{ memories. they're painful }

i need u

"Here you go, your ice cream,"Jimin smiled widely, handing Yoongi the ice cream with a big smile on his face. Yoongi grabbed the mentioned ice cream and bit it, looking surprised because it really tasted very good. It was Jimin's favorite flavor, and usually Yoongi wouldn't try new flavors because he prefered the one he was used to, but he was glad he did this time, because this ice cream flavor might've just became his new favorite. Yoongi let out a small laugh, looking at the younger. "Guess I underestimated your tastes, this is really good, Jiminie." Yoongi's words made Jimin's already big smile grow into a even bigger one, making the younger giggle. 

"There's ice cream on your nose, you're messy!"the younger laughed, making the older pout. The vocalist raised up his thumb and wiped away the ice cream on the rapper's nose. After that, he leaned closer and gave the older a small peck on his nose, chuckling. "You're much cuter than you think, Yoongi! You should see yourself right now!" 

It was a beautiful summer day. A beautiful summer day, indeed. Not only because the sun was shining and the sky was beautiful, only a few clouds on the sky, not only because the birds were singing their beautiful songs, not only because there was a lot of people everywhere, enjoying the day, not only because they had finally been shooting one of the magazine photoshoots they'd really been looking up to, not only because they had finally some time to relax, not only because the ice cream tasted good -- but because he was spending the day with Jimin. Because he had the chance to listen to the younger's giggling, listen to him teasing him. It was what he liked to call happiness. It was something he truly enjoyed doing, he wished he'd have the chance to spend more days like this with Jimin, but sadly because they were always so busy, it was hard to have days like this. 

But in case there would be a day like this one day once again... he wanted to remember everything, so that they could do all of this again. 

Yoongi poked the younger's forehead, the same pout still on his face. "Ouch, what was that for? You look a bit like a duck with that pout. A cute duck. Like those in that one Vine I showed you the other day, remember it?"Jimin spoke. Yoongi nodded; "Yeah, I remember it. You know... you're talking a lot today,"the older murmured. "That's because I like to talk to you. It makes me happy."


Well, that was about a year ago. 

Now Yoongi was... laying on his bed, looking up at the ceiling, holding a pen in his right hand and a notebook in his left one. But it didn't look like he was making any progress, the notebook looked pretty much empty and he was well... just laying in there, looking up. He almost looked as if he would be sleeping, but because his eyes were open, it was certain he wasn't.

The expression on his face was very blank. You really couldn't tell what he was thinking and how he was feeling, but one thing was sure; he wasn't really feeling happy. That was very easy to tell, because... who would look like that if they were happy? There was no way the rapper would've been enjoying his time. And the fact that he really had a pen and a notebook in his hands but wasn't even writing was weird. Why wasn't he writing?

But soon, Yoongi let out a small huff, dropping the pen on the floor and placing his right arm on his eyes. His body was shivering a little. A small tear drop fell on his cheek, streamed all along his cheeks on the bed. So... this is it, huh? Is this the end of his career? He didn't know. All he knew was that nothing felt the same anymore and even writing songs didn't help him feel better. He didn't know why he was suddenly reacting like this, it hadn't been like that a week ago, when Jimin told him that he needed some time, but now it was... just really hard to do anything.

To be honest he felt too tired to even get up and eat something, so the other members were getting a little worried, asking Yoongi if he was dieting or if he simply didn't want to eat. However, everyone was acting a bit differently these days. It was easy to tell why, but the fact that things would never be the same, that everything would slowly change even more and that Jimin still didn't seem any better, it was hard. 

Everyone'd been suffering so much, they all wanted something to happen, something good. They wanted to feel good about their career, about their life. But knowing that their vocalist was suffering so much he couldn't even attend their concerts... it was terrible. They'd been telling the fans different kind of lies, telling that Jimin hasn't been feeling good lately and is taking some time off, that he has a cold, that he broke his leg... all that stuff. But the fans were already suspecting different kind of things. Someone had even mentioned that 'hey, what if Jimin is feeling depressed' and the fact that the fans were indeed noticing something was wrong... it just wasn't helping the situation at all.

There'd also been a fansign event. Everyone else but Jimin was attending it, and the fans had been asking a lot of questions. Some of the fans made the youngest member, Jungkook, struggle with finding a proper answer. One had asked something like "Is Jimin sick? When is he coming back?" and it had almost made Jungkook cry, so one of the staff members had had to go and hand Jungkook some tissues, which only led to the fan asking "Why are you crying?" and Jungkook looked like he would start crying even more anytime, but Jungkook just told it was the allergies. 

A lot of fans were also telling Yoongi he looked tired and sad. Everyone seemed quite worried. But Yoongi understood it all. He was worried too. He really wished they could give their fans a proper answer, but it would just ruin everything. It was something Jimin didn't want to talk about, so they would respect his decision and not make him do anything he didn't want to.


Blankets, a lot of blankets.

Jimin was curled up into a small ball under those blankets, his eyes shut. He wasn't sleeping, though. He was just keeping his eyes shut, trying to think. But he knew too much thinking would just be bad for him. He'd start overthinking, he would start getting wrong thoughts, he would start feeling even worse. And because right now that wasn't something he needed, he tried to control his thoughts.

Right now everything was terrible. He was not only ruining his own life but also ruining the other members' life. He was making everyone else suffer too. He hated to be selfish, he hated to be the cause they had to cry, he hated to be the reason no one could practice normally. He hated it all so much. To be point he wanted to disappear, but he knew he was too weak. If he could actually do that; he'd done it already.

It was very sad, the fact that no matter how hard he tried to get up, dress up properly and go talk to the others, he found himself just shivering, shaking his head. 

There was something he wanted to know and it was; how is Yoongi doing? He was really worried about the older, considering he'd not been talking to him for a week. He was worried the other would take this all wrong. He had just wanted Yoongi to understand that by breaking up with him, he didn't mean that they could never get together again. He didn't mean that this would be it. That they wouldn't have a chance to try again. 

He imagined Yoongi's grumpy, pouting face and let out a laugh full of pain. It brought some tears in the corners of his eyes. 

"Sorry, Yoongi... I miss you a lot, but you... deserve someone else. Someone who is stable... I... still have a long way to go, but I'm trying, I guess... so don't give up on me?"Jimin whispered, burying his head under the blankets as well.

It's really painful.


Hellooo!! once again i gotta apologize for this taking so long. i'm sorry i'm so slow at updating, but i've been inspired to write other stuff lately and i'm working on two other fanfics. however, this is the one i'll be mainly focusing on. i promise to update faster next time!! i hope you guys are still enjoying the story and i hope you leave your thoughts in the comments!! 

writing this story is very relaxing. i hope you guys are enjoying it as much as i am. i'm really surprised about how many viewers this fic has, it really makes me happy haha!! 

anyway, see you next time!!