Croquet at Five PM Sharp

Love Me Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in the dark forest of multi-colored trees, Kyungsoo wandered down a new path, completely lost and hoplessly confused. It seemed every which way he turned the path would change. "Oh, foo on the rabbit, I want to go home." Kyungsoo grouched as he marched deeper into the darkening woods. But, as time passed, Kyungsoo became lost in the Tulgey Woods."Hello! Anyone? Please help me." Kyungsoo pleaded into the empty forest. But, no one answered his cries. 

'Hoooo! Hooo HOOOooo!' Kyungsoo jumped as an owl flew past him, an accordian owl. He stumbled over a root and stepped on a horn duck, who honked and caused all her little horn ducklings to jump up and waddle for the water not far away. 

"S-sorry!" Kyungsoo stuttered as the mother looked over her shoulder and glared at him. He saw many strange things, none of which helped him until he came upon the mome raths. Little colorful tuffs with legs that pointed him to a path. He hurried excitedly down the path, full of hope once more. "What!?" his travelling came to a halt, though, when a broom dog came towards him, sweeping away the path. When it came to him, it stepped around him and continued sweeping up the path. Now Kyungsoo had no way of turning around. "W-well, when one is l-lost, they should stay in one spot so that help can come q-quickly." Kyungsoo stuttered, quite upset now. He made himself at home upon a large stump in the middle of a gloomy clearing, gently gnawing his lower lip as he tucked his legs underneath him. "I give myself very good advice.... but, I very seldom listen to it. I went along my merry way, and now I've to pay the price." Kyungsoo muttered to himself. "No one will think to even look for me here." 

It seemed, though, that young Kyungsoo didn't have to wait as long as he had imagined. 

Twas Brillig
And the slivy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe!

Kyungsoo turned around, the familiar song, sang by a familiar voice seemed almost surreal as Kyungsoo watch the Cheshire Cat fade into sight, sitting in the fork of a tree. 

"Cheshire!" Kyungsoo cheered as he stood up. He was fully facing the cat man now. "It's you!" glowing eyes and large grin and all.

"Ohmmmm... Did you expect the... White rabbit?" Cheshire inquired as he formed his purple cat ears into temporary rabbit ear.

"Oh, no no no. I'm done with rabbits. I want to go home! But, I can't find my way." Kyungsoo's wide eyes were wet with unshed tears, his lips forming a pout. 

"Naturally! That's because you have no way." Cheshire explained, as if it were common knowledge. He perked up, eyes sparkling. "All ways, are the Queen's way."

"The Queen?" Kyungsoo had no recollection of meeting a queen. "But, I haven't met any queen." 

"You haven't! Oh, you must! Hell be just MAD about you." Cheshire grinned knowingly. Cheshire giggled leaning back slgihtly.

"He?" Kyungsoo muttered, but, really what could he expect anymore. It was all mad here. Cheshire began to sing once more, fading out of existence. "Please please! Which way do I get to the Queen?" 

"Welllll.... Some go this way." Cheshire pointed to the right. " Some that way. " He pointed to the left before plopping down once more. "But, as for me, I perfer to take the short cut." He grinned as he reached up with his long arm and wrapping his fingers around a branch and tugging it down like a lever. A door beneath him, apart of the tree trunk, fell down, much like a drawbridge.

"Oh!" Kyungsoo stepped up onto the door. He could see a castle in the distance, surrounded by large shrubs. It was sunny, too. Kyungsoo crept through the opening cautiously. He was shoved onto the path, though, when the door slammed shut behind him. "Well, okay." 

Kyungsoo soon discovered that  the shrubbery was actually a large maze surrounding the castle. He continued taking turns, hoping that he would eventually find his way, or someone who knew it. 

"Ah!" Kyungsoo jumped as a splatter of bright red paint landed on the ground in front of him. 

Painting the roses red!
We're painting the roses red!
We dare not stop
Or waste a drop
So let the paint be spread
We're painting the roses red
We're painting the roses red!

Kyungsoo was quite astonished to find himself watched three cards dancing about as they painted beautiful white roses red. It was the ace, deuce, and three of clubs. 

Oh, painting the roses red
And many a tear we shed
Because we know
They'll cease to grow
In fact, they'll soon be dead!
And yet we go ahead
Painting the roses red!

Why would they do that? Kyungsoo thought to himself.

Painting the roses red
Painting the ros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter