Worried

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I looked at myself through the full sized mirror located inside my closet and sighed before walking out. I grabbed my purse that was flatly laying on top of my dresser and got out of my room for my doctor's appointment. It's been a week ever since I last saw Jiyong and it would be a total lie if I say he never crossed my mind. 

He has. A complete lot actually. 

I walked down the stairs and saw my brother, Hongjun sitting down on the couch as he waited for me. I approached him from the back and tapped him, making him turn around. He looked at me and immediately stood up, giving me a smile as he placed his arms around my shoulders. We silently walked out of our mansion and out to the parkway as his car was already ready for us. 

He opened the passenger door for me and closed it as soon as I slid in. 

He walked around the car and made it to the driver's seat, starting the engine immediately and made sure I was wearing my seat belt. My siblings were always the type to take care of me, and I appreciated every inch of it. Although our mother stopped taking care of us ten years ago when our late father died, I was still tend to and cared for by my two siblings. 

I don't know what had happened with my mother but our once cherishable and loveable relationship is now gone. 

I looked out the window as we drove away from our mansion. It felt like Hongjun oppa kept glancing at me, so I looked at him and caught him looking at me cautiously. I chuckled softly and asked, "Why? Is something wrong?" Hongjun oppa smiled at me and shook his head. 

"Ani, I'm just worried," he explained. 

I sighed and looked out the window and said, "Don't worry about me oppa. I'm okay." From my peripheral vision, I saw how unconvinced my brother looked and I have no more power to convince him that I was okay, because he was right. I wasn't. I never was. The drive to the hospital was rather quiet, as I would like it to be. 

We arrived after a twenty minute drive and he immediately pulled up from the parking lot, totally not forgetting to open the door for me. I slid out of his car and walked side by side with my brother to the hospital. The nurses smiled at us, already knowing my face as I went to this same exact hospital and was hospitalized for a quite long time. 

I walked to receptionist by the lobby and nodded at her, "Is Dr. Kang in his office right now?" I asked politely as she looked from her computer to me. She smiled widely at me and nodded her head, "Yes Ms. Park, he is inside his office and is expecting you. I shall let him know you have arrived." I nodded my head and muttered my thanks to her. 

I walked away with my brother beside me and walked along the halls filled with patients, nurses and doctors. We arrived in front of the elevator and waited along the people who got there before us. The doors of the elevator opened immediately, the people gathered in front of the elevator made way for the people who just got off. 

Once the elevator was cleared, we went inside and it wasn't a surprise that the elevator was quite packed. It was a famous hospital after all. My brother pressed the floor where Dr. Kang's office was located and we waited until the lift brought us to our destination. Once the doors opened and once the people got off one by one, we finally reached our floor and it was our turn to get off. 

I looked around and found a few people strolling around the floor, especially nurses and doctors. 

They looked at us and immediately smiled as they recognized me. I bowed and greeted them, "Ah, how have you been Sandara-shi? Are you here for your monthly check-up?" One of the doctors who visited me daily when I was hospitalized asked. I nodded my head and said, "Neh, I came here recently for an x-ray and Dr. Kang called me in for the results." 

He nodded his head and smiled, "Best of luck, okay? I'll see you some other time. Take care of yourself." 

They walked away after they bowed to us and I could just only sigh. I was yet again reminded of the reason why I was here today. I turned away and started to walk towards Dr. Kang's office, only to get stopped by my brother. I looked up at him, seeing as how anxious he looked, it must be because he could feel how nervous I was. 

"Are you sure you want to go now?" He asked me. 

It was a question that needed no answers. Even if I didn't want to go inside and find the truth, I still had to. No, I was obliged to or else I would just put my whole entire life into the line. I looked away and tried my hardest to prevent myself from crying in front of my brother. I can't do this now, not when I was stepping into the place where I felt the weakest. 

"I have to," I whispered, slowly taking off my brother's grasp off of my arms. 

I walked away and left my brother standing in the hallways as I made my way to Dr. Kang's office. 

---

"Hyung! I just saw your fianceé at the hospital," I exclaimed as soon as Jiyong hyung picked up my call. I was currently by the entrance of the hospital after having a meeting with the shareholders of our hospital when I saw Jiyong hyung's soon-to-be-wife, also known as Park Sandara, the heiress of Park Corporation. 

"Who?" 

I made a face and rolled my eyes. What does he mean by who? Does he have any other fianceés other than Sandara-shi? I sighed and said, "Who else? Park Sandara. Your one and only fianceé." And then I could hear shufflings on the other line. I took my phone away from my ear and looked at the screen of my phone. 

"What the hell is wrong with this man?" I muttered as I placed the phone back against my ears. 

"W-What did you just say?! Dara is at your hospital? Why?" He asked, sounding kind of anxious after I told him that I saw Sandara-shi at our hospital. To be honest, I don't know why she was here too. "I don't know. She just passed by us without even recognizing me, I guess she doesn't remember me from last week then. Ah, must be because I didn't create such a big impact as much as Seungri huh? Should I go-," and suddenly, the line got cut off. 

"Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo? Hyung!" I exclaimed to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter