The Agony of Business Trips Part 1

Three is Not a Crowd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This week was going to be the best week of Jongins life. Why you may ask? Well because this is the week Jongin had been waiting for, for about 5 weeks but it felt like 5 years. He was going to go with Yixing, his best friend in the whole wide world, to Tokyo Disney. They were going to spend a weekend up there and it was going to be awesome. Jongin was sad that he was leaving his daddy and Luhan behind but they would understand. His daddy already said yes and Luhan... Well the little baby tried not to show his displeasure but it was obvious the little one felt left behind. Jongin tried his best to assure his baby brother it was only for 3 days but in baby years that is approximately 30 days. However Jongin would make it up to Luhan later. Nothing could spoil or ruin his excitement.

Or so he thought...

At work
"Sehun I want you to come with me on a business trip." Sehun just sat there with an unreadable expression.
"Um sir?"
"I think I was clear the first time Mr. Oh. I'm requesting no I'm requiring that you go. I need one of my best employees to go. I'm signing a major deal with Quin Dao enterprises so I need the best of the best. You have been working with others on this project and have really shown to be on the ball with this" It was moments like this that Sehun would curse his efficiency. He loved his job don't get him wrong, but spending a weekend with his of a boss.... Well he supposed there were worse things but at the moment he couldn't think what.

"Lulu... Daddy has to go on a business trip." Luhan felt his lip wobbling. He was so happy that his daddy was home because quite frankly Jongin had been too occupied packing to pay even an ounce of attention to the affection starved babe. Luhan had been stalking Jongin all day asking questions like "hyungie...will you play with me...” Or "hyungie... Hugs!" Hell when he asked for his binky his hyung didn't even stop to get that for him. Luhan was irritable and pouty, so when his daddy got home it was a rainbow in the storm...however the news delivered just dampend his mood more. So Luhan did the first thing is baby mind thought of. Cry and throw a tantrum. Sehun sighed and picked up Luhan. It wasn't often Luhan through tantrums so something else must have been weighing heavily on the cutie.
"Oh Lulu... No no baby... Shhh no no pumpkin butter..." Luhan wailed and screamed not wanting to hear it. Unless his daddy said he was not going then he'd stop, but those magical words were not uttered. Jongin who heard the screaming ran down the stairs to see what the commotion was about.
"Daddy...what's wrong with Lulu?" Sehun sighed and gave Jongin a weak smile.
"I'll tell you later baby... But right now I need you to get me a formula." Jongin nods and made quick haste to get milk for his brother. Jongin popped the bottle into the microwave for 30 seconds then brought it back to his daddy. Sehun thanked him and brought the bottle to Luhans mouth. The flow of milk was a little too fast for Luhan and because he was crying it caused the poor baby to spit up his milk. However Sehun adjusted it so it was at a better angle. Luhan calmed down at the taste of milk in his mouth, shutting his eyes and savoring his daddy's gentle kisses.
"There we go... There's a good baby... Shhhhh" Jongin, who had been observing the situation, planted himself by his daddy's knee and rested his head. Sehun rocked Luhan to sleep after he was finished with his milk because the poor baby looked worn out and crestfallen. Sehun laid his baby gently on his soft baby blanket and watched as his little deer wiggled but slept like he was never set down. Luhan unconsciously brought his thumb to his mouth and started gently. Sehun sighed in relief. He was glad it was finally quiet in the house. However this was only the beginning of the troubles Sehun would be facing in the coming days.

Luhan woke an hour later. He whimpered, stood on his knees, and started fussing hoping that his daddy or Jongin would hear him and come. The baby remembered the bad news his daddy had delivered and that made him all the more needy. His babbles had served to pay off because his daddy came in. Sehun gave his baby a gentle smile.
"Up!" Luhan said cutely reaching for Sehun. Sehun laughs.
"Okay sweetie okay..." Sehun lifts Luhan and gives him a gentle squeeze. Luhan fists Sehuns shirt tightly cooing softly.
"What is it my sweet baby? Hmm?" Luhan looks up at his daddy's handsome face and pouts.
"Daddy... Don't go...” Sehun sighs kissing Luhan.
"I have to go sweet pea... It's my job. Daddy has to be able to provide for you." The adult part of Luhan could understand, however the dominant baby part only understood cuddles, attention, and love... Not so much the technical stuff that came with it. Sehun noticed his baby's conflict and smiled.
"Well what would make my baby feel better? Hmm? What should daddy do?" Luhan thought and smiled.
"No go!" Sehun laughed.
"That's not an option pumpkin spice... You know that." Luhan frowns and sheds some new tears.
"B-but..." 
"Shhh don't cry again Lulu... Do you want to come with daddy?" Luhan was conflicted. He wanted to go but he hated air travel. Heights scarred the little angel nearly to death. So Luhan shook his head.
"Well do you want to stay here with Jongin and uncle Joonmyeon? You could go to Tokyo Disney?" Luhan liked that option much better... However the last time he stayed with his Uncle Joonmyeon he missed his daddy so badly he cried and cried till Sehun returned. He felt bad for causing all that fuss for his Uncle, whom he liked a lot mind you, but hey no one can trump daddy. 
"Wanna be with daddy and hyungie..." Sehun gave Luhan a smile.
"Well it's either you come with daddy or you stay here sugar plum." Luhan scrunched up his face and squirmed on his daddy's lap throwing a little tantrum. Luhan knew he was being spoiled and irrational but he couldn't bring himself to care.
"No no no! Daddy and hyungie!" Sehun frowned.
"No Luhan. Daddy said no. You have to choose." Sehun said firmly. Luhans lip wobbled. He didn't like his daddy's strict voice. Didn't like it one bit. Luhan started crying again because his daddy was angry with him. Sehuns face softened. 
"Baby don't cry... Why are you crying...?”
"Daddy mad at me!!!" Sehun kissed Luhans cheek.
"I'm not mad sweetheart... Please stop crying... Would you like it if daddy brought Jongin too?" Luhan perked up at that. If they could all be together Luhan could brave the airport. Plus he could be with his daddy and Jongin. Luhan sniffed and nodded. Sehun sighed relieved. He was already stressed from all of this and Luhans crying wasn't helping his stress. 
"Alright sweetie. I'm going to go talk to your brother. Why don't you relax in your crib for awhile?" Luhan nodded opening his mouth as a means he wanted his pacifier. Sehun gave it to him and exited the room. He was happy Luhan was calmer... However he had a forbodding an even bigger storm was coming.

"No!" Jongin said immediately. Sehun feared this would happen. In order to pacify Luhan he had to make things a bit difficult for Jongin. Not his ideal way to handle things but he just kind of let his words fly without thinking until the damage was done.
"Jongin... Sweetie please... Do this for daddy...” Jongin crossed his arms and stomped his foot.
"No! I don't wanna go!!! Daddy I have been looking forward to this for months! It's not fair!" Sehun sighs.
"I know it’s not. But Lulu...”
"It's always Lulu this and Lulu that!! You never care about what I think or want!! You don't love me!!" Sehun puts on an upset expression. Yes he may spoil and coddle Luhan more (he's only three for s sake) but that does not mean he loves Luhan more. Jongin along with Luhan was Sehuns everything. Nothing else mattered but the two of them, so hearing Jongin claim that Sehun didn't love him was a really low blow.
"Oh Jongin don't you dare raise your voice to me. You know that's not true." Jongin puffed his cheeks but tears started to rundown his face none the less. His daddy already told him he could go he couldn't change his mind on him.
"B-but you said I could go..." Jongin cried miserably. Sehun frowned deeply. It was rare that Jongin and Luhan cry at the same time for a similar reason. Sehun went to Jongin and held him close. Jongin didn't hug back as a sign of retaliation however that just made Sehun hug him tighter. Sehun brought Jongin to his lap and kissed his forehead.
"I'm sorry baby... I really am... But can you please do this for daddy? I really need your cooperation on this. I'll take you and Yixing and Luhan to Tokyo Disney after and we will stay for a week instead of a weekend. Hmm? How does that sound?" Jongin thought it over. It did sound like fun...but he decided to be difficult for just a little while longer.
"But I wanna go now... Daddy said Jonginnie could go and Jonginnie doesn't think daddy should go back on his word." If there was one of the many words that described Jongin, cheeky was the most appropriate in this instance. 
"I know baby I know. But sometimes I have to take back my word. There are times that things don't go as planned and you may have to do things you don't like.  I know that doesn't sound like fun... But please honey.... I'll even let you in on a secret." Jongin leans in wanting to know his daddy's secret.
"I don't want to go either..." Sehun smirked. Jongin gasped but giggled.
"Then daddy shouldn't go!" Sehun laughs.
"But daddy has to go mocha bean. He has to provide for his little loves right? I'd rather not go but it's for you and Lulu so I can do it. Do you understand what daddy is trying to tell you sweetie?" Jongin thought for a minute, and then nodded.
"Mhmm... Sometimes daddy has to do things he doesn't like but he does it cause he loves Lulu and Jonginnie?" Sehun beamed and gave Jongin a big wet kiss.
"There's daddy's clever boy! I knew you'd understand. Daddy loves you so much Jongin." Jongin smiled.
"I love you too daddy...” Sehun gave Jongin a final kiss to his forehead before setting him down.
"I'll call Uncle Joonmyeon and let him know what's happening. You’re already packed so that's good. Our flight for Beijing leaves early tomorrow. So we have to be out of here no later than 4." Jongin frowned at that. Sehun laughed at Jongins irritated face.
"It'll be okay baby. When we get to the air port we can have McDonalds. You love their pancakes don't you?" Jongin smiled nodding.
"Good! Okay baby I need to pack and get Lulus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter