Promise

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Weirdly enough, I was permitted to go home today. Not that I wanted to, but Dr. Kang told me that I should go home for my birthday this weekend. It's not that I want to celebrate my birthday though, because that means I will be solely responsible for the whole company when my 25th birthday comes. 

I sighed as I saw Bom unnie looking around my hospital room urgently as she continued packing my stuff into a huge duffle bag. She muttered things under her breath as she quickly zipped the bag closed. I was sitting on my hospital bed, my feet dangling from it. I was already out of my hospital clothes and back to my normal ones and I guess it felt good. 

It felt good seeing myself out of that stale white gown. 

I sighed as Bom unnie turned around and slung the duffle bag onto her shoulder. She looked at me and said, "Let's go, I think I've got everything." I nodded my head and said, "Why are you packing everything anyway? I'm going back soon. I'm coming back next week." She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders. 

"Why not? We could bring it back again anyway," she stated as she came to me and guided me towards the wheelchair right in front of the bed and I. 

I slowly stood up from the bed, while Bom's hands were entangled around my waist. The door of my hospital room opened and it revealed Hongjun oppa. He rushed to my aid as he took me from Bom unnie's hold and guided me towards the wheelchair. Once I was sat down, Hongjun oppa asked me if I felt comfortable. 

I nodded my head in response. 

He nodded and started pushing me towards the door, marking my temporary freedom from this hospital. 

Bom unnie opened the door for us and followed suit as she closed it behind her. I looked around, but I couldn't find Jiyong. It's been a couple of days ever since I last saw him, since he said he had things to do for their company. I sighed in disappointment. If I was going to be real honest here, I do miss him. 

He calls to make sure I was fine, but it's different when he was the one tending to my care. 

I looked down at my palms and found a new message from him. 

I smiled and opened it eagerly. 

From: Jiyong

Good morning beautiful. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for your dischargement day, but I'll see you very soon. Take care and I love you. 

I sighed in contentment as I kept reading his message over and over again. It gives me comfort that someone other than my siblings do care about me and other than that, I'm glad it's Jiyong. 

Technically, my birthday is tomorrow and I'm not sure if I should be looking forward to it. That would just mean I will be the official CEO of our company, which I'd be glad to take over away from my step-father, but I know that he could have something under his sleeve. 

While I'm currently powerless and I have no one on my side other than my siblings and Jiyong within the company, I will definitely have a hard time gaining anyone's trust at this state. I sighed as I let my siblings take me out of the hospital I already got used to. 

Minutes into the car ride home, I fell asleep. I was woken up by the sound of the car door slam close. My eyes opened heavily as I took a look at the surroundings. I'm home... I thought to myself as I saw Bom unnie open the door for me. 

She held out a hand for me. I took it and slowly slid out of the car, Hongjun oppa immediately rushing to my aid as he sat me down on the wheelchair. It's not that I couldn't walk, I was too weak to even use my feet. Being bed ridden was the most tiring thing that I have ever experienced. 

He wheeled me towards our mansion and was greeted by majority of the maids who were lined up at the entrance. 

They gradually bowed and helped my brother wheel me towards the stairs. Hongjun oppa walked towards me, crouching down to my level. He gave me a genuine smile before holding my hands, "Today may be the most special day for you, so I hope you enjoy your day today, alright?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 

Special? 

I chuckled and said, "Is my dischargement day for my birthday really a special day oppa?" He chuckled before standing up and gave my forehead a kiss, "I'll see you later princess." He whispered before rushing out of the mansion. I looked at Bom unnie who was smiling for ear to ear. 

"I'll help you go to your room," she muttered as she took me in her arms and slowly guided me up the stairs. 

After struggling to go up the stairs, we finally reached the door of my room. I was waiting for Bom unnie to open it for me, but she just stood there like a statue with a smile on her face. Now, something is just weird. I thought to myself. Bom unnie looked at me and said, "When I open this door, everything will change." 

Then again, I furrowed my eyebrows in utter confusion.

"What is up with you and oppa today? What's happening? Is there something going on that I do not know about?" 

However, all I got was a grin before she finally opened the door to my bedroom. She pushed it open, enough for the both of us to come in when I froze on my spot. Eyes wide. Jaws dropped; and tears attempting to fall. 

"...u-unnie, w-what's the meaning of this?" I muttered. 

"FINALLY! Dara unnie!" Minji exclaimed while she ran towards our way. 

"Jesus! I thought you were never going to arr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter