Encounter

Still Be Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Debuting was a huge blur to GOT7. Yes, it was all they worked for and they loved being on stage, but hardly getting and sleep and being constantly taken from schedule to schedule to even more practice was such a pain. They did not regret it however as they were amazed with how well known they were getting quickly. Everyone was excited to see what JYP’s new rookie group, the “2PM 2.0,” had in store for them. GOT7 hated being called the “2PM 2.0,” but if it was what getting people interested, they would take it any day.

Jinyoung and Jaebum’s friendship became stronger for sure during this time, despite their arguments. Their first week of debuting and performing at stages like M!Countdown and Music Core gave the two old memories only they knew. There were a lot of “remember when”s in their conversations as they passed by areas that they had sentimental value to them. For the first time in a while, Jinyoung felt like he didn’t have to fake a smile.

“Jinyoung-ah! This is where we celebrated our debut with a cake! I remember I wanted to blow the candle, but you beat me to the punch,” Jaebum laughed, holding onto the younger.

“Yeah, we would always joke around like that. It was fun,” Jinyoung smiled at the leader brightly.

“If we get another cake, watch what will happen! I am not letting history repeat itself, okay?” Jaebum laughed as he slightly smacked the younger’s before running away.

“Hey! If you do something bad, I won’t let it go!” Junior yelled, chasing after JB.

Youngjae began to have more of a bond with some of the members, especially Jackson who seemed to be a lot of fun. They wouldn’t have deep conversations and they didn’t know much about each other, but they started to enjoy each other’s company and didn’t have to act on camera as much as before. It started to become natural.

“Youngjae! Come here! Let me teach you a few English phrases. I GOT YOU,” Jackson yelled across the waiting room. The new member giggled and walked over to Jackson.

“Yes? What will it be this time?” Jackson had been teaching Youngjae English phrases since he noticed the fans loved it and thought it was cute.

“Say, “it’s not hard,” Jackson slowly pronounced for the boy to get it.

“It’s not hard,” Youngjae said with a cute accent.

“Good! Okay it means…”

And before they knew it, mid-February came along and it was almost the end of their promotions. They were the ones who heard their debut song the most, but they were nowhere near tired of Girls Girls Girls. They never wanted it to end. Knowing the unpredictable JYP, they had no guess to when their next comeback would be. It could range from a couple of months to a year and the members could not handle being back in the JYP cave for a whole year without releasing more music. They desired to be on stage, no, they needed to be on stage and to become better than the best.

As their promotions came to a close, their schedules became less impacted, meaning that they had more free time. After walking down memory lane with JB, Junior expected Jaebum to care for him more and for it to be like old times, but nope. He was wrong.

With less cameras around them, Jaebum clung onto Youngjae and spent most of his time with only him. If Youngjae decided to have his small talks with the other members, Jaebum was most likely on his phone alone or asleep. It killed Jinyoung inside because despite having been forced to like Youngjae, Junior still could not stand him and he blamed the younger for taking away his precious best friend.

“Beep beep!” Bambam sang loudly, only to get stares from the other members. “Peniel hyung should be here right? BTOB’s comeback stage is today. I’m gonna go find him!” Bambam left their waiting area only to get Yugyeom and Jinyoung on high alert. They looked at each other and could sense the “Oh no” feeling from each other. All because of that one incident.

“Bambam! It’s okay! I already saw you, I don’t need to…” whined a familiar voice.

“Hyung no! Come and say hi!” Bambam begged as he dragged the elder into their waiting area.

Peniel looked at all the members of GOT7 and only four of them stood up and smiled. He looked at the other two sitting down and glared at them before walking over to the four. With Youngjae being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter