Prologue

The One Next Door

PROLOGUE

Miyoon hated this day more than other days on her life.

For one, Miyoon was stuck inside a box with his all-time enemy.

Secondly, the box was small and dark and there are odd times wherein she would bumped past against her enemy's shoulders. She wouldn't get agitated this much if the box was spacious for them but she couldn't do anything about it.

Miyoon pulled her legs up until it reached her chin. She then burried her face on her legs, compeletly hopeless about their situation.

*Now I'm stuck here with you.* It has been a hour and a half since they got stuck but Seungcheol never said a word for the past 30 minutes. She kicked her foot against the small box, slightly irritated and suffocated on the limited space that was provided for them. Sweat trickled down a bit on her forehead. 

She was confused as to how Seungcheol didn't even budge one bit or even complain about her behavior.

*Hmm, he suddenly got so strange.*

Miyoon poked slightly on what she believed was his arms. Her eyes widened as to how it was strong and built.

"Hmm, not bad. He must be working out lately." She whispered.

*Okay, okay. Maybe one more poke aint that bad.* She thought. 

She then poked his arm one more time. *This is so fun!*

But then, she noticed that he wasn't even complaining or moving. She attempted to poke his arm one mroe time but a hand blocked her hands. It was Sungcheol's and it was surprisingly warm. Seungcheol put her tiny hands on his chest. "Stop poking me, you pabo."

Suddenly, she heard his voice but it was strange. His voice was weak and low. All of a sudden, Miyoon was puzzled about his demeanor.

Miyoon retrieved her arms back and pushed him, "Don't touch me, you ert."

He didn't answer. Miyoon was panicking and couldn't be calm on her position.

"Hey, are you okay?" Miyoon kicked on what she believed was her feet but he didn't budged. She suddenly got worried and concerned. She kicked her more impatiently, worried about what is currently happening to him.

"Seungcheol-yahh!" She scooted over and placed her hands on his forehead and he was sweating terribly.

*He have a fever!*

"Seungcheol, you pabo! Why didn't you tell me?" She bit her lip. She thought of anything to help him but there wasn't any since they are stuck inside a box. She's bothered and concerned about his condition.

Suddenly, Seungcheol scooted closier and laid his head on Miyoon's shoulder.

"Yah! What are you doing, you ert!"

"Don't move, pabo."

"You je-" She was about to argue but then she realized he is sick and has no energy to argue so she just let him be. She quietly sighed and gave up.

"What?" Seungcheol weakly asked.

"Nothing. Don't talk and just sleep, okay?" 

Seungcheol obiged but in his mind, he was surprised as to how she suddenly got so nice with her. Secretly, Seungcheol felt good laying his head on her shoulders. Meanwhile, Miyoon came into a sudden realization.

This was one of the signs.

END OF PROLOGUE