First Snow

Okamoto Family Baby

    They on the way back after take their dinner outside. Karina suddenly remember something and tell Keito, “Ne, we should take some time to go back Osaka to visit your grandparent. We always do it when come to winter.”

    “You’re right! We haven’t manage to visit them after we get Rin-chan. It always them who come here and it just a right season as I want to make snowman for her.” say Keito.

    “I think I should remind you that you need to discuss with your manager if you have work or I can just go to Osaka with Rin-chan.” Say Karina as she knows how her husband busy with his works as idols and it is not her first time to go Osaka alone. Her grandparent also used to live there when they still alive.

    Keito quickly says, “It will be dangerous for you. Even I already confident you could travel alone but not in this matter. I’m sure oji-chan and oba-chan don’t want any of us not there. I will confirm with my manager.”

********************

    Karina really happy to know that Keito get several days off which mean they don’t have to worry about time. They always has to rush in everything they did because of Keito’s schedule.  Rin also really happy as she really want to play the snow but their house is apartment and place to play snow really limited.

    She keep give her mom of her Pokémon plushies as she really excited about it. She doesn’t realize that her mom put away some of the toys behind her back. When they finish pack, Rin runs to her dad who relaxing at the couch as he just finish his job few hours ago and know they will begin their journey back to Osaka soon.

    “Papa, are you tired?” ask Rin.

    Keito open his eyes and says, “No, I’m not. I just want to sleep a bit because we will have long journey after this.”

    “I can’t wait to ride train~!” Rin happily sing that. She never get chance to ride one as her parent always travel with car. She really excited for that but after few minutes, she joins her dad to doze off at couch.

    Karina manage to snap a picture of that moment before wake up both of them and says, “We should go now as the taxi already here.”

    Those two father-daughter lazily open their eyes and just walk out from the house. Karina manage to give the luggage to driver and make sure everything lock before get into the taxi.

*****************

    Keito really furious when see Ryosuke also there. It turn out Karina has make plan to bring that kid along as she want them to see the snow at countryside. He whines, “I don’t want him along~!”

    “Your grandparent already know about this and really happy when know they will get a great-grandson come to visit.” Say Karina.

    “Yoroshiko, uncle.” Say Ryosuke with a bow.

    Karina quickly give warn to Keito, “Don’t ever try to do anything funny and just think this as your practice when you get a son soon.”

    Ryosuke and Rin hold hands together as they walk into the train and happily take their seat next to each other. Keito does the same with pout while Karina just says, “A good adult will always accept unexpected things in their life.”

    They enjoy their journey together and Karina keep feeding Keito with food to shut him up. Ryosuke eat the bento together with Rin that make everyone envious of them. Four of them totally look like happy family even Keito doesn’t look pleased with it.

****************

    Rin and Ryosuke really amaze when they arrive at Keito’s grandparent’s house as they could see snow at every corner. They just go straight to play with snow without care to greet the elder first. Keito’s grandma says, “It’s okay, it feel really at ease to watch kids play snow. Before this, we keep watching Keito-chan play alone.”

    Karina chuckles with that and says, “I could imagine he’s doing that with his small body and long hair. It always nice to have such a great place like this.”

    “You always love this place, right? You also never has relatives that has this kind of place, right?” says Keito as he hugs his wife from behind.

    “Yeah, my family is a bit city people and they just too afraid to let me to go out play like this.” say Karina. 

    Keito’s granddad suddenly appear and pull Keito up, “You have to help me to search ingredient for tonight’s dinner! You don’t have time to relax here, right?”

    Keito whines while his granddad pull him and others just laugh to watch it. it is usual thing every time they come back to visit and Karina never get a chance to join them as granddad thinks she should rest at home. 

    Rin runs to her mom and says, “Mama, mama, I make a snowman.”

    “That’s really good. Does Ryosuke-tan help you to build it?” Karina ask her daughter.

    Rin happily nod and says, “I build it big because I want to make sure Santa would notice that I’m here. He must be worry if he can’t search me because I’m not at home.”

    “Yeah but you need to remember that you have to be a good girl or there would be no present for you.” say Karina while gently pat Rin’s head. She smiles when see Ryosuke happily stuff his mouth with snack.

    Rin quickly silent as she remember about what happen to Keito’s guitar that make her never want to do it again. She quickly nod and let her dad’s grandma feed delicious snack. She really happy with the taste and begin fight with Ryosuke as he seem want to finish it all.

    Rin tells Karina, “I want to play snow again after this. Ne, mama, why the snow is not yellow like Pikachu?”

    Karina really surprise to hear that question and tries to search for correct answer, “Do you remember what kind of colour water is?”

    “It is white.” Reply Rin and Karina add, “That’s why snow is white because it come from water.”

    “But you have prepare yellow shaved ice before.” Say Rin. Karina has to explain how she add flavour that have that colour to white ice. She never think her daughter would think something like that.

***************

    After tired play, Rin and Ryosuke sleep together at living room. Keito’s grandma helps Karina to put blanket on the kids before says, “It seem you getting used with kids.”

    “Un, it feel really nice and I want more kids in our family.” say Karina.

    “That’s good. I never believe how Keito-chan grow up and even have his own family. He has been a tough time when he suddenly face his parent’s divorcement and become an idol.” say Keito’s grandma.

    Karina hold grandma’s hand and says, “He is a strong guy and I feel really lucky to have him as my husband since I’m a brat in my family.”

    Grandma want to say something but the door being open. Keito want to say in loud voice but Karina quickly cover his mouth and says, “The kids are sleeping.”

    Karina help grandma at kitchen to prepare dinner which hotpot. Keito also decide to help them and says, “Oba-chan, I want to tell you that Rin-chan won’t be with that little guy.”

    “Mou~! You keep saying like that and I afraid you will become attach with him.” Say Karina while her hand busy chopping vegetable.

********************

    During dinner, Rin happily tells her dad about her day plays snow with Ryosuke. That little guy seem really happy to be there as it also really fun experience for him. Rin happily announce to everyone, “I want to play snow again next time here. This place really fun!!”

    “Of course I will bring you here again even without that br…” Keito couldn’t finish his words because his wife pinch him under the kotatsu. He turn to look at his wife but it seem she really enjoy the taste of hot nabe.

    Grandma says, “I never know you will be such an annoying dad when you’re grow-up.” Everyone just laugh it off even the kids couldn’t really understand what the elder says.

********************

    Rin and Ryosuke fall asleep after tired for the day. Karina carefully tuck them to futon that already laid out in a room that located just next to living room where the adult are relaxing. Keito place presents next to them and mumble, “Listen here, brat. I only bought this for you because someone asked me to do so.”

    “Mou~! Keito-kun, your jealousy are more worse than grade school kids.” Whine Karina. She quickly cover her husband’s mouth when he want to say something and drag him to leave the room. She doesn’t want to disturb the kids’ sleep after a happy days.