Never Too Late.

300 Into the Future

 

Thank you sweethearts for your honest feedbacks!​

I'll consider the daragon idea seriously, and don't worry,

I at multi-tasking so I'll definitely finish this one before I begin on a new one!


​[-]
 
  The trained stallion halted to a stop silently along the streets of the dark, moonless street that is now emptied of people. A figure leaped down swiftly from it and began his sprint towards his target that are beyond the well-polished marble fence. Breathing heavily, he stuck his ear on the marble and made sure that there were no patroling soldiers beyond the wall. The other side was silent.
 
  The nobleman took some steps back and surveyed his surrounding. He has his sources within the palace, and he knows that his suspicions that the former King's death was no accident were based more on facts than myth. If his information from the palace was correct, the only one that can prove the truth would be in grave danger. He has to get him out no matter what conditions.
 
  The man renewed the determination in his eyes. Taking a few leaps foward, he jumped and grabbed the ledge of the marble with his hands and heaved himself over effortlessly. The courtyard was empty and there was not a soul in sight. Luck was oddly on his side and he shook off the uneasiness of how easily he had penetrated into the palace ground and took off. There isn't anytime to lose. All he can do now is to remind himself to watch out for his surroundings and be extra careful.
 
  He was familiar with the layout of the palace and he easily entered the complex behind the Royal Chambers. Again, it was a ghost town. Not even a single palace lady was awake. Even though he knows that they served the Royal Chambers instead of the ministers' complex, it was still  unsettling of how eerie the atmosphere is. He heard of how the New King is growing more and more eccentric and dangerous and he had heard of that poor palace maid that was executed for breaking one of the porcelain roses in the greenhouse while cleaning them.
 
  The shadow had reached the pair of rice paper doors. He inhaled sharply, pressing his hands slowly on either side of the door. He could feel his heart rate increase sharply. Biting down on his jaw, the nobleman ripped the doors open. 

  The royal physician was slumped on his working desk. D​​ead.

  He was too late.

  Aghasted, the intruder padded slowly to the side of the body. It was still warm. A line of dark colored blood was still trickling from the corner of the physician's lips and a small puddle of the same liquid has already assimilated below the desk where he was slopped upon. If the physician had not died that long ago, why did the person who had him poison just leave his body out in the open like that? Unless... his motive was to allow his dead body to be discovered...?

  Realising that, the figure swung around, his hand flying simultaneously for his weapon in his robes but it was futile; he froze before he could reach it. 

  Infront of him, there were 10 bows or so with the tips of their arrows aimed straight at him.

  The intruder tightened his jaw, but he remained his ground.
 
  Behind the poised soldiers the new King, Taeil, emerged. With a smirk on his face, he held up the golden cup in between his fingers which held the drugged wine that killed the royal physician as if he is toasting the man infront of him. His eyes were burning with an insane gleam.
 
  "You're late, Seungri."

 

  The rainy season is passing. Its barely dawn with dewdrops still lingering on the leaves and flowers but Dara was already working. She had asked for all the sick to be transferred to one single location so that they could be cared for at the same time. Initially, her proposal was met with strong protests as the people in Boseok were still skeptical to her claim that the disease weren't infectious, but it went through anyway. Watching the number of people dwindle from hundreds to fifty and now less than ten in the past two weeks was her greatest satisfaction. While Dara cooped herself within her mini hospital, her reputation has been spreading, unbeknown to Dara herself. People from all around Dal had grew to revere her. They thought she was a messenger sent from the heavens to clear the plague.

  "It must be because of us." A recovering lady with her hair tied in a bun muttered worriedly as she accepted the bowl of wormwood tea from Dara, who had been burning with fever herself.

  "I thought you had believed me long ago that it isn't contagious?" Dara smiled weakly, handing out another serving to the old man who was beside the lady.

  "You're a samaritan, young lady. How could you possibly cure something that even the physicians cannot?"

  "Do you really want to know?" Dara asked cheekily. Her audience leaned in closer. "I am actually someone from the developed past." She whispered.

  "Eyy." The lady waved her away as Dara laughed heartily at their reactions. "You must be a celestial fairy."

  "If you insist." Dara answered playfully. A fairy doesn't sound too bad. Heh.

  "Even a celestial fairy needs her rest."

  The voice sounded from behind them and Dara turned around to see the governor of the town, Donghae standing with his arms behind his back and his lips in a small curl.

 

  Dara left the patients to rest and Lee Donghae followed closely behind her.

  "Why don't you take the day to rest since you're this unwell?" The governor, who had his copper brown hair pulled back slickly into a back comb. It reminds her painfully of Jiyong. Two weeks. He never came and find her. The wound on her arm has long healed and now she waiting for the one in her heart to mend itself too.

  "If I rest, would you take care of them?" Dara asked monotonously, gesturing to the door behind her.

  The third prince tilted his head at her guts and folded his arms in amusement and interest. She's just... so odd. "Why're you so fearless?" He asked. "I see the way you speak to Seungri too. He's a prince. Aren't you afraid of being beheaded?" Donghae mused.

  Dara thought about it for a moment. So often, she had forgotten the fact that royal hierachy exists in Dal, and just because people like Seungri allows her to disregard it, not all will. "The place that I've came from believes that every human being is an equal."

  "Awesome. And where is that perfect place, if I may ask?"

  "I came from the past. I lived in 2015." Dara said seriously, looking at Donghae straight in the eyes.

  "Wicked."The latter breathed in amazement.

  Dara frowned. "You believe me?"

  "I'd believe anything from a girl I fancy." Donghae shrugged.

  Dara sighed in exasperation, running her hand through her hair. "Dong-" She paused, stopping herself. She didn't need to be reminded about manners here again. "You don't even know me, your highness."

  "I know you." The prince said, looking a little confused.

  "As in, you don't know know me."Dara explained, "You don't know me well. You don't know my personality, you don't know what I like and what I don't. You don't know who I really am and what I am like. You know me, as in you know that I exists, but you don't know me beyond that."

  Dara finishes and turns around to the basin with the towels in her hands as another spasm of coughing erupted from . She shook her head at the topic they were at ans scrubbed the towels clean. As she looked up to hang them dry, she saw the subject of her longing.

  He finally came.

  She locked eyes with Jiyong for a second and the young general was surprised to see her this pale but she looked away almost immediately, as if she blinking away tears. Dara turned around to go back into the room but Donghae had grabbed her by her arm and dragged her towards Jiyong.

  The Ice Lord's glances fleeted from his older brother to his lover, who refused to look at him again. "Hyung-" He began, but Donghae interrupted him.

  "Great timing Jiyong. I have something to tell you." Donghae said, and smirked playfully at Dara. "I heard that Miss Park is temporarily living at your residence. I don't know what is the reason for that but I want to marry her."

  "What?" Dara snapped, jerking her head up to look at the prince.​​
 
  "Hyung-"
 
  "You said I don't know you well, so I'm showing you how willing I am to." Donghae said earnestly. Dara squinted her eyes at him incredulously.
 
  "No." Jiyong blurted and the pair turned their eyes to him. Clenching his fists, Jiyong looked up with a fierce glare in his eyes. "Dara is my woman."
 
  "How shall we settle this? I like her too, Jiyong." Donghae retaliated. D​ara diverted her bewildered gaze back to Donghae again, her eyes popping at the shock of his random announcement. He is insane, and she should probably tell him that regardless of the fact that her head might roll at such a comment.
 
  Jiyong too frowned in disbelief at his brother before grabbing Dara's hand. "She's coming back to Fire with me, Hyung."
 
  Without waiting for his brother to reply, Jiyong pulled an equally mortified Dara away. They went past the building to the back of it before Dara loosened her hand from his and walked directly into her room from the back door of the recuperate clinic.
 
  Jiyong sighed, his shoulders slacking at her cold response to him. She had always been so bubbly and happy and he should've treasured and appreciated that more. He should've done more to keep that smile on her face. Slightly nervous, he followed her in.
 
  She stood infront of her drawers with her back facing him, her hands twisting the towels that she haven't got the time to hang.
 
  He started towards her, but she whispered, stopping him in his tracks.
 
  "Took you long enough to come."

  Jiyong swallowed and resumed his steps until he was directly behind her, and wrapped his arms around her before digging his chin into her shoulder, taking in her scent. Two weeks. It had been too unbearably long.

  Dara felt her breath hitched in as the damn tears welled up in her eyes again.

  "I'm sorry it took me this long to find the courage to say sorry." Jiyong mumbled, his eyes closed.

  Dara started to cry silently.

  Sensing that, Jiyong pulled her around to face him, frowning at the sight of her helplessly trying to stop herself. He bent down and cupped her face in his hands.

  "Don't." He said, seemingly at a loss too as he wiped her tears away with his thumbs. "Don't cry."

  "I hate you, you know that?" Dara choked out.

  "I know, I know." Jiyong stammered, pulling her into his chest. "I know."

  "I hate you."

  Jiyong shook his head that was buried in her neck once again, but he felt her burning skin.

  "Did you caught the plague?" Jiyong asked, horrified.

  Dara glared at him with her watery eyes. Now he cares.

  "I know how to heal myself." Dara said spitefully, turning around, but Jiyong caught her again with his arms, locking her in his chest before she could escape.

  "I'm so sorry, Dara. Don't leave me again." He begged.

  "I gave you so many chances Jiyong. I was so tired." Dara let out.

  "I'm not good with saying what I mean and I thought you know that Dara." Jiyong admitted.

  "I saw the Princess hugging you and the next thing that happened was that you went off to Pyul without telling me why. How am I supposed to feel?"

  "There's nothing going on between the Princess and I." Jiyong said.

  "You have to say it for me to know that, Jiyong." Dara sighed. " I would believe anything you said, but you don't even tell me anything at all."

  Jiyong nodded, his thumb the faded scar on her forearm.

  "I didn't mean to hurt you Dara."

  Dara glanced down at her arm. It doesn't even hurt anymore. "I know." She whispered. "Don't get into fights again."

  "Getting into fights is a part of my job." Jiyong said, smiling a little and Dara flashed him a glower.

  "I won't hurt you again." He promised, pulling a strand of her hair behind her ears.

  "I hope so, or I should just go back to my own-" Dara murmured, but Jiyong inhaled sharply.

  "Don't say it. You know how ing scared I am about that." Jiyong said seriously.

  Dara lifted the corner of her pale lips and she looked up at him. "Say it."

  "Say what?"

  She puckered her lips.

  "Oh. That." Jiyong laughed a little, "I missed you." He sighed, crushing her in his arms.

  "Not that." Dara protested, struggling away from his chest.

  He looked down at his girl with a confused exppresion. She was waiting cutely for his answer, looking more and more furious as the seconds tick by.

  Is It THat hard to say the "L" word????????​

  "Lets go home now...?" Jiyong tried again, raising a brow nervously.​
 
  Dara huffed. "Never mind, I'm going to tend to my patients now."
 
  "Aren't we going home?" Jiyong called out.
 

  "Go home yourself!" Dara answered loudly, going out of her room with a fresh basin of water, leaving Jiyong somewhat relieved and confused.

 


​Yahuuuuuuuu

Happy Lunar New Year Everyone!!!!!!

LEave your comments below!