Third Meeting

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was in my room, reading books that my step-father had given me about stocks, management and everything concerning our company when I heard a knock coming from my door. I didn't flinch and said, "Come in," in such a monotonous voice. I heard the door click and heard my sister speak. 

"Are you forever going to lock yourself up in your room?" 

I looked away from the book I was reading and stared at the wall in front of me. I smiled bitterly and didn't bother responding as I didn't have the courage to confirm her thoughts. I heard her sigh before she seemingly approached me. Bom unnie placed her hands on my shoulders and said, "You even refused to eat your breakfast. Is it because of..." I knew why she stopped. 

I exactly knew why she didn't continue.

I sighed and looked up to meet my sister's eyes, "No." 

Yes. It was exactly what she was thinking. No matter how much I tried to avoid the situation, I couldn't avoid it. This time, she sighed heavily before placing both of her hands on my shoulders while giving them a strong squeeze. "You're okay now, Dara-ah. Why are you still worried?" I clenched my jaws. 

I stood up from my seat and clenched my fists. 

I looked at her in the eye and said the most painful thing I will ever admit. 

"I will stop worrying if God gives me a miracle." 

It was hard to believe. It was hard to hope. Because I will never ever receive that blessing in my whole entire life. It is also the reason why I didn't want this marriage to happen, nor will I ever want to be married to a man. Bom unnie looked at me with such eyes that showed so much pity. I looked away and muttered, "Stop looking at me like that..." 

I hated getting pitied. 

No. I hate getting reminded of the painful truth. 

---

"Aren't you supposed to be in someone else's house right now?" I heard a deep bass voice coming from the front door of our hideout. I looked up from the billiard table and smirked before focusing back to the ball I was about to hit. "Where would I go?" I muttered as I hit the striped ball to its respective pit before standing up straight. 

I looked at my friends who just came from who knows where as they sat on the couch. 

I placed the billiard stick back to its place and walked towards my friends. I sat down beside Seungri and crossed my legs, my hands shoved into my pocket as I sighed. "Did you guys have fun?" I asked, obviously knowing where they have gone as soon as I realized they looked dressed up. 

The guys smirked at me and all I could do was make a face. 

"Of course we did, but too bad Mr. Kwon the casanova is no longer allowed to go out on Friday nights," Youngbae teased as he threw a dart while sitting down across the wall. I glared at him and hissed, "Casanova my ." I looked at Seungri and hooked my arms around him before smirking.

"Did you get laid tonight?" I grinned. 

He looked at me and grinned back before leaning in but was stopped when Seunghyun hyung hit his head, "Just try saying yes and I will tell Jiyong how much of a fail you were at getting into that girl's pants." Seungri winced in pain and scoffed before looking away in embarrassment. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Ah hyuuung!" Seungri whined as he massaged his head. 

I looked at Seunghyun hyung and said, "Who did he try to tap this time?" Youngbae, Daesung, and Seunghyun hyung looked down while holding down their laugh as Seungri held his head down in total embarrassment. Seungri looked up and glared at each one of them before muttering, "Aish, I shouldn't even have made a deal with you guys." 

Daesung shook his head and said, "You were so confident about getting Mr. Lee's daughter in your pants that you actually got her kick your while being pantless." My jaw dropped while the three guys laughed out loud. I looked at our maknae and couldn't believe he just got owned by a woman. 

I couldn't help but myself but laugh even more. 

"I should have been there! That would have been so priceless to see! Which Mr. Lee was it? Lee Electronics or LG?" I asked as I tried my hardest to subside my laughter. Surprisingly, Seungri answered on the guys' stead. He looked at me and muttered, "LG." My eyes widened and my jaw immediately dropped. 

"No way! There's no freaking way you actually tried to do that with Chaerin!" 

---

After so many months of being home sick, I'm finally out of my prison. I was out and was having a fresh air while meeting with my most cherished friends. We were seated at the French restaurant owned by Minji's father at one of our hotels and caught up with everything we had missed about each other. 

"Ya Chaerin unnie, I heard what you did last night," Minji pointed out as she held in a laugh.

I furrowed my eyebrows and wondered what could have happened last night. It was Friday, so I assume she went to the club on the day she returned from Paris. I looked at her, curious, "What happened?" Chaerin looked at me and made a face that contorted with utter disgust. She rolled her eyes and sighed before sipping from the straw of her martini. 

"Don't even ask about it unnie. Some jerk just wanted to get into my pants," Chaerin muttered as she took out the straw from her martini and gulped her glass empty. I blinked in surprise, wondering why someone so obnoxious would do such a thing. Bom unnie rolled her eyes and said, "Oh please, I'm guessing you did worse." 

I looked at Bom unnie and wondered what she meant by that. 

Chaerin looked at us as with a what-do-you-think look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter