothing much” Woohyun said as he took a sip of the coffee that just arrived.  “Just talking about you”

Woohyun smirked when Myungsoo face suddenly fell. It's fun to tease Myungsoo because the expression Myungsoo gave like widening his eyes and mouth dropping to an ‘o’ were priceless. And besides, it was cute- what Woohyun would always say, not that Woohyun would admit to the latter anyway.

“You, what?”

Myungsoo was about to hit Woohyun in the head when suddenly Sungkyu laughed. “What?” Myungsoo asked.

“We were just talking about music. It turned out Woohyun and I have the same interest in music” he explained.

“Really?” Myungsoo asked again, not sure whether it was a lie or not.

“Of course. There’s nothing flaws in you to talk about anyway” Sungkyu smiled. “You’re a perfect flawless guy who everyone comes love”

And that where suddenly Myungsoo blushed and lowered his head down to his lap with his hand rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Thanks.” He murmured slowly under his breathe. Myungsoo wasn’t so sure whether it was a compliment or not but he can’t help it when his heart fluttered hearing those word.

But then, both of them startled when they heard the glass clutched on the table.

“So, who was it?” Woohyun suddenly asked, voice low without a pinch of happiness laced. He tended to break the weird atmosphere that he was feeling right now. “The call. Who was it?”

Woohyun glanced to his side and he knew that Myungsoo was hiding something. Myungsoo grabbed his drink a little bit too fast and drank it in a quick shot. Since they grew up with each other, Woohyun was already oblivious with Myungsoo’s action; like how to know what he likes or dislikes and definitely know whether he was saying the truth or not.

“A friend” Myungsoo answered nonchalantly  as he placed his drink back on the table.

“Which friend?” Woohyun asked again. “I should know because your friends usually are mine as well” Woohyun turned his side to face him.

Myungsoo sighed. He knew he couldn’t keep a secret from Woohyun. Because to be very honest, Woohyun knows him better than Myungsoo himself. But he surely can’t expose the secret now.

“I will tell you later back at home” Myungsoo said sending Woohyun an expression that showed honestly and a promise to be kept. 

Woohyun nodded in understanding. In some cases, Woohyun would be determined and forced Myungsoo to tell him everything in the spot but also in other cases as well, Woohyun would understand him and let it slide instead.

 “Oh I almost forgot.” Myungsoo suddenly said, turning his head to Sungkyu. “I’m sorry Gyu but I can’t go with you to meet Dongwoo this Saturday. I need to do something”

“Oh really? Its fine then” Sungkyu tried to hide the bitterness in his voice. “I can go there by myself and –“

“Can I come along?” Woohyun cut him off. “I’m not doing anything this Saturday”

Woohyun needed to choose whether going out with Sungkyu or dying bored at home. Come to think of it, Woohyun hates being home especially alone. There's nothing much that he can do anyway. And since Myungsoo said that he has something to do that day, so he figured that he will be stood up by his friend so the first choice seemed to be a better option.

“Oh sure! That would be great!” Sungkyu chirped. Well at least he’s not gonna go there alone. And since Woohyun never met Dongwoo before, he can introduce him to Woohyun. Too bad Hoya wasn’t gonna be there to meet him as well.

“Great!” Woohyun agreed and gave Sungkyu a smile. “Then, we can go somewhere and grab something to eat. I know many good places to eat around here.”

“Okay it’s a deal”

Myungsoo on the other hand, glanced over those two and was glad that they finally get along.

“So, spills” Woohyun demanded and crossed his arm over his chest. “Who was it that called you earlier?”

They finally reached home after saying  their bid to Sungkyu earlier seeing that the sun started to cease.

Myungsoo sighed. Of course Woohyun wouldn’t forget to questions him about that. “A friend. And don’t worry. You will meet him soon”

“Who?” Woohyun raised his brows. It’s so not like Myungsoo to be keeping a secret from him so Woohyun was curious to know.

“Someone. And like I said, you will meet him soon”

“Who?” Again he asked.

“Just trust me on this!” Myungsoo snapped. “I’m not gonna tell you who until you meet him yourself.” Myungsoo pouted and crossed his arm like a sulking child.

“Fine” Woohyun sighed. He choose to give up. There’s no need to force Myungsoo anyway since the latter was serious in keeping it a secret. "Go to bed. I'm tired"

Then, before Woohyun managed to walk to his room to change, Myungsoo grabbed his wrist, stopping him from going.

“Help me clean up the guest room” Myungsoo suddenly pleaded. "Please"

“Why?” Woohyun confusingly asked. That room hasn’t been used for quite a while and it’s not like someone gonna use it anyway.

Myungsoo gave him a mischievous smile before he told him, “We’re going to have a new roommate soon”

 


It has been almost a year since I last updated... I'm really sorry... I thought of abandoning this fic at first but then, I felt bad... So I'm trying to update the fic regurlarly and hopefully I can finish it in time :)) Well, see you on the next update!