Not Everything is as it Seems...

Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Kyungsoo's run in with Catepillar and the Pidgeon Fiasco, he picked up where he left off in his little journey to no where in particular. It had taken him another whole hour to follow the path laid out before him out of forest. Once he had broken through the trees he paused to take in the little clearing that he had come across. It was wide, with thick emerald grass mixed with splotches of colorful wildflowers. The narrow footpath cutting straight through the center of it. The sky was a clear powder blue with little puffs of fluffy white clouds. The soft chittering of woodland rodents and tweeting sparrows filled the quaint scenery with a soothing sound of nature. 

Kyungsoo smiled briefly as he walked through the field. He caught sight of several little rabbits as he strolled leisurely along the path. The sun dwindling in the west as it was late in the afternoon, nearly five. Kyungsoo's stomach growled from hunger. He sighed before looking up, catching sight of a small house. It was a pretty little stone house, with a thatch roof and a small garden in front of it. Kyungsoo scurried to the front door, hoping for someone to answer when he rapped a swift rythmn against the dark oak frame. 

Rat-a-tat-tat! His knuckles knocked against the door.

"Who is it?" a woman's voice called from somewhere in the building. Kyungsoo cleared his throat before replying. 

"Uh, my name is Kyungsoo ma'am. I was wondering if you... possibly had room for the night?" Kyungsoo inquired politely. There was silence, then the door opened wide to reveal a woman in fine clothing holding a baby, swadled in what looked like silk. She had dark hair, pulled back in a firm updo and a haughty scowl on her fair face. She looked like Soojung, but with a bigger nose and a mole below her left eye.

"Why should I let you stay here?" she said, her voice slightly menacing, as she rocked her babe. 

"I can cook for you, and take care of your child." Kyungsoo offered, since he had no money to offer her. She eyed him, contemplating his words.

"Hmph, very well. I have to attend a croquet game at the Queen's gardens anyways. You may stay for the night. Here." She said decisively as she shoved the baby into Kyungsoo's arms. She dragged him inside before he could look at the baby. "Can you clean? Good, you will cook yourself food, you will clean the living room and kitchen, and you will put Fredderick to bed. Am I understood?"

"Y-yes ma'am." Kyungsoo was shocked at her authority. She nodded with a slight smirk before disappearing out the door, slamming it behind her. Kyungsoo sighed before setting the baby in a cradle so he could go feed himself, then start in on his chores. 

There really hadn't been much for him to cook with- and there had also been a pot full of boiling water that a cook was grumpily dumping bags of pepper into- so he ended up having a small batch of biscuits. He cleaned up the kithcen, then made his way to the living room where Fredderick was still resting in the cradle. Odd, Kyungsoo thought as he approached the cradle. The baby had squirmed a little in his arms, earlier, but had not made a peep. He slowly uncovered the baby's face, only to reel back in shock.

Fredderick was no baby. He was a pig! Kyungsoo held the pig out at arm's length as it began to squirm violently. 

"Alright, alright!" Kyungsoo grunted as he unwravelled the swine and let it loose. 

Sqqqquuueeeeeeeeiiiiii! It squelled as it ran off somewhere in the house. The Catepillar was right, Kyungsoo was gullible and a pushover. With a frown marring his face, Kyungsoo sat down on one of the leather cushions of a couch. It was probably almost dark by now, Kyungsoo might as well get some sleep. 

So, the young man leaned back against the couch and promptly fell asleep. The day had been long and exhausting for Kyungsoo, and he just wanted to sleep. His dream was filled with confused bunnies and sassy catepillars floating on clouds of multi colored smoke. Harsh words were echoing in his mind as he twisted and squirmed on the couch in his sleep. 

When Kyungsoo awoke, the room was light with sunlight- it was morning. He sat up and stretched the stiff muscles in his back and arms. His joints cracking as his raised his arms above his head while yawning. 

"Good morning." a voice purred from across the living room. Kyungsoo yelped and fell off the couch in shock. There sitting in a dark red chair was a tall man with silver hair and a wide, creepy smile. He was dressed in a dark blue suit with white pin stripes and black dress shoes. His eyes glowed an eerie topaz, atop his head were two large, dark purple, cat ears, and resting on his lap was a long purple and fuscia striped cat tail to match them. 

"Who are you!? How did you get in here?" Kyungsoo squeaked out embarrassingly. The cat man's smile widened (if that was even possible!) as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his long, lanky legs. 

"I am the Cheshire Cat! He heuehe!" He giggled at the end. His eye twitched slightly, making his wide smile not so... sane looking. "Things aren't always as they seem. Especially here in Wonderland." Cheshire Cat had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter