Worried

Still Be Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No one knows about what is happening inside the room. Not a word said. Not a note being played nor sung. It is quiet, but not silent. The only sounds that can be heard are breathing and footsteps for hours on end. There is no rest and there is no one to stop this scene, but eventually the movement ceases. Without movement, it is absolutely silent that the sound of tears hitting the floor can be heard. Not only tears, but drops of blood.

 

This continued for a consistent month without anyone knowing, asking, or bothering to find out.


 

"Meet in JYP's office tomorrow at 8AM sharp."

The members groaned as they read the message from one of their managers. It has been two weeks of their break and waking up before 8AM or even 11AM sounded dreadly. JB messaged the members to meet in the living room for their occasional group meetings and the six of them did so.

“Where’s Youngjae?” asked Jackson, half-asleep.

“He wasn’t in the room. Maybe he went out. Let’s just start without him.” JB said as he figured that he shouldn’t waste the cranky members’ time by waiting for Youngjae who may not even show up. He would just message the younger what they talked about.

After arguments about who ate Bambam’s snacks, who keeps messing up the living room and not cleaning it, people singing loudly in the shower late at night, Yugyeom and Bambam being loud, and when is it meal time, they finally got to business about JYP’s sudden text. For the first 10 minutes, they guessed the strangest things about what could possibly be the reasons for them to come at 8AM, until someone said the key question.

“What if this means it’s comeback time?” giggled Yugyeom. The members’ eyes glittered at the thought of them coming back as it felt like forever since Girls Girls Girls, when in reality it had only been a little over a month. They missed being on stage honestly.

“I hope so. But has there been anything that you guys have done that may have gotten JYP mad? If so, we need to prepare for a scolding.”

The room was silent, which got the leader to smile.

“I guess that is that. Okay, nice meeting. We got a lot of stuff done. Fun. You guys can leave unless someone has something else to say,” announced Jaebum, only to get Jackson to raise his hand. “Yes, Jackson?”

“Can you wake us up tomorrow?” asked Jackson, getting the members’ attention and nodding in agreement.

“Of course I will,” the leader said with a slight chuckle.

They went back into their rooms and JB immediately texted Youngjae the details of what had happened at the meeting. Excited to read a reply back, JB checked his phone several times throughout the day. Every time he heard a ring, he checked his phone, but only to be disappointed by it being someone else’s phone, someone else messaging him in general, or Jackson inviting him to another Facebook game.

“Jackson, how many times do I have to tell you? I don’t want to play Farmville. I don’t care how much better it’s gotten,” bursted Jaebum as he walked out of the kitchen.

“But, look! Isn’t it cool! Look at all these features!” Jackson exclaimed as he shoved his phone screen in front of Jaebum’s face. The leader ignored him and turned around to go to his room. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket only to see a message from his beloved roommate, but clicking on it, he was quickly disappointed.

“Okay. I’ll meet you guys there. Don’t wait for me.”

“That’s all? That’s all you have to say?” Jaebum screamed as he threw his phone across the room, which was safely protected by his case. JB noticed how absent the younger had been the past month, but was too scared to say anything. He didn’t want to disturb the younger during his free time and seeing that he came home safely, there seemed to be no reason to press on where he had been. Every time they talked, JB would be happy as their conversations were quite limited nowadays. Half of him was worried, while half of him felt like there was nothing to worry over.

 

The members walked up to JYP’s office half-awake only to see a hollow looking figure standing by the door. As they got closer, they realized it was Youngjae, but at the same time it wasn’t. They could see his pale skin from lack of nutrition, his poor posture from lack of energy, and his lanky body from obvious weight loss. When Youngjae noticed the members coming, he looked up and the members were able to see his deep eye bags and the dull look in his eyes. They were shocked that after a month, Youngjae was reduced to this and they were clueless to why. Youngjae tried to smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter