What's a boyfriend supposed to be?

300 Into the Future

Hihi!

Had been productive this week, I've updated an epilogue on Legally Engaged

and a chapter of Let Me Tell You Love is Real.

Too much melodrama has been going on here, so lets refresh with a little ty fluff.

Boo yah!

 


 

  

  The sun peeked through the tinted, translucent windows and casted a soft, warm glow on the crown of the sleeping couple's heads. The boy woke up first, scrunching his face slightly from the uncomfortable warmth, finding it hard to lift his eyelids as he pulled the girl who's already in his arms, still fast asleep, closer to himself. What happened yesterday felt like a bad dream. The intrusion of that memory leaked into his semi-awaken mind and he slowly opened his eyes, unable to fall back to sleep anymore. Jiyong stared at the sleeping Dara. What happened yesterday, that moment of near insanity he felt when he thought he lost her, really felt like a nightmare he would never want to relish, until the part when she admitted that she loves him too and promised him to stay.

  Dara was still peacefully in dreamland, oblivious to her awoken lover that's tracing each and every inch of her face with his eyes that are filled with adoration. Her eyelids were shut, her long, feminine lashes framing her eyes. Her breathing was deep and relaxed, so peaceful that it made Jiyong feel safe just by lying right next to her like this. His eyes wandered from her face to her sleeping figure. Her body was still except for the rhythmic rising and falling of her chest as with each inhale and exhale. 

  God, he's so in love with her.

  Dara stirred and her eyelids fluttered open, a soft moan escaping her lips which sent a jolt of electricity down his spine that he hasn't felt before. Her eyes searched the unfamiliar room of Seungri's house that she still wasn't used to until they found Jiyong, and her lips broke into a small smile. 

  This moment of bliss was all she wanted when she made her choice.

  She gazed at Jiyong who crinkled his eyes at her, his hair messy against the pillow, his arms holding her. 

  "Are we going to do anything today?" Dara asked softly, and Jiyong shook his head.

  "Let's lie here all day."

  That's more than fine with her.

  Him and her, just there, together, away from all the noises of the world, just the two of them.

  "I guess I can call you my boyfriend now." Dara murmured, snuggling her head into Jiyong's chest.

  "What's that?" Jiyong quiried. Nothing has changed. He still occasionally doesn't understand the words she uses sometimes, but he guess that's her dialect back home. It's okay if he doesn't, he knows he's ready to learn, to ask, and one day, he'll be the only one here that understands every single thing about this woman, more than anyone in this world.

  "It means.. you're that someone I'm in love with. Someone that loves me and someone that protects me. Someone who's mine and someone who I belong to." 

  "You're mine..." Jiyong said slowly, rather liking the way this boyfriend thing works. 

  "My boyfriend is a general." Dara said in awe. "A prince literally."

  "Why? You've got any problems with that?" Jiyong teased, gazing down at Dara, who simply smiled sheepishly.

  "It's just a little overwhelming." She admitted.

  Jiyong stared at her before slowly inching his face downwards and Dara responded by tilting her chin up where their lips caught hold together. Her lips were soft and his tasted like melted caramel. He lifted his hand to her cheek and she gripped him even tighter. The love in his lips were always the same but this time there was something different. They were more hurried, more urgent and it didn't take long before he broke through her line of defence and gain access into . She felt her breath hitch in as he slid himself away from her. She widened her eyes as he did, not wanting him to move away, but his mouth stayed at the same place and he only shifted himself slightly so that he was hovering about her, his hand now gliding up to tangle itself in her soft, brown hair.

  The feeling of pleasure was indescribable. It was the sort of energy and breathlessness that felt good. A soft moan escaped and he thought its going to drive him crazy. He surpressed himself from letting his lower body touch hers even though who knows why by now they'r'e still fully clothed but he couldn't help his hands that were wandering down to cup over her s. She gasped and squirmed as he did, but it wasn't in discomfort. His lips left hers and her body instintively protested with another moan, but he didn't just stop there. Instead, he started to plant butterfly kisses by the edge of to her chin, slow at first, then increasing in speed as they trailed down her neck. It was a fluttery sensation. They never stayed on her skin long enough for her to realise that they're there before they're gone. How is he so good at this? Dara bit her lips together, embarrassed by all the involuntary noises she's making as she tightened her hold on his back, her nails unknowingly digging into his skin. 

  Jiyong slowed down to nuzzle by the crook of her neck, and leaving his marks. Her breathing was getting shorter and shorter. He stopped just at where her loose sleeping blouse was and looked at her for permission, his pupils dilated and aroused. She gave a tight nod, her fingers shakily undoing the robes from her waist before he stopped them by grabbing them, prying her trembling hands away from herself and unknotted the ribbon in one tug. She felt his hands roaming her chest and she long to cry out, but she was bitting on her lips so hard that they had turned white.

  In a hazy and foggy attempt to focus her mind, she realised his lips were on her own ones again, kissing them gently.

  "Don't do that. You'll bleed." His voice deep and close to a growl but evident with his attempt to keep himself in control too. His lips were so close to her as he spoke that she could've felt every word he said without hearing them, and as soon as she unlocked her lips, another moan escaped them.

  "Don't stop." Jiyong muttered, before moving his lips back down again, kissing her at every single spot that felt like a torturing pleasure. 

  He was wondering how far is he going to go and he'd better stop now before he loses control. By now so far she's the one in pleasure while there isn't any way to soothe his . He doesn't want to hurt her. At least that thought is still standing strong in his mind while any other earthly thoughts fled away. He continued to tease and trace his lips down her collarbones to the gentle slope on her chest and-

 

  KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

  Dara gasped as her eyelids sprang open, pushing Jiyong off as she sat upright immediately in alarm, her fingers fiddling to dress herself up. Stunned and in a daze, Jiyong got up too and pulled Dara to him so that he could tie her blouse back because all her fingers seem to do is shake. 

  "HYUNG!"

  Jiyong groaned, running his hands in his hair before rubbing his face. He swears he'll kill that punk.

  "HYUNG, WAKE UP." Seungri urgent rapping on the door was paired with his serious and anxious tone. Cussing, Jiyong got off the bed and pulled his feet towards the door, unlocked them,  before forcefully pulling them apart.

  "WHAT?" Jiyong said irritably.

  But Seungri looked pale, and already dressed in his ull formal attire. The attire he dressed in when they attended the ball. The attire that identified him as a son of the King. Inside the room, Dara peeked out, her face flushed and red, and could immediately tell that something was off.

  "Father is dead." Seungri said in a horrified voice, as Jiyong's expression loosened and his hand on the frame of the door slid off. 


  


  Jiyong had insisted that Dara would follow them along although she has no idea why she would be needed in such a private affair like this. While Seungri's shock was blatant, evident in his red rimmed eyes and his demeanor that is now free of any signs of his usual jokes and play, Jiyong was eerily unresponsive. Dara knew that Jiyong didn't share that great of a relationship with his father, but not to the extend that he hadn't shed a single tear or said anything much about his sudden demise.
  
  It's Dara's first time travelling to the capitol since the ball. They went by the same route, with Jiyong and Seungri riding two stallions with equal proficiency and skills. Only that this time, Dara was behind Jiyong instead of the latter. They said the King suffered a sudden bout of heart pain and collapsed. The wake is held in the capitol, and again, Jiyong haven't commented much, which worries Dara. Even though she would consider them being quite close emotionally (and physically, now. INTENSE BLUSHING), she didn't quite knew how to comfort him. She remembered that when she lost her own parents to the fatal plane crash, she wailed so bad that she couldn't differentiate between her tears and snot. But then again, everyone has their own, different way to deal with these things, she thought, and tightened her arms around Jiyong's waist as he picked up the speed.

   "Why're you so quiet, hmm?" Dara had barely just rested her cheek on J's back when he spoke. 

   "Eh?" Dara raised her head again. Jiyong did not turn around to look at her.  

   "Worried for me?" Jiyong asked, his voice light.

   Dara stayed silent. It would be better to let him talk.
  
   "Don't be, I've been through worse." Jiyong commented grimly, "I'm just thinking of how that kid is taking it, though." He admitted, nudging his chin to the direction of his younger counterpart, who's riding slightly ahead of them. "That kid used to be close to him. The King. I never did. It's sort of... hard to like someone who had loved your mother so hard that it killed her. But the both of us left him after that winter, where our older hyung died."

   "Why?" Dara probed.
  
   She felt him take in a sharp intake of air.
 
   "He betrayed us. He betrayed us the moment he decides not to investigate the cause of Seunghyun hyung's death. He knows who killed him but he didn't dish out the punishment that those people deserved." Jiyong said in a quiet voice, his tone now laced with a thin anger.

   "But he's still your dad." Dara muttered.

   "That's why we're on this horse now." Jiyong sighed.

   

   White sheets and drapes were hung everywhere in the capitol. Every capitol resident, all among the richest in the kingdom, were dressed in similar black outfit. The air was oozing with mourning and solemnity. People hurried about without speaking to each other. Dara took in the scene with aa half amazed, half horrified expression while J's face remained straight and passive as they rode straight into the palace.


   Unlike the lucrative decorations put up during the ball, the palace was masked in a haze of an equal darkness and gloom, if not heavier. White strips of silk with the chinese word "grief" was hand sewn onto all of them, and they draped from the golden roof to the ground. 

  Jiyong leaped off the horse as it halted and helped Dara off without any word. Together, with his younger brother leading, they stepped into the Supreme Hall, where a wake is being held. The former Queen, Seunghyun hyung's mother, sat at the side without much expression. Her eyes simply looked dull and dead, nothing like how a pair of eyes would look after crying. On the side, Lady Kim, who is the new Queen Dowager, sat in her impressive, snow white hanbok, dabbing the corner of her eyes with a silk hankerchief with porcelain flowers embroided on them. She caught sight of Dara's furrowed brows at her hankerchief and returned her a watery smile.

  Only that it didn't seem smiley at all.

  Disturbed, Dara quickly looked away and caught up with Jiyong, who had arrived at the front of the coffin. There was no glass pane, no nothing to allow mourners to catch a glimpse of the deceased. 

  "My brothers, you both are the last before our full attendance." Crown Prince Taeil, who they had heard is now automonously named King after their former one died suddenly, addressed. Dara looked around the hall, recognising a man that seungri had introduced to be the royal physician being present, while another unknown man sat somberly on the benches.

  He didn't much older than Jiyong, and shared the same striking sharp features that all the rest of the three brothers have. He looked up and met Dara's gaze, his eyes masked by a shutter that Dara had seen in Jiyong's eyes too. He had copper brown hair, unlike the jet black one that Seungri had, or the crimson red one that Jiyong owns. She supposed that is their third brother, their older brother and Taeil's younger brother that she has never met.

  "I see you brought Miss Dara too." The new King commented skeptically, raising a brow. "I must remind you that this is a rather private family affair, forth brother."

  "I'll get to that later, but first, why is the casket closed." Jiyong remarked.

  "Unfortunately to say, when our father collapsed, he had hit his head on the sharp end of his working desk. It does not seem respectful to present him to gawking eyes like that." The King sighs heavily.

  Seungri narrowed his eyes.
  
  "I want to see it."

  "'I want to see it, your majesty'." Taeil corrected pleasantly, as if he's correcting a child patiently. "Suit yourself." He said, gesturing to the coffin.

  The two brother stepped forward while Dara chose to remain her spot while the new Dal King surveyed her. But besides tat, she had the feeling of being watched elsewhere, somewhere from the direction of behind her.

  Seungri slid the upper part of the coffin off and they stared into the pale face of the former King, who was resting on a dark, crimson red velvet bedding. Kim Taeil was right. The crown of the King's forehead was disfigured by an angry, wound that never got a chance to heal.

  Dara waited as Jiyong and Seungri headed back down ater viewing the casket. She waited for confirmation, and Jiyong held her gaze for a moment before dropping it, confirming the truth they already know. The King is indeed gone.

  Dara remembers the first time she saw the King in the Kwon's residence, with Princess Kiko. Although autoratarian, the eyes he had for Jiyong's cold ones were ones that were hopeful of ever penetration that defence.
  
  "Now brothers, let us counsel." The King announced, and behind Dara there was a scraping of chairs as the other remianing brother made his way forward. He passed by Dara with a small glance at her, and she shifted back, feeling like an intruder, but Jiyong grabbed her wrist tightly. 

  "You can stay, Miss Dara, since our dear brother seems to trust you so much, there's no reason we should not." The King smile wryly, making Dara swallow. "You must not have met our third brother. Here, this is Donghae, the governor of Boseok city." 

  Dara has heard of the wealthy Boseok City. In fact, only the capitol in the whole of Dal is richer than it. She gave a low bow while Prince Donghae remained motionless, his eyes intently fixated on Dara. After a second of awkward silence, he bowed his head slightly. The King went on.

  "As you all must know, as the Crown Prince of this Kingdom, the sudden crisis of losing our King has put on a heavy responsibility on my shoulder, and I have no choice but to accept the throne faster than we all expected, without the proper coronation ceremony. A first in our history. That is why, I would require your help, my brothers, in leading this Kingdom to further heights."

  Dara sneaked a glance at Seungri, who almost rolled his eyes.
 
  "Secondly," The young King continued smoothly, turning to Jiyong. "Your engagement to the Pyul Kingdom's head princess is invalid, as the King who ordered it no longer exists."

  Dara gasped, a small fire of hope and happiness lighting up inside her, before she decided that it is inappropriate for an occasion like this, and turned her gaze to Jiyong, who did not remove his stare from the King.

  "We all know where your feelings lie, anyway." The King smirked, nudging his head to the direction of Dara, irking jiyong tremendously. How dare he gesture to her.
  
   "I wasn't planning on marrying her, with or without your royal consent, hyung." Jiyong commented in a pressed voice.
 
   "Well then I would've still saved you a lot of trouble, wouldn't I?" The King said dryly.
  
   "We need that alliance with the Pyul Kingdom."

   Donghae, the quiet prince spoke up and immediately all eyes him.
 
   "I was about to address that. The Great Pyul Queen has generously decided to grant her other younger daughter to me." The King said with a small smile. Dara blinked at the random and absurd piece of news. Why would she send her own daughter to a man like this? Taeil was manipulative and cunning.

   But then no one objected or made any comments, so the King went on.

   "Also, I have decided to make peace with Taeyang." Taeil announced. Seungri advanced angrily.

   "They slaughtered our people!"

   "Yes, their former Crown Prince led the attack, and he was also killed by Jiyong, our Fire City general. This is very upsetting to the Taeyang's royal family."

   "Well if he's prepared enough to fight he should be prepared enough to die." Jiyong snarled, clearly dissatisfied with the peace treaty too.
  
   "Yes but that's not what the Taeyangs think. The King of Taeyang had called for a mass scale war while their new Crown Prince had asked for a peaceful settlement."

  The new Crown Prince... that's-

   "We'll fight if that's what they want." Seungri growled.

   "We can't fight without assuring mutual destruction. The losses are too heavy for both sides to bear. By the end of it probably only Pyul would be left standing." The King said patiently. The rest fell silent. 

   The thought of a mass war scares Dara. The massacre that night was traumatizing enough, but what if its upgraded to a scale 10 times, 100 times larger? The casualties would be everywhere. Beside, if a war really breaks out, Jiyong would be the first to be sent- no, Jiyong would be the first to volunteer to go on the front line.

   "That's why I've invited the Taeyang Crown Prince here to negotiate." The King said plainly.

   Dara blinked just as everyone did before the weigh of his words hits her and she spun around just at the same time those 3-feet tall crimson doors before them creaked open, and behind them stood a armor clad man with a crown sitting on the top of his head, accompanied by a servant. 

   Dara's insides twisted horribly.

   It's Soo Hyuk.

  

 


Boo yah Bam bam.

Something to look forward to write next week.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the  YAYY DARA HAS HER BOYFIE NOW.

This is kinda shameless, but please read one of the one shot i wrote ages ago. 
Recently dug it up and realised it was one of my better works.

You gave me everything but a Chance.
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/824948/you-gave-me-everything-but-a-chance-gdragon