I'll Protect You

Still Be Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After two months of practicing, there was hardly any spare time for a good amount of sleep, much less any drama between Jinyoung and Youngjae other than the usual glaring or ignoring coming from Junior. Although he refused to believe that he was jealous of the newer member from all the attention he gets from the leader, excluding JB and Youngjae, the members all knew that Junior was jealous, but could not do anything about it. The four decided to stay neutral as they didn’t want any drama before the much anticipated debut.

“Yah, Choi Youngjae! Wake up already!” Jaebum yelled as he shook his roommate, “Geez, on the day of our debut showcase, you’d expect him to be able to wake up and be excited to finally debut, but even today he is still dead asleep!”

Jaebum decided to give up and walked to the kitchen. He was up fairly early and the members still had another 45 minutes to sleep in, but he only wanted to wake up Youngjae so he could have someone to cook breakfast with, but someone already beat him to the punch.

"What time did you wake up?" Jaebum asked. His jaw dropped looking at how the GOT7 member was halfway done with cooking. He had his apron on, a pan cooking sausages, another one with almost done eggs, tubs of kimchi and japchae out from Jaebum's mom, and 7 plates laid out.

"Maybe 15-20 minutes ago? I'm not really sure," Jinyoung replied, pushing back his hair with his forearm as his hand was occupied with a spatula.

"You didn't have to... That's my job as leader. Here, let me help you," Jaebum offered as he tried to take the spatula away from the younger.

"No, it's okay. I'm almost done anyway. Go back to bed," Jinyoung bumped the leader with his to shoo him away. JB pouted and looked around only to find an empty rice cooker.

"You forgot to make rice! I'll make rice as it's the least I can do," Jaebum said excitedly. Whenever the leader felt like he could not do something for the members, he felt useless and like a bad leader. Although it's been only two months, JB felt like how he acted now sets the foundation for what he will be in the future.

"Darn, I forgot about that. Okay, if you say so." Junior softly said with a slight pout.

The reason why Jinyoung woke up early was solely for the sake of the group. It was going to be a long day, but an important one nonetheless. If the members didn't eat properly, they wouldn't have enough energy to complete the day. But he wished Jaebum wasn't with him helping actually. He wasn't planning on doing anything bad to Youngjae, but more like he was going to do something special to Jaebum's, just as a surprise leader treat, but he couldn't now.

Ever since the day Youngjae came, Jaebum and Jinyoung's relationship has been rocky as they hardly talked and when they did, the conversation would always end up in an argument that wasn't always Junior's fault. But every argument would always tear the younger apart. It would often lead to him crying or destroying his room late at night which the maknaes often saw through the glass door, feeling upset that they couldn't do anything. Jinyoung cared so much for his leader that he hated how things turned out that he wanted to at least do nice things for him that he would not notice. That was the least he could do. But he couldn't even do that.

The two cooked in absolute silence not only because of their rocky relationship but the fact that both of them were tired. After Jaebum finished washing and cooking the rice, he started to help with the plating. Laying out eggs, sausages, and glass noodles onto each plate was a lot of work.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter