Comforting You

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know how long I've been crying here for, but I'm comforted that oppa stayed with me for the entire time. But it was kind of unusual that he'd do that, knowing how uptight I am with my siblings whenever I want to be alone. Both Bom unnie and Hongjun oppa never cross the line whenever I want to be alone; they just let me be. 

So it was comforting and yet surprising that Hongjun oppa crossed it this time. 

I wiped my tears away from my eyes and sighed heavily before looking up and turned around, only to get shocked at the presence beside me. All this time I've been thinking Hongjun oppa was the one comforting me, but I was truly mistaken, but of all people why did it have to be him? 

I furrowed my eyebrows and called out his name, "J-Jiyong-shi?" 

He looked down at me and stared at my face, and I couldn't help but see a sad glint in his eyes. I looked away and muttered, "What are you doing here?" I had tons of questions in my mind, but that was all I mustered up to ask. I wanted to ask him how he found me, how he know I was here, and most of all, did he know the reason why I was crying all this time? 

"Does that even matter right now?" Jiyong asked me quietly. 

His voice seemed too dim, it was as if he was sympathizing with me. 

I clenched my jaws and stood up from the bench and made sure all the tears I had shed for who knows how long were gone. This was only the fourth time we met and I can't believe he already saw me cry. I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head in disbelief, "You're right. It doesn't matter, and I hope this won't happen again." 

I looked at him in the eye and wanted to show him I was serious. However, he just looked at me with the same expression. He sighed softly before checking his wrist watch, "Let's go before you catch a cold. You've been out here for a while." I raised my eyebrows at him and said, "I'm not going anywhere with you." 

He made a face, showing me he was already getting annoyed. 

That's right. Hate me, so I can hate you too.

"I can't let you go home alone," he muttered.

I scoffed and shook my head, "Who said I was going home alone? I came here with my brother."

He looked at me and shook his head, "You did, but you're going home with me." Without further ado, he took my wrist lightly and pulled me along but I pulled my arm away and asked, "What do you mean I'm going home with you? Didn't I just tell you I'm going home with my brother? What can't you understand?" 

He sighed heavily and looked at me, "Your brother already went home, okay? And I'm here to take you home, so unless you want to go home alone then I'll let you be!" I blinked profusely and couldn't believe what he was currently telling me right now. Oppa went home? Why didn't he tell me? I bit my lip and sighed before walking away. 

I walked past Jiyong and heard him call for me, "Ya! Park Sandara! Where do you think you're going?" 

I turned around and glared at him, "Didn't you say you're going to take me home?" And as if that simple sentence gave him hope, his whole face brightened. He slowly smiled and his eyes slowly turned into crescents. He looked happy. However, I was trying my hardest not to give him any reaction. Truthfully, I had that sudden urge to smile. 

It was strange that seeing him smile made me want to smile. 

And as much as I hated to admit it myself, my heart already did. 

---

Jiyong opened the door for me and I slid in quietly, not even muttering my thanks. I briefly glanced at him as he closed the door shut and walked around his car to go to the driver's side. I bit the insides of my cheek as I cursed myself for being too distracted in front of Jiyong. I sighed and looked at my window and leaned my head against the head rest. 

I heard Jiyong's door open and shut in a swift second. He started the engine and placed his seatbelt over his body as I heard the 'clicking' sound it made. It turned quiet for a moment until my heart started to pump twice as fast when I saw Jiyong hovering over me. My eyes widened in shock and I didn't know what came over me but I was truly frozen on the spot. 

Little did I know, I had forgotten to buckle up, so in return, Jiyong had fixed my seatbelt for me. 

It was something I hadn't expected from him. Never have I thought he would do such a thing, but he did. I blinked profusely as he sat back down on his spot and changed the gears to reverse. My heart was still pounding, but Jiyong looked calm as ever as he pulled away from the parking lot of the hospital. I slowly placed my hands over my heart and felt it beat unusually fast.

What's wrong with me?

It was a rhetorical question, but I had so much answers for it. What was wrong with me? I'm ill and I'm falling for a man I promised not to fall for. No, I promised to myself that I would not get swayed by any man, but here I was, getting swayed by such little actions he was doing. I have never thought of falling for anyone, moreso, to Kwon Jiyong. 

When I first met him, I thought I can close my heart if I just act cold towards him. 

I thought that if I just had to make him think I don't care about him, he'd stop making any efforts of getting along with me. But here he was, taking me home with the intentions of taking care of his fiancée. I looked at him as he drove through the streets of Seoul and I couldn't help myself but to continue to stare at him. 

The car halted to a complete stop, and I noticed it was just a red light. 

Jiyong looked at me and caught me staring right at him. It would have been awkward for me if he made fun of me for staring at him, but he didn't. Instead, he just stared right back at me with eyes that showed me affection. I held onto the seatbelt tightly and bit my lip, trying to hold in whatever I wanted to tell him. 

I looked away and muttered, "C-Can we go somewhere else?" 

Thinking he didn't hear me because of the silence endearing around us, I sighed and slightly felt disappointed. 

But here I was, making assumptions that clearly weren't true. 

"Where do you want to go?" 

---

I stayed in the car for a few minutes, staring at the skyline seen at an unknown cliff we were at. Jiyong had already exited his car and walked over the fence of the cliff, looking over the breathtaking view of Seoul. I bit my lip as I hesitated whether to ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter