CH 1

The One Next Door

FEW YEARS AGO

In a sandy park near 9-year-old Yoon Miyoon's house, Miyoon and her playmate, Soomi are playing. Suddenly, Choi Seungcheol who was Miyoon's neighbor and playmate joined in. Miyoon was building a small castle on the corner while Soomi was building a small mountain on her own space. 

Seungcheol likes to tease Miyoon so much because her reaction suffies him. Seungcheol then giggled silently at his own whilst thinking of his plan. He then ran into Miyoon's castle, destroying the castle. Miyoon's eyes were as big as saucer, seeing her precious castle being destroyed.

"Choi Seungcheol!!!!!!!!!" She stood up and was about to chase him but then her tears ran down from her eyes. Seungcheol crack and burst out of laughter seeing her reaction. Miyoon glarred at him darkly and stepped on his foot, making Seungcheol cry. Both of them then defeated on their little fight. 

The little fight were followed by numerous fight and from then on, she swore not to be in peace with Choi Seungcheol ever again.

 

PRESENT TIME

Miyoon sat on the floor with her pajamas on as her hair was clipped in a messy bun and her spectacles hanging on her nose. Stack of tissue with the tissuebox together with a bowl of popcorn was sitting messily on her side. It was already past 11 in the middle of the night and she was still on her room with her T.V. lit on.

She pushed back her big spectacles up as her eyes became blurry due to her tears trailing down her eyes. She grabbed a piece of her popcorn before putting it on . She grabbed another one and threw it on the T.V. screen.

"Yah you jerk! Jerk like you deserves to die! You jerkkkk!!" She was sniffling while the protagonist on the story was being cheated on by her boyfriend. She once again grabbed another popcorn and threw it on the screen as the boyfriend who cheated on the story appeared on the screen. 

She already watched this movie a million times but still don't get how the boy have the guts to cheat on the girl. 

All of a sudden, her phone rang. Miyoon felt a bizarre feeling inside, she believes that when she had this familiar feeling, something will happen. Her heart skipped a beat suddenly, quite nervous about this phone call.

She hastily looked for her phone which she actually forgot where she have kept. She lifted the white thick sheets of her bed and found her phone. She heaved a relieving sigh the moment she found it. 

Her eyes popped big the moment she red the caller.

Jerk Calling...

Answer      Decline

She breathed in, quite unsure of what to do. 

That jerk was the one who broker her heart in a million pieces and it has been a month since he contacted her. Suddenly, she was filled with hope and her face suddenly brightened.

She suddenly thought of something. 

On her mind, she prayed about something. She asked for a sign if this is something positive or not. If something bad happens on her room, this means negative but if something good happens, this phone call means postive. 

She counted for the sign, "1...2...3..."

Nothing happened.

A smile crept up on her face. She stood up and sauntered forward. She opened the door to her balcony as the chilly wind welcomed her. She rest her elbows on the railings of her balcony. 

"Hello?" The caller on the other line answered. She didn't answer. She was shocked and puzzled at the moment.

Little did she knew, the glass bottle which was on her lamp table fell and broke.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line impatienly asked. The voice belongs to a girl. 

Miyoon didn't expect this. She didn't expect this to happen. She was hoping her ex-boyfriend would make up with her. Miyoon closed her eyes and breathed out. 

She couragely answered though she was hurt and scared, "Hello?" Her voice was low.

"Are you Miyoon?"

"Yes, why?"

"Uhmm, nothing. I was just curious as to who is this Miyoon. I know you're my current boyfriend's ex and I just want to tell you he's not going to get back with you because he's with me. Arasso?"

Although the phone call still hasn't ended, she put her phone slightly away from her and cupped . Tears seamlessly ran down her eyes and she couldn't keep up with the pain. 

"Hello? Hello?" The girl on the other line is getting impatient as to why Miyoon wouldn't answer.

Miyoon kneeled down and whimpered. She held unto the railings for support as her tears fell down the ground.

She stood up and clicked the "End Conversation" button. She bit her lower lip and weeped. She sat down on her chair that was positioned on the balcony with a table put across the chair. 

"Stupid jerk. Stupid jerk. I shouldn't have believed in you... You stupid idiotic hypocrite bad ignorant odorous..." She was literally babbling negative words describing her past lover while starring at her number on her phone. It has been a month but yet she hasn't still deleted his number.

All of a sudden, on the balcony next to her's, Miyoon's proclaimed enemy appeared. Miyoon immedately saw him through her peripheral vision. She greeted her teeth more, knowing her enemy would just .

"Yah Seungcheol-yah, if you would just going to annoy me, you better shut up. I don't have energy to argue with you."

Seungcheol hiccuped and stretched his arms. He was sleeping peacefuly until he heard Miyoon's cry. He fixed his shirt and pulled it down. He wore a simple gray shirt and a boxer. Usually, if Miyoon is on the mood to argue, she would be so annoyed as to how Seungcheol can comfortably wear a boxer infront of a girl. But not today.

Actually, he have been listening to her whimps every night. Miyoon literally cried for a month and Seungcheol already know the reason because Miyoon is alwasy cursing and spatting words while crying. 

"Am I really that bad for you?" Seungcheol leaned in on his own railings and glanced at her.

"Yes and good night." She laid her head on the table, she doesn't have energy to go back to her bed.

"Yah, don't you know how many girls wants to talk to me?" Seungcheol sighed but Miyoon just ignored her.

She purposely hit her head on the table while chanting some words, "Babo yah, babo yah."

After a couple of seconds, she felt a shadow covering her. She immediatly turned her head up upon realizing this. 

With her blurry vision, her eyes widened. 

"What are you doing, you pabo??"

Seungcheol comfortably sat across her and lifted her arms before resting her head on it. Miyoon doesn't really have any energy for this so she just sighed and laid her head back on the table.

"Go away." She beamed but Seungcheol ignored her. Seungcheol snatched her phone without her knowing. 

"Jerk." Seungcheol red. Miyoon immediately got alarmed as she tilted her head up. She was on a ugly mess now; her head were ruffled and her eyes were puffy red due to her weeps but she doesn't care. 

"Yah, give it back! Give it back!" Miyoon stomped her foot, trying to reach her phone but Seungcheol's arms were long and she couldn't keep up with him. Miyoon gave up and heaved a sigh, "Fine. Do whatever you want." She laid back her head on the table.

"You know what you have to do?" Seungcheol all of the sudden asked.

"What?"

"Delete his number."

Miyoon's eyes widened. It was one thing she has been trying to do for a month now but still couldn't do. Miyoon once again attempted to snatch her phone awaybut Seungcheol is persistent.

"No way!" Miyoon protested. 

Seungcheol was taken aback on her protest, "What? This jerk did horrible thing to you! You should get mad! Ok, if you can't-" He was about to delete the number but then Miyoon again cried and bailed like a kid.

Seungcheol sighed, "Ok, I won't. But this jerk needs some payback." 

"Wh-what are y-you d-doing?" Miyoon stummered.

"Just sit back and watch, ok?"

Seungcheol dialled the number and placed it near his ears.

"Yahhhh!!" Miyoon stood up, alarmed. She then gave up and sighed. She sat back on her position. Maybe, she really needed to move on and stop bailing about her ex.

The person finally answered. This time, it was Miyoon's ex who answered. Seungcheol set the phone into loudspeaker.

"Hello? Are you the jerk who made my Miyoon cry?"

Miyoon was whispering words, quite confused about the situation.

"Who are you?" The person on the other line answered. Miyoon wanted to talk to him but she realized she would just appear as needy.

"I'm Miyoon's current boyfriend."

"Yah!" Miyoon quietly whispered but Seungcheol ignored her.

"I just want to tell you you're a stupid idiotic hypocrite bd ignorant odorous person who doesn't deserve my Miyoon's love. I hope you will be eaten by a dinosaur someday." Seungcheol smirked and clicked the "End Conversation" button. 

All of a sudden, Seungcheol heard a laugh somewhere near him. He shifted his gaze and was shocked. Miyoon is finally laughing!

"Yah, what's so funny?"

"What was the last line all about?" This time, Miyoon cried because of laughter. 

All of a sudden, a car pulled over and beeped downstairs. Miyoon's eyes widened. She stood up and peered down. It was her mom coming home. She immediately got alarmed and got panicked.

She came back to Seungcheol and pushed him away.

"Yah, what's wrong with you?"

"Omma is here!"

Seungcheol sighed and willingly climbed to his own balcony. 

Miyoon sighed. Before Seungcheol opens the sliding door to his room, Miyoon called him up.

"Seungcheol-yah!"

Seungcheol turned around.

"Thanks!" Miyoon's cheeks was flushed due to embarassment so she hurriedly ran and closed her door. 

Seungcheol shook his head and smiled.