Dara trapped

300 Into the Future

[Dara]

 

  "Madam? Madam?"

   I opened my eyes slowly, and the world slowly focused into view.

  "Madam, you're awake."

  "Am I at the hospital?" I mumbled groggily, sitting up. The last thing I remember was falling into the river, and then I had a strange dream where I was saved by a strange man in a strange place that they called the Dal Kingdom.

  The nurses looked at each other hesitantly. "N..no, madam, you're at Lord Kwon's residence."

  Yup, that's the name of the strange man, the one with bright red hair and wore some funny looking war gear. They actually called him "Lord", isn't that just-

  I'm at where? I shot up from the bed, looking around frantically. What sort of a hospital is this?! The bed is made of wood and the blankets and pillows are sewed in silk! In silk! And the nurses! They're dressed in a simple, white hanbok-like dress. Are they even nurses, they're-

  "We're here to serve you, madam." They said, bowing slightly.

  ?!?!!!!!!!???

  Am I still not awake?? Should I sleep more?? I plopped myself back in the bed, squeezing my eyes shut. 1...2...3...4...5! I open an eyelid hesitantly, praying that I'm somewhere, anywhere but here. But the women are still there, exchanging glances that simply said that they didn't know what was wrong with me.

  "Look, listen," I sat up again, laughing nervously to relief the tension in the room, sounding like a dying chicken. The maidens avoided my gaze, staring straight at the ground. "Is this some sort of variety show? Like uhm, just for laugh? Ahhh I know," I clapped my hands together, "this must be some hidden camera prank isn't it? What channel are you from?" They bit their lips anxiously, glancing at each other. "SBS?" I tried, "KBS? Or MBC?"

  One of them gulped and whispered to another "Should we get the Ice Lord?"

  GAHHHHHH, what kind of situation is this?????????


[-]

 

  "Hyung, are you sure we should keep her here?" Seungri asked uncertainly as they took a small stroll in the moonlight bathed courtyard. "She keeps harping about being from the the past and blabbering about things we never heard about. Rumours are starting that she practices witchcraft."

  The ice lord glared at his half brother, his hands fiddling with the hem of his sword as they walked. "A load of rubbish." He murmurs.

  "But Jiyong hyung, don't you find it suspicious? She can be a spy or an assassin from Taeyang or Pyol- I mean, she doesn't look like she's from Dal, I can guarantee it."

  "I'm assuming that knowledge comes from your collection of Dal concubines in your residence?" Jiyong teased mildly, an inkling of a smile hanging on his lips as he ruffled the younger's hair.

  "Hyung!" Seungri protested, scowling. "But we can't deny that she's really pretty, isn't she? Park Dara?" He added cheekily.

  The ice lord sighed in exasperation at his brother's remark. Park Dara... Where exactly did she come from?


 

 

  "Madam- madam please- Lord Kwon had ordered us to look after you-"

  Dara ignored the pleadings and requests from the women that had been pulling and tugging her back, preventing her from stepping a single step out of the wooden, ancient room. "Am I a prisoner?" Dara argued, "Let go of me, I need to get home!"

  The maidens protested, continuing to block the path to the exit and for a moment they looked as if they were falling down all together before Dara felt their hands off her back and she turned around in surprise.

  "It's alright, leave us." It's the same red hair that had fished her out of the water that had stepped into the room and spoke. Dara swallowed, slightly intimated by the aura of authority that he's alluding. The maidens hurried out of the room, their heads bowed to the ground.

  The ice lord surveyed the foreign girl, and the foreign girl, with all he gathered courage, stared back at the ice lord with equal intensity. Dara cleared hesitantly, breaking the wall of silence around them.

  "I wish to return to my home." Dara stated with the most haughty voice that she could manage, crossing her arms, hoping that this will at least make a statement that she is no pushover, and that she isn't afraid of whoever they are. The ice lord lifted an eyebrow amusedly, and Dara sword she almost see a bemused smile flash across his platonic, expressionless face as he mimicked her, crossing his arms. The girl' lips twitched in annoyance when he did, almost making him want to burst into laughter at her frustrated look. After all, who would've dared to show such unhappiness infront of him?

  "Do you really not know who I am or are you just acting like you don't to get my attention?" He asked, for the first time, his lips curling into a small, almost unnoticeable smirk.

  "Heol." Dara exhaled, rolling her eyes. Who does this red head think he is? Just because all these people calls him "lord" weirdly and bow down to him?

  The Ice Lord frowned. "What did you just say?"

  "I said Heol." Dara repeated in indignant, "Do you really not know what it means or are you just acting like you don't to get my attention?" Dara asked, mimicking the other while smiling triumphantly, feeling rather clever for coming up with that one.

  The Ice Lord tilted his head slightly, narrowing his eyes dangerously while slowly approaching the girl. Dara gulped, suddenly reminded by the unpleasant fact that this man carries a sword and back away slowly, her lids blinking rapidly in alarm. Her back hits something hard and before she could turn around, something slammed against the space beside her, making her jump in shock. Jiyong had trapped her between the granite and himself, a hand and a leg blocking either directions of exit. Dara swallowed, finding her nose an inch from touching his chest, and held her breath.

  She could almost feel the heat radiating off his body, heating up her face.

  "Listen well," The Ice Lord spoke, glancing down at the girl. Dara peeked up and looked back down again almost instinctively, catching nothing but how his red fringe was slightly too long, touching the edge of his chocolate brown eyes. "My name is Kwon Jiyong." The ice lord continued, deciding that he didn't want the girl to be like everyone that surrounds him, treating him with such respect and fear that he doesn't know how to get to know anyone at all.

  "Aren't you the Ice Lord or Lord Kwon?" Dara asked curiously, but as soon as Jiyong shot her a glare, she bit her lips shut.

   I should just stop talking before he stabs me to death. She thought.

  "That's what you should call me when there's people around, you'd probably get beheaded for treason if you don't, but don't call me that when we're alone in the future."

  "In the future? I'm sorry, but I have to get home-" Dara looked up instantly, blinking in surprise at  plan his statement. How long does he plans to keep her here?

  "I don't care where you are from, or where you think you're from," Jiyong cut her off loudly, ignoring her frustrated look, "but this you're in our land, the kingdom of Dal. Of course, you can try to run off," Jiyong shrugged, sounding nonchalant, "but you'd probably be arrowed to death by the boarders of either the land of Taeyang or Pyol for trespassing." He squeezed a sarcastic smile for the girl, who scowled.

  "And if I go the other way?" Away from these two places?" Dara asked grudgingly.

  "That's a good idea," Jiyong said aloud, looking enlightened, "if you want to relieve your experiences of drowning, this time in the sea." With that he smiled that annoying fake smile again, and pushed himself off the wall, turning to leave.

  "I'll find a way to go! Wherever this is! I'll go back to my time! My period! The place where I come from!" Dara shouted behind him.

  "Suit yourself, good luck." He answered, waving two fingers in the air.

  "Jerk." Dara murmured. And a few metres away from her, without turning back, the Ice Lord smiled.


 

 

HIHI! I spent forever writing chapter two. 

But that's because I actually wrote it and lost it so the

struggle with the demotivation is real.

>^<

Dal actually means "Moon" in Korean, and Taeyang the "Sun" and Pyul or Pyol means "Stars"

So I literally named the kingdoms The land of the Moon, The Land of the Sun and The Land of the Stars.

ISn't it so "Heavenly"?

get the pun?????

Anyway, thank you everyone who has been reading 

and I hope that more can subscribe, upvote and leave comments!

Till the next time we meet!! :D