Annual Company Ball

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was in my room, just sitting right in front of my vanity table as I stared at myself through the mirror whilst smiling. I didn't know what had gotten into me that I could see myself miraculously smiling. Maybe because Jiyong's surprise visit made me happy? Or was it simply because Jiyong himself made me happy? I don't know what exactly it was but I knew it involved Jiyong. 

It made me realize how much of an impact Jiyong had created ever since he was introduced into my life. 

I only realized how boring my life turned out to be after my father died and how much of a robot I became after my mother remarried my step-father or uncle. I grew up to be his robot, or to be his disciple. My mother couldn't do anything about it because I knew how hard it is to tame my step-father. I looked myself through the mirror and asked myself. 

How will Kwon Sandara live? 

How will Kwon Sandara live under the Kwon's roof? 

How will I, Park Sandara, change myself after I get married to Jiyong?

These questions kept popping into my mind as I realized that it was probably getting closer until we were bound to become one under the holy matrimony. As I was already finding myself slipping down towards Jiyong's heart, I keep finding myself changing everytime I meet him. It surprises me how much Jiyong had unveiled different sides of me that I have not yet shown. 

It also surprises me how much Jiyong already means to me.

What is Jiyong to me? 

My trance was interrupted when I heard a soft knock coming from the door. I shot my head towards the door and told the person to come in, revealing our most trusted butler, Butler Jung. He nodded at me before relaying whatever my father wanted to tell me, "Young miss, your father wanted to tell you that the annual company ball will be held tomorrow here at 8 o'clock in the evening." 

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "It's going to be held here?" 

He nodded in response, "Neh, young miss. He also wanted to let you know that Mr. Kwon Jiyong will be your date for tomorrow." 

I bit my lip and nodded my head, "Thank you, Butler Jung." He slightly smiled before bowing and was about to take his leave when I called him. He looked back and curiously asked me if I needed anything else. I chewed on my bottom lip and said, "Can you tell my sister to come here for a moment?" He smiled and nodded his head. 

"Certainly, young miss," with that, he took his leave. 

I sighed in my seat, staring right back into my reflection through the mirror and muttered, "What is he planning?" I don't know what happens during annual company balls because I have never been to one. Tomorrow was basically going to be my first public appearance, not as Park Sandara alone. I was going to be introduced as Park Sandara, the heiress of this heirloom. 

I closed my eyes and felt the tension in my head. 

I opened my eyes at the sudden knock on my door and I knew it was my sister. "Come in," I announced. The door opened, revealing Bom unnie who seemed to have gone out and just came back. She closed the door and said, "You called for me?" I nodded my head, standing up from the vanity table and then walked towards the window. 

I crossed my arms, sitting down by the couch in front of the window and asked, "Did you know about the annual company ball tomorrow evening?" Bom unnie raised her eyebrows and said, "What about it?" I looked away and muttered, "He wants to me come." 

Bom unnie stayed mum and took her time to respond with what I just said, probably because it vaguely made sense. 

Our father never wanted me to be there, probably because he didn't want to introduce me as the heiress of this company. Also because he knew he'd be immediately voted out of his seat in a heartbeat after the shareholders learn that I'm the heiress of this company, under my late father's will and testament. 

"What did you just say? He wants you to come?" Bom unnie asked, dumbfounded by what I just announced.

"Yes, Butler Jung told me I'm coming and I'm bringing Jiyong as my date," I explained even further, making her shake her head in confusion. It was rather unusual because I never attended the company's annual ball due to personal reasons and of course, my step-father's orders, but why did he change his mind so suddenly? 

"You're kidding aren't you?" Bom asked, still not believing what I said. 

However, I shook my head, dismissing her thoughts. "I'm not, and I'm overwhelmed as well. It's very unlikely for me to be invited at the ball because he has never wanted me to go. So why is he suddenly telling me to go this year?" Bom unnie looked at me with forming into a straight line. She clenched her jaws and said, "He's planning something and I know it." 

I sighed heavily and looked at the sky, "I know." 

"D-Did you consult oppa already?" 

I shook my head and muttered a no. 

I heard her sigh, "I'll talk to him and ask him if he knows something, so just calm down and just prepare yourself mentally. I don't know what he's planning but just know we're here, okay?" I remained unresponsive and soon enough, I heard faint footsteps out of my room as my room door closed shut. 

I looked back and found myself alone inside my room once again. 

---

I turned off the engine of my car and immediately slid out with a huge smile on my face. I just got home from Dara's mansion and I can feel happiness radiating in my head after seeing her today. I sighed in content as I walked inside our house confidently, nodding at the maids passing by. As I was walking up the stairs, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter