Chapter 6 - Locked in the closet

桜の花びら(Sakura no hanabira- Cherry Petals)

KRYSTAL

 

That day we had a math test and I was the first one to finish so I had to go the locker room to prepare myself for the P.E lesson. When I entered I put my things on my locker and started taking off my t-shirt when I heard some voices. I wantedto know who was there since all my classmates where in the classroom. So I went to check. I hid behind a locker and saw Amber and that girl that was with her in the club... They were hugging and crying. It reminded me when my parents discovered about Amber and me. After that time we kept on seeing each other till that fateful day. I suffered so much... After that,they introduced me to Minho even if we already knew each other.He's very rich  and they decided with his parents that we would have got married after high school. I knew this was just a punishment for being with a girl. But at the time I loved her so much I would have done everything for her. Plus I knew that Jessica and my parents blackmailed Amber and her family: my parents would have fired her father and they would have lost their house. So, it was impossible for us to stay together. Also, Jessica told me that Amber betrayed me with another girl... She told me she also had some photos to prove me that but I did not even wanted to see them. I was too broken. After I knew what they told to Amber family I couldn't believe to Jessica so much about Amber. But I convinced myself to forget her. After our broke up, I called her many times because I wanted to tell her what my parents did, I needed to talk to her and know if she had really betrayed me because the day we broke up, I did not let her the time to talk. I was too hurt and confused because of the marriage and blah blah. I had been mean to her. Now I just wanted to fix things and be friend with her

Amber and Hyuna ( I heard Amber naming the girl that way ) started talking. She was apologizing to Hyuna when I heard those words: Yes, my heart still belongs to Krystal. She's the one I'd like to stay with even if I can't. When she told those words I felt my heart fluttering. I could not believe to what she said. She could always surprise me when I least expect it. She still loved me. She still wanted me, even if I hurt her. I got watery eyes thinking about all we went through and the bad moments with her. My heart couldn't forget. I felt happy but sad and melancholic at the same time. I missed her. I just wanted us to go back and talk as we did. I didn't want to be a couple, but at least just friends. She had always stayed by myside. I am the one that betrayed her the most. 

They got up and headed to the exit so I had to hide in the locker and I closed me inside it. When she walked next to the locker I could smell her perfume invading the room. It was so overwhelming... How could I have forgotten her smell? The first times we met I wanted to hug her only for that... They went out the room so I could go out from the locker. I snorted and sighed. How could she make me feel always as the first time we met? But the main question was: was I still in love with her?

The P.E lesson started. That day we played volleyball and since I was one of best players, the teacher told me to go with the better ones. I hated that group because you could not fail, or you were punished. How unfair. To err is human, right? I did good all the lesson till when I heard someone coming in and greetin the teacher. I recognised immediatly the voice. How couldn't I recognise it? I had been for months lulled by it. I turned around to watche her. I didn't want to, but it came instinctively. That was my death. I received a ball in my head and so the other group won. The teacher blew the whistle and told everyone to go to change themselves. I pretended nothing happened and followed the others but the teacher called me

"Miss Jung, you'll remain here with miss Liu and will help to tidy up the gym. Maybe next time you'll pay more attention. I want the gym to shine. See you girls" 

"Goodbye miss Kwon" We said with one voice. The last noise we heard, was the slamming of the door then the silence dropped on us. We were too embarassed to look at each other.Plus, I treated in a very bad Amber that day we were on the roof. I heard she was crying too but I hadn't been so sweet and kind like her. She was the one to break the silence saying that we had to organize our work. I nodded avoiding her eyes. 

"Let's do this way: I will clean the floor, put in the closet the ropes and the hula hoops while you put in the closet the balls and the floor mats, okay?" I just nodded also this time. I was too embarassed to talk.We placed everything in the closet neatly. We worked for an hour and a half. When we finished to place the last things in the dark closet,we heard a noise of key coming from the door of the closet. We both watched each other and rushed to the door. I couldn't believe to it. It had been locked! How could someone do that? Amber started screaming to ask help but no one came to save us. I was sitting on the floor trying to forget the dark around me and find a way to escape. After some time Amber sat on the other side of the closet. She looked angry. But I could only about that I was with her.I was alone with her. I was in a closet alone with her. We were alone locked in the closet. It was just the two of us. My heart started beating fast.

 

 

AMBER

 

I couldn't believe that what happened was real. I had to clean the gym with Krystal... I was agitated and embarassed. I could feel my hands sweating. I was afraid to stay alone with her. But we worked in silence, never talking to each other. We put the last things on the closet after working hard when we heard a noise coming from the door of the closet. I watched Krystal terrified. We thought at the same thinge. We went to check the door but it had been locked. I screamed for help for an hour but no one came to save us. Krystal was immobilized on the floor looking nothing. I remembered her fear of the dark. She looked so vulnerable and weak. I just wanted to hug her but I couldn't. I sat on the other side of the closet angry, not because of what happened but because I just wnated things could be fixed.I missed her so much. I wanted her so much. I wanted to touch her soft skin. I wanted to kiss her juicy lips. I wanted to look into her eyes and get lost. I missed us. But I could do nothing to fix things. In the room there was a deafining silence. I would had liked to  say something but I didn't know what to tell her. We had nothing to talk about... Plus she was engaged so it would have been just a loss of time because I didn't to hear about her and Minho. But she got me surprised when she started to talk first.

"I know what happened with Minho. I'm sorry"

"Are you apologizing for your boyfriend? I thought he was better than that. Sending his girlfriend to apologize... Coward" I could see she got annoyed because of me being rude.I didn't want to be rude to her, but it was the best way to keep her away from me. 

"How do you know he's my boyfriend?" she asked surprised " However it's not that you've been so much better than him. I know you were the one to hit him first, so you're the one that should apologize first. Anyways I just wanted to know how are your eyes and lips, but don't worry, I won't disturb you anymore" She pouted. She was so cute!! Anyways, I had ruined everything. I was angry with Minho but I couldn't treat her that way. Even if I was disappointed because she didn't tell me it. How could she be with him knowing he was my friend? But mostly, how could he stay with her knowing what I feel for her?I felt betrayed. 

"I'm sorry... I didn't have to attack you" She watched me still pouting her face but she looked more relaxed after I apologized to her. Once again, the silence fell on us. I could not stad it anymore. So I found an excuse to talk to her, plus I was curious " So how long have you been with him?" It took her a while to answer. It seemed like she could not tell me.

"We do not even talk, I wouldn't consider us a couple" I was confused by her answer

"I think I didn't understand... are you together yes or no?"

"If you had answer to my calls this summer, you would have understood." She said annoyed. How could she tell me something like that? Was she crazy?

"How can you tell me something like that? I should have answer to your calls? What the hell is going through your mind? Do I have to remind you how you broke up with me?You even invented I betrayed you with another girl!! You treated me like crap, I suffered! I needed to forget you. How could I answer to your calls?Don't you think it's insane?" I was mad at her. How could have she said things like that? I got watery eyes, so I had to look away. I didn't want her to see me crying. We stayed in silence for a while more.

"I'm sorry... I was told you betrayed  me. I was even offered to see the photos about you and the other girl that I had never seen though. You don't know what happened to me then. I was confused too. I got to know what my parents told to yours. I tried to defend you but I had been blackmailed too. If I had seen you again I would had gone to study abroad.They had already punished me telling me that I had to marry Minho. I didn't want to stay with him and he didn't want to stay with me, so we decided not to talk at school and that nobody had to know about us. That's why I called you. I needed to tell you what happened and why. I had to apologize. I wanted you to know. But after somethime my parents discovered I tried to call you so they retired my cell phone. The only ones who knew about it were my family, Sulli and Minho.I was destroyed. It took me so much time to forget about you almost convincing me you didn't exist. Do you think it had been easy for me? I loved you more than my whole life. The universe dropped over me when we broke up. I wanted to die. I'm sorry Amber. I'm sorry. What I want it's just to fix things. I just need at least to be able to talk to you like friends do. But even this is impossible for us. I didn't want to lose everything I had with you.I didn't want to lose you. I wanted to stay with you forever. I wanted you to stay in my life. I had never felt that bad for someone. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" She said crying out loud. I was confused and surprised. Now I understood everything but knowing how bad she had been made me feel even worse. She didn't hate me as I thought.She had suffered too. She had been blackmailed too. It has to be orrible to be blackmailed from your own parents. She looked so weak. She wanted to be my friend. I knew I wanted to be more, but being her friend would have the best honor in my life. But she was right. Her family was the problem. I put my hands on my hair just to connect all the things she told me. I was trying to realize that what was happening was real. I felt a pang in my heart. I had no doubt. I loved her so much I would have done everything to make her happy. She didn't have to apologize. It wasn't her fault. I could understand how much she suffered for me. It was unbearable what they did. It was unbearable to see her that way. I coudln't resist anymore. I got up and went to her and hugged her. She kept crying on my shirt. I was tired of suffering, and I think she was tired too.

"Don't worry Krystal it's okay. Now I know everything. You don't have to apologize. I have to apologize. I'm the fool who didn't try do discover the truth. I just thought you hated me. But now that I know you didn't I feel relieved and happy. To me it's just okay to have some seconds of you smiling to me. That would give me life again. Let's stop with all this crap. We'll find a solution to everything. I promise you" she kept on crying till when she got asleep. I watched her sleeping. She looked like a princess. I caressed her cheek and whispered to her

"I love you Krystal"  then, I fell asleep too.

I woke up suddenly. I watched my wristwatch. It was 9 o' clock. I got up being careful not to wake her up. I started moving around the room looking for something that could help to get to the window so we could have been able to escape. 

 

 

KRYSTAL

 

When I woke up it was darker so it had to be night. I saw Amber who was placing some benches under a window.

"What are you doing?" I asked still asleep

"I might found a way to escape. We just need to create a human scale" She said and I could understand from her voice she was embarassed. I got red too, but luckly it was dark so she couldn't see. It had been a lot since when I last touched her and she touched me so I was kind of agitated. Also when she hugged me, my heart couldn't stop beating fast and I felt asleep lulled by her smell and thinking that now I had to smell her again, made me more excited. I was afraid to touch her. When we were in front of each other my heart started beating faster and faster that I thougth it could explode. I could smell her perfume and it overwhelmed me. We went on top of the benches. When she touched me to put me in her shoulders I felt chills all over my body. I managed to open the window but we failed thrice. We decided to try once again to go out and finally we made it. We fell on the ground and immediatly got up. We ran towards the exit laughing like crazy. It seemed like we had gone back with the time. I felt free. We ran all the way to the subway managing to get in the last one of that evening. We were sat next to each other. I still could smell her. It made me lose my mind. We stayed in silence all the time. When we were almost arrived to my stop she asked me if she could accompany  me to my house so she would have felt more secure that I was safe since it was dark. 

"Id' like to, thank you. But you know what happens if we are seen together..." I said sadly

"Yes, you're right... " she answered disappointed

"How do we behave at school?" I asked as if we were a couple that had just got together and she read my mind

"Well, we're not a couple so... anyway we can talk only when your sister or her friends are not around"

"We should have our place to go when we want to talk..." I suggested more embarassed because it really seemed we were together again

"You're right... What do you think about the roof?"

"No, my sister goes there too sometimes..."

"Oh damn!" I was squeezing my brain in order to find a place. Then my mind brightened "Bingo!! Let's go to the gym, no one ever goes there"

"You're a genius" I celebrated the idea clapping. The subway stopped. It was time for me to get down. I didn't want to. I looked at Amber with a melancholic smile.

"I gotta go. See you tomorrow to the gym. I'll wait for you"

"I'll be there" She said with the same melancholic smile. As I got down the train I waved to her watching the subway taking her away from me.

When I got home it was 10 and thirty. I went to the living room where all my family were sat there with a police agent. They came to me crying and hugging me.

"Oh my God!! We were so preoccupied! Where have you been? We've also called the police to find you! We thought something bad had happened!!" They thanked the police agent who went out calling his colleagues to tell them everything was alright. Meanwhile I expained them what happened trying to calm them. I avoided the part I was with Amber but I said just I was with a classmate. They rebuked me for this, that and blah blah. Then my mother prepared something to eat. When I was eating, they told me goodnight while Jessica remained with me. I knew she wanted something from me. As I started eating she started talking

"Who were you with?"

"I told you, I was with a classmate."

"I don't believe you. You have strange light in your eyes. Who was your classmate?"

"A girl"

"Were you with Amber?" I choked with the food. She gave me some water to drink. "Answer"

"No, I wasn't with her"

"I hope for you it's the truth. You know I would find it out. You don't want her father to lose his job right? And you don't want to anticipate your wedding right? Stay far away from her and everything will go to the rigth direction. Well goodnight sis" She gave a kiss on my forhead. When she went upstair I could feel my anger growing up always more and my eyes got watery. How can be someone that mean? Why they can't understand? What's wrong with me and Amber? Is it wrong for two girls to stay together?  I didn't know how to make them understand that there was nothing wrong. But they kept on telling me that who loves someone of the same is possessed by a devil. How can be this real? How can a thing so beautiful like love be created by some devils? I could not believe to them, I didn't want to think it was true. It was impossible. When I finished my dinner I went to sleep. But that night I couldn't sleep. Someone was in my mind and I could not get her out from it. And I didn't want to get her out of my mind. I would keep her, hidden in my most beautiful memories. I fell asleep with with a smile.

 

 

_Hi everyone! Here's the sixth chapter!! Thank you for readinf and for you comments. Stay tuned for more! I'll update as soon as I can. I hope you enjoyed this chapter too!! Let me know in the comments below. What do you think will happen next?? Have a wonderful day xoxo_