Mama Sick

Okamoto Family Baby

                Rin wakes up by herself and feel weird when it is not her mom who wake her up as she always do that. She drags her Pikachu plushies to check her mom at kitchen if she still busy prepare breakfast but no sigh of her there. She walks to her parent’s room to see Karina still asleep on the bed. When she touch her mom’s body, she could feel her mom is burning hot. She tries to shake her mom’s body but her mom could only open her eyes.

                She quickly run to the door when hear bell ring as she knows her dad just arrive home. She knows Keito has overnight work and quickly welcome him back before pull his hand. Keito asks, “What’s wrong? Where is your mama?”

                “Mama… body… hot…” Rin tries her best to describe what happen.

                Keito quickly places his things on couch before cuddle Rin and walk to the room. He place Rin on the bed before take thermometer that he keep at dresser before use it to measure Karina’s body temperature, “Ah! Your mom is having fever.” He turns to Rin and asks, “Will you help me to take care of mama today?”

                “Yes…” reply Rin and follow Keito to kitchen. He begin prepare ice pillow for Karina and tell Rin, “You can help me by give this to mama. Make sure you put at her head.”

                Rin carefully bring the ice pillow even wobble a bit over her steps until reach the room. Karina couldn’t say anything as really hurt at that moment. She really surprise when Rin put the ice pillow on her face but quickly change it under her head and smile while pat her daughter’s head to say thanks. Rin show her happy smile as she knows she just help her mom before runs back to kitchen.

                She wonder why Keito wear apron that Karina always wear when her mom prepare meals. Her dad lift her up to put her on the baby chair before says, “You can only watch me cooking from here since it really dangerous to get near me.”

                She only nod to tell that she understand it before watch Keito prepare food. She also enjoy fruit pudding that her dad gives her. She could see her dad keep referring something on his phone while prepare the food. She wonder why that black thing could do but it only for awhile before continue enjoy her pudding.

                She only take a look when hear Keito says, “You should stay on bed since you’re sick.” She notice her mom walk to the kitchen even her steps really weak.

                “You just put in faith on me. You just relax at living room while I finish everything here.” Say Keito. Rin could see her mom look really worry as she knows her dad rarely cook by himself.

                As soon she finish her pudding, Rin quickly hold her hands straight up as she want to join Karina resting. Keito carefully bring her down and tell her, “Promise me that you won’t disturb mama because she still sick.”

                Rin nods before walk to couch where her mom is resting. She move to her toy box to take out something before give to Karina. She says, “Mama… this… for you…”

                Karina mouth to thank her daughter but as soon after that, she fall back to sleep. Rin just continue play with her toys but sometimes, take a glance of her mom. She walk into her room to take blanket before put it on Karina’s body as she thinks her mom will feel cold. Keito only smile to watch it from the kitchen.

**********************

                “Karina, wake up. You should eat something before take your medicine.” Keito shake Karina’s body to wake her up. His wife wake up and he says, “I will feed you.”

                Rin watch how her dad blow the food a bit before feed it to her mom’s mouth. She wonder why her dad is doing that and the porridge that Keito prepare make her remember that she hasn’t eat anything yet. She pull her dad’s hand to feed her that make Karina try really to say something, “She hasn’t… t-take any… breakfast.”

                “I will prepare something else for you after this, okay?” Keito try to pursue Rin but that girl seem too hungry to wait. He exchange glance with Karina before feed their baby with the same food. Keito mumble, “This is not for you actually.”

                “I think I know why… she want to taste her papa’s cooking…” Karina say in her cracked voice. Rin only smile as meal that her papa prepare really delicious.

                Something that Karina really afraid is coming, it’s not that she’s afraid of taking medicine but know Rin will want it too. Keito gives her pills to take and Rin pull his hand to ask the same. Karina says, “We can’t…”

                “You don’t have to worry because I already how to deal with it.” Keito cut-in. He give Rin a tablet that turn out is kid’s vitamin tablets. He knows his wife forget about that as it was him who bought and keep it at safe place.

                He tell his wife, “You just sleep while I take care everything.”

                Rin give her mom a Pokémon plushies as watch her mom doze off due to medicine. She stand on the couch to watch her dad does all house chores. Somehow, she smiles to watch it that make Keito asks, “Amuse to watch me doing this alone?”

                Rin happily nods as it is rare to see it but when she feel satisfy at that moment, she jump off from the couch that scare Keito a bit. Her dad says, “Mou! That really dangerous, you know? How am I going to answer your mama if anything happen to you?”

                Rin only show her pearl white teeth smile before run around the house. Keito has to stop his chores before chase for her as he worry if something bad would happen. Usually, Karina will be the one who chase their little princess as she already used to do that. Karina’s sleep being stir up because she could hear their footsteps.

                Karina checks that dad-daughter after few minutes and smile appear on her face to see both of them already fall asleep at Rin’s bedroom. She take out blankets to cover both of them to avoid them get caught by cold. She goes to her room to clean herself before resume what Keito stop half-way. She mumble, “Mattaku, both of them…”