There's No Difference Between Nice and Push Over

Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whooooo arrre yoooouuu?" The bug boy said as his gaze fell heavily on Kyungsoo. His sharp eyes seemed to be ablazed with a fierce judgement.

"I'm Kyungsoo, sir. Who might you be?" Kyungsoo replied, somewhat surprised at the disinterested sarcasm that dripped from the cat-faced bug boy's lazy voice. The multi-limbed man cocked a brow with a slight scowl at Kyungsoo's words.

"Whoooo I am isss noooot immpoorrrtant. Whhhhooooo are yooooouuuu?" The judgmental... Catepillar, Kyungsoo decided, scowled sassily as he leaned back on his dark purple leaf. Kyungsoo felt a little afronted at the rudeness being thrown at him. He had never, in his life, seen someone be so bluntly despicable towards another person, let alone himself. People of his class were taught to be subtle.

"I-I told you, already. I'm Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo winced at the stutter. His nerves were faltering. The Catepillar scoffed in annoyance as he took another drag on his hookah. 

"Puuh-leeeasse, I don't waaant yooour name. Whooo ARE yoooouuu?" with each airy syllable that passed through the cat-like lips, letters formed words out of multi-colored smoke, infasizing the repeated question. Kyungsoo coughed at the slightly sweet smelling smoke that was puffed into his face. 

"Uh... I-I don't know?" Kyugnsoo squeaked. Catepillar's scowl deepened, his glare full of disgust. His look intimidated Kyungsoo into stuttering out "I'm n-nice?"

"Huhmmm... Dooon't you knooow, boyyy, there is nooo differenccccce between being niiicccce and being a pushoverrrr." Catepillar smirked as he leaned foreward and puffed a bright yellow cloud of smoke. His airy voice full of subtle malice towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt himself shrink back, afronted at his hidden insult.

"I'm not a pushover." Kyungsoo mumbled, his plush lips drawing into a pout. A choked cackle exploded from Catepiller's throat, his adam's apple bobbing and eyes crinkling up at the corners. Even though he was blue skinned, had two extra pairs of arms and legs, and had the bitter, sarcastic sass of an old, flea-bitten cat. 

"O-hoooo rrreeallllyyyy? Then you arrrre gullllible." Catepiller said, leaning back with his nose upturned. His smouldering eyes daring Kyungsoo to defy his assumptions. So Kyungsoo swallowed back his nerves and held his head high. To be honest, this felt like everytime he had to be in his father's presence, especially after his mother's death. Kyungsoo had never stood up to his father though. That's why he was engaged to a stranger. 

"Yes! There's more to me than being nice. Which, there is a difference between being a pu-" Catepillar cut Kyungsoo off with a puff of smoke. 

"Ohhh deearrryyy, yoooouuuu arrrre a pushooovvveeeerrrr." Catepiller smirked condensendingly. Kyungsoo felt anger rising within him. He was so frustrated beyond words. He could feel blood rushing through his cheeks. "Doooon't denyyy it. You'rrrre huheeerrree becauussse you felllt commpeeeellled to heelp White Rabbit, eeeven though you had noooo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter