CH 3

The One Next Door

Minji bid goodbye to Miyoon and continued her way to her house. Her mom was out for a business trip for a week so her brother and her was the only people on their house. She kicked a rock on her way as she was bored. All of a sudden, she noticed another rock was being kicked ahead of her own rock. She glanced at her back and saw Sungcheol starring at his surroundings while sipping on his ice cream.

*That little jerk.* She thought and ignored him.

She then continued her way but then she noticed a shadow following her steps.

"The jerk ofcourse." She lowly whispered. She then stepped right in which Sungcheol mimicked. She stepped left and was again followed by Sungcheol. She groaned and sighed and finally turned her head back to him.

"Are you copying me, you copycat?" 

"Are you copying me, you copycat?" Sungcheol mimicked her with a tone of a tease. Miyoon groaned and stomped her foot.

"Yahhh!!"

"Yahhh!!" Sungcheol again copied her.

"Can you stop following me?"

"No way, we have the same route. Neighbors, remember?"

"." Miyoon groaned. Sungcheol made the slurping sounds loud to annoy her. He knew it irked her so much.

"Yahhh!! Get a life!" Miyoon finally turned around and grumpily walked along. Sungcheol catched up on her pace and walked alingside with her.

"Aishhhh." She then continued walking, ignoring him.

Their walk was quiet until she felt a thing hit on her head. She her side and it was Sungcheol.

"Yahhh!!" 

Sungcheol picked up the thing he just threw on Miyoon and dangled it infront of her. Miyoon's eyes widened, it was her wallet.

"How did you got it?"

"You forgot it on the shop awhile ago, you pabo."

She hastily took it from him without any word.

"No thank you?"

"No because you called me pabo so no thank you."

Sungcheol chuckled like he can't believe her and shook his head. Miyoon sighed and gave up, "Okay thank you, Sungcheol." She flatly said.

Sungcheol laid his hands behind her head and walked alongside with her, "Are you alright?" He suddenly got serious.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know... the jerk thing and all the stuff."

"I don't know, no I guess?"

"That jerk doesn't deserve you, just so you know."

Miyoon was taken back about how concerned he was, "Thank you?"

"Welcome?" Sungcheol said in response as they walked again in silence.

"Why are we not friends anyway, I mean out house it literally just next to each other so I don't get it."

"Cause you're a jerk."

"Wow woman! You must have hated me that much."

Miyoon just shrugged. Little did they know they were already infront of their house. Miyoon doesn't know if she will bid a goodbye or just say anything but because she normally don't say anything when she leaves, she just directly opened the gate.

"Aish, that rude girl." Sungcheol hissed. 

"Hey pabo!" Sungcheol called her. He snickered when she turned around.

"Aish, what?"

"Get over that jerk." Sungcheol grinned and ran inside. Miyoon sighed and shook her head.

He was right. She needed to move on with her life. 

So she will.

-

After some months...

She finally managed to move on and forgot him fully. That day was a fine and sunny moring. The sunlight rays shone against Miyoon's bed, making her eyes squint. She rose from her sleep and stretched her arms. She then rushed unto her balcony just to breath in the fresh morning air. The weather is nice; breezy but not cold nor hot. Her head turned in on her left.

She inhaled the fresh breeze when then...

"Kyaaaaaaaaaa!! My innocent eyes!" Her eyes widened the moment she saw the current sight. She covered her eyes from the sight she's currently seeing across her balcony.

Choi Seungcheol who is standing on his own balcony can be seen with his smirk plastered on his face and with his bare upper body being exposed. His lower body was then wrapped with a towel and his hair is wet; a sign that he just finished taking a bath.

"Pssh, as if you don't want to see this!" Seungcheol smirked.

"You ert! Put some clothes on! You're ruining my morning!" 

His balcony is literally just inches away from Miyoon; so close he can even touch her from where he is standing. Suddenly, Seungcheol thought of a plan to more. Miyoon's eyes were closed so Seungcheol grabbed the opportunity to take her hand. He was about to put her hand into his abs just to .

"Yaaaahhhhhhh!!" Miyoon screamed at the top of her lungs as her eyes became wide. Before Seungcheol could even put her hand on his own abs, Miyoon pulled and retrieved her hand away.

She screamed and ran away from him. She closed the sliding door of her balcony in haste and pulled the curtains over. Meanwhile, Seungcheol was laughing histerically, contented by his victory. He then went back on his own room. On Miyoon's room, Miyoon caressed her red and hot cheeks. She pat it multiple times in hopes of easing the color but then it won't get away. Images of Seungcheol being half- still replayed on her mind like a movie. 

"Yah you Yoon Miyoon, stop blushing! Aish!!" She bit and heave a sigh.

-

Miyoon was munching a large chunk of a tuna sandwhich. Scrumbs were all over her face and her bestfriend, Jaemin, who was sitting beside her is slowly getting agitated by the sound she currently makes upon eating her sandwhich. Jaemin knows something is up because Miyoon doesn't usually eat noisily and messily, she is just like this when she is thinking about something or when something is up.

One more thing is that few seconds ago Miyoon immediately dragged Jaemin along without any warning. Usually, on her "normal days", they would be eating with their other friends but when Miyoon wanted to tell a secret or something she couldn't tell to their other friends, she would only tag Jaemin alone.

"Girl, what the hell is wrong with you?!" Jaemin asked grabbing her sandwhich. Miyoon was out of her own trance.

"Yah! Give my sandwhich back!"

"No, I will not give this to you until you tell me what's up." Jaemin placed the sandwhich just infront of her nostrills to more. Miyoon grumbled and attempted to steal a bite but Jaemin took the sandwhich away.

"Yah!" Miyoon hissed. Jaemin just shrugged her shoulder. Miyoon took a defeated sigh.

"Fine. I tell you."

"What is it? What is it?" Jaemin's eyes shimmered and her ears immediately perked up. She scooted closier to Miyoon to listen to her story.

"I saw Seungcheol this morning."

"What about it?

"Half-."

Jaemin unintentionally spat her precious saliva as her eyes were widened in shock.

"WHAAATTTT? WHEREEEE?!"

"On his balcony."

Jaemin screamed like a whale.

"Yah shut up! Someone might hear you!"

"Is he hot? I mean his body?" Jaemin's eyes wiggled.

"What the? As if he's hot?" Miyoon crossed her arms and shook her head. Jaemin smile is literally going up until her ears. She couldn't keep her feelings for Miyoon and Seungcheol.

Jaemin already knew Seungcheol by her stories and although she knew Miyoon hates Seungcheol, she just couldn't keep but to root for them. 

Jaemin tickled Miyoon on her ticklish spot. She was teasing Miyoon with Seungcheol while Miyoon is half-annoyed and half-laughing because Jaemin is teasing her with her enemy and becase Jaemin was tickling her with her ticklish spot.

"Yah yah stop hahahhaa." Miyoon couldn't stiffle her laughter.

Just then Seungcheol and his group walked in on their table. Seungcheol immediately spotted Miyoon.Miyoon's mood immediately changed. Sungcheol smirked and winked on her while Miyoon just rolled her eyes.

Seungcheol then again smirked and followed his friends who sat on the side. When they were finally on ther table, Jaemin quietly squealed and pinched Miyoon.

"Yahhhhh!"

"Did you saw how he acted when he saw you?"

"Pssh, he's usually like that. As if it'll make him cool."

"And not to mention, he's actually hot. I think you two will make a cute couple."

"Shut up! I think we should get going before the air stinks." Miyoon stood up. Jaemin shook her head and smiled. Both of them left.

Little did Miyoon know was that Seungcheol was starring at her while she leaves.

 

AUTHORNIM'S NOTES:

Sorry for mistakes, I post this without edit so apologies~~