CH 2

The One Next Door

 

Everyday seems like a ty day for Miyoon. For one, she hasn't still have moved on with her ex. Second, Seungcheol was always there to annoy her when she's on her balcony. Sometimes, she would just popped out of nowhere and annoy her. One day, she sat on her balcony with a bowl of spaghetti that she made and her laptop. No one is on the house since her mother was on her work and her little brother is currently on a camp. 

Miyoon was currently listing down signs that she believe will happen inorder for her to meet her "The One". She's been writting it for a week now, just to distract herself whenever she doesn't do anything inorder for her not to think about her ex. In the midst of her typing, she suddenly got bored. She stopped hitting buttons and eat her spaghetti as slowly as possible.

It was a Saturday afternoon and she was stuck on her house, alone. Her phone rang out of nowhere.

She laid down the bowl and peeked on her phone.

Seungcheol calling...

Answer                     Decline

Her eyes popped big. Yes, they are neighbors and their balcony is literally just next to each other but they weren't that close for him to call her. In fact, in Miyoon's knowledge, they were enemies. She sighed and answer, anyway. He'll annoy her, Miyoon is sure of that. 

"Miyoon?" Seungcheol answered on the other line. It was noisy on his background and Miyoon is certain he's with his friends.

"Why did you call? If you call to annoy me again, then end this right now." There was a tinge of irkness and annoyance on Miyoon's voice.

"Bwoh? Did you actually think I call you in purpose? My friends were just messing with me, you brat."

"Bwoh? Jerk!"

"!"

"!"

"You-" Seungcheol was about to answer but Miyoon ended the call. She sighed. 

*That !* Miyoon mentally hissed on her head.

Her phone rang again. Miyoon clicked her tongue and shook her head. 

*If this is what he want, then I'm on!* Miyoon thought. Without looking at the phone, Miyoon answered the phone abruptly.

"What do you want, you jerk?!" 

"Bwoh? What are you saying, Miyoon?" The voice on the other line belongs to a girl. Miyoon looked at her phone and it was her cousin, Minji.

"Minji?! Mianhae, I thought it was my annoying neighbor. Why did you call?" 

"Can we meet-up, Miyoon?" 

Miyoon thought for an answer for some seconds but then agreeed after.

"Alright, what time and where?"

Minji told her the details as she rummaged her closet for some clothes to wear.

-

Miyoon and Minji met outside a coffee shop.

"Minji-yah!" Miyoon opened her arms for a hug in which Minji accepted.

"Why did you suddenly meet me up? Miss me?" Miyoon grinned.

"I have something to tell you Miyoon." Both of them entered the shop. They immediately went on the queue.

"What is it?"

"Remember your ex?"

Miyoon's mood suddenly changed, her face became gloomy all in an instant.

"Yeah, waeyo?"

"I just saw him just now together with his new girl."

Miyoon's heart broke to pieces, she could even barely move. She thought she was over him. She felt her voice hitched but she asked anyway.

"Whe-where?"

"On the movies just now."

"I...I se..see." She felt her fist tightened on the strap of her backpack.

All of a sudden, they heard familiar voices behind them. Miyoon eavesdropped as she felt a strong feeling she knew the person.

"Babe, what do you want to order? I'll order, just sit on the side." It was a man's voice.

"Just frappuccino, babe. Ok, I'll just find some chairs." 

Miyoon heard a smooch from the girl. Now, Miyoon was certain the guys was someone she knew but she just needs some confirmation. Just in time, the guy's phone beeped for a text message. And now, Miyoon was right; she knew the guy. She knew his ringtone very much. 

She felt her body stiffened. It was her ex!

Funny how he hasn't still changed his ringtone. Miyoon chose it for him, she could just chuckle weakly upon the thought.

Little did she knew, Minji noticed her bizzare actions that's why she turned around to see who's the guy. Her eyes popped big as she nudged on Miyoon.

"Hey, the jerk is here."

"Yeah, funny how he still not noticed me." Her voice was weak.

At the midst of their conversation, someone nudged Miyoon from behind. It was him! 

"Miyoon?"

Miyoon turned around. 

"Oh-h-hey... What's up, Jisoo?" Miyoon's tone was awkward like she just came with that answer; like it was obvious she wasn't comfortable talking with him.

"Hey, sor-" Jisoo was cut off when his new girl came in and tugged her arms with him. Miyoon felt like crying. She couldn't keep it anymore as her tears fell down as she descended the shop. Minji eyed darkly both Jisoo and the girl and followed Miyoon. She found Miyoon sat on a near bench outside, her eyes clouded by tears. 

"Miyoon, are you alright?" 

"Do I look like one?" Miyoon bit her lip; she didn't mean to be offending and rude but she really isn't.

"Sorry, it's just that it hurts, Minji. It hurts." Miyoon laid her head on Minji's shoulder. Minji caressed her back in attempt to comfort her.

Just then, a group of boys came in and was about to enter the shop but then one of them stopped on their tracks as he saw Miyoon. He excused himself as his gang already entered the shop. 

"Miyoon?"

Miyoon raised her head. It was Sungcheol. Miyoon sighed.

"If you're here to annoy me, I'm really not on the mood right now."

She was expecting him to but he didn't. Instead, he knelt down and stare at her face.

"Miyoon, what happened?"

"None of your business."

"Come on, tell me! What are neighbors are for, right?"

"Can you just leave me alone, you jerk."

Sungcheol sighed and gave up. Instead, he asked Minji anyway.

"What happened to her?"

"Minji, don't-" Miyoon was cut off when Minji already told him the reason why she was crying. Minji mouthed a "sorry" to Miyoon but Miyoon just let it pass. Sungcheol rolled his fist and starred at the coffee shop.

"That jerk. He needs a lesson." 

"What are you trying to do?" Miyoon suddenly got alarmed.

Sungcheol stood up and grabbed Miyoon's arms, "Heyyyy."

"Were trying to teach that jerk a lesson."

"Hey, you don't have to do this."

"Yeah I know but he needs to learn his lesson."

Before Miyoon was about to complain anymore, they were already inside the coffee shop. 

"Yahhhh!" Miyoon tried to escape from his grip but it was too strong. 

Sungcheol saw his friends on the corner, chatting with each other while Dino, his other friend ordered the drinks. 

"Hey hyung. Who is she?" Dino asked as they passed on him. 

"My girlfriend."

Both Dino and Miyoon spat on their own saliva, "Bwoh? Hyung, you have girlfriend?"

"Yeah, but that's not important for now we have to do something."

Dino just shook his head in disbelief as he starred at Miyoon and Sungcheol's linked hands, "I still can't believe."

They both continud walking as Sungcheol asked, "Where is he? The jerk?"

"He still on the line. He's currently ordering."

Sungcheol scanned on the line and found a tall looking guy. He also had a milky white skin. He looked so polish. *What a waste, he's a jerk.*

Sungcheol tightened his grip to Miyoon's hands and approached them. Jisoo already finished ordering and already turned around to went back to his seat and to his new girl. Sungcheol purposely hit him by his shoulders.

"Oh sorry man, didn't see you there."

Jisoo ignored and noticed Miyoon whose head was bent down, instead.

"Miyoon?" Jisoo was bewildered upon the sight. Miyoon raised her head up.

"Who is he?" Jisoo asked. She was surprised that he care.

Sungcheol blocked his view of Miyoon and raised their linked hands and grinned, "Her boyfriend. You're her ex, right?"

"Yeah."

"I just want to tell you. She don't need you anymore. I'm here and that's enough. And remember all the bull things you've done to her?"

Miyoon was surprised on how straighforward Sungcheol was. 

"Hey I understand you're her boyfriend now but anything that I did to her is none of you business." Jisoo was about to leave. Sungcheol smirked.

"What a jerk." Sungcheol smirked and punched him on his face. Jisoo and Miyoon's eyes both popped big. Jisoo was about to punch Sungcheol back but then Miyoon stood at the middle. People are slowly gathering and checked what was the ruckus was all about. Sungcheol's friend checked too and was shocked that their friend was one of the cause of the ruckus. They were about to stop him but Miyoon already did, blocking Sungcheol's arms.

"Next time you get near to Miyoon, you'll receive worst than this." Sungcheol's eyes were burning.

"Hey stop it!" Miyoon blocked him from doing anything more.

Jisoo who was wiping blood on his mouth managed to answer, "You think I'll get near her again? What a joke." He chuckled weakly.

Miyoon felt her heart broke. 

"What did you just tell her?" Sungcheol was furious. He was about to punch him again but the manager came in.

After that, they were sent to the manager's office.

-

Sungcheol eyed Jisoo darkly as they both exited the office. Miyoon was just next to Sungcheol.

"Sorry, all my fault. I was just trying to help."

"Trying to help? You have just worsen the situation." 

"What? I was just trying to help!"

Miyoon was about to argue but Minji and Sungcheol's friends came in. 

"Hyung, what happened? And who is she?"

"I'll tell you later." Sungcheol glanced at Miyoon. 

Minji then approached her, "Miyoon, what happened? Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm alright. I'll tell you later about it." Miyoon glanced back at Sungcheol. 

Sungcheol and his friends was about to leave when Miyoon mouthed a "Thank you" in which Sungcheol just grinned.

Miyoon watched as he left, all of his friends were bombarding him with questions.

Miyoon just shook her head and smiled.

"Why are you smiling all by yourself?"

"Nothing."

Miyoon admit, it was sweet of him.

 

AUTHORNIM'S NOTES:

Heyyy yaaahh! Sorry it took me long to update this, hope you enjoy~~