Sixth Game

Endless Game

“Which one of you was it?” Dia glared suspiciously at Hoya and Woohyun, sitting across the table from her.

“Was what?” Woohyun asked, confused by the girl’s sudden hostility.

 “My photo books are gone. You two were looking through them quite happily the other day, right? Did you take them?”

“Why would we take them?” Hoya asked, surprised. The girl just sighed.

“How should I know? I hadn’t looked at them in years till you to started looking at them, and now they are gone. So I want to know what the two of you did to them.”

“Why would I do anything to them? Sure, you were cute back then,” Woohyun said, eyeing her bandages. Hoya glared at him before replying his friend:

“I don’t have them either. I wouldn’t steal from you. Maybe you should ask him,” he pointed to Xiumin, who hadn’t been paying much attention to their conversation and was talking with his girlfriend.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, confused.

“You desperately didn’t want us to look at those pictures, like you were hiding something,” Hoya accused.

“And it looked like you were in the background of some of them,” Woohyun added with a smirk.

“How could I be in pictures with her? I only met her last year. Right?” he said and Dia nodded.

“Yeah, I’d never even noticed him before Hee-Jin started liking him.”

“See, so it has nothing to do with me,” Xiumin stated once more.

“What happened, then?” Hee-Jin asked her friend. If she hadn’t looked at the pictures in years, why would she notice they were gone now?

“I think the stalker may have them,” Dia muttered.

“Did you just accuse us?” Hoya asked, clearly insulted.

“I just…” she started and sighed. “I’m just starting to see ghosts everywhere.”

“You mean the stalker is still bothering you then?” Hee-Jin asked, worry clear on her face. Dia simply nodded.

“It’s not like he does anything to actually hurt me, it’s just creepy texts,” she shrugged, trying to play it cool.

“Right, and you’re head is totally not bandaged from what that freak did to you,” Hoya said sarcastically.

“There’s no proof…” she was interrupted by Hoya again.

“Even if there’s no proof, it has to be him right? It’s too much of a coincidence for it to be someone else.”

“I guess so.”

“But he really shouldn’t do things like that. You recently changed your locks, right?” Hee-Jin asked her.

“I did. So he shouldn’t be able to get in. But my photo albums did disappear… Although I’m not sure when,” she thought out loud.

“We have to find him quickly, or else it wouldn’t be safe for you,” Hoya stated. “I still think it’s Sehun, he’s always out to get you.”

“He’s been in my class since before I even knew any of you, why would he suddenly start doing this? That makes no sense,” Dia retorted.

“But then who could it be? You first got the texts at the archery range, right? So maybe it’s someone from archery?” Hee-Jin suggested.

“And someone who got into my house. I guess I do leave my bag unattended at the archery range…” Dia agreed.

“I have your key too. Actually, I could have done everything… I’m making myself crazy now. Oh, I couldn’t have hit you with a rock, I can’t aim that well,” Hee-Jin rambled. “It’s not me, okay?”

“Of course it’s not you,” Dia replied with a smile.

“I’m telling you, it has to be Sehun, he always bullies you. Though someone from archery sounds logical, that Donghyun guy did send me away when I was watching over you. So maybe he wanted to be alone with you, because he’s the stalker?” Hoya theorized.

“But you wanted to stay alone with her too, right?” Woohyun added with a smirk.

“Just to protect her!” the boy quickly defended himself. “That’s all. I’m NOT the stalker.”

“No need to get so agitated, jeez,” Woohyun sighed.

“Guilty conscience?” Xiumin muttered quietly, but Hoya didn’t hear him.

“Let’s not argue about it… We should just try and keep a look out to see who is watching me,” Dia said simply.

“That’d be Hoya,” Woohyun grinned.

“Stop saying that!” the boy exclaimed.

“Anyone other than Hoya,” Hee-Jin commented.

“So you do agree he keeps watching her?” Xiumin muttered softly. Dia just sighed. They weren’t getting anywhere like this.

 

---------------

“Soon you guys have your new member introduction karaoke, right?” Hoya asked Dia as they walked towards their respective club activities. The girl just nodded.

“Are you sure you’re up for it? I mean, your head is still bandaged and you get headaches, right?”

“I do. I won’t go that long, I think that would be best. But I can’t skip out on such an important club event.”

“Just take care of yourself,” Hoya said and sighed. He knew he couldn’t stop her from going, no matter how much he wanted to. The girl smiled at him happily.

“I will! I always do, right?” and then turned towards the Archery range, leaving Hoya standing there, shaking his head.

“You don’t. Not at all. That’s why you’re in bandages in the first place, isn’t it?” he muttered as he started walking towards the basketball club.

 

---------------

“Oppa, let me help prepare stuff for the first years!” Dia said with a smile as she walked onto the archery range. Donghyun was already getting the bows ready.

“You look better,” he said with a smile when he looked up at her. “But don’t push yourself too much.”

“Of course not. Just let me feel useful?” she said, cocking her head to the side.

“Alright, just get the protective gear ready, so we can start right away.”

The girl nodded and started her task. It had only been a few days since the incident, so her head still hurt quite a lot. But she was getting tired of everyone worrying about her, so she had decided to keep smiling, even if she was in pain.

“What are you doing this Saturday?” Donghyun asked as they prepared everything.

“Saturday? Karaoke right? With everyone?”

“Are you really sure? Won’t your head hurt too much?”

“I’ll just be there for an hour or so, so it should be fine. An hour is enough to show everyone I’m a responsible co-captain, right?”

“You’re too responsible for the club. Be more responsible for yourself. Don’t push yourself so much!” Donghyun scolded her.

“I’ll be fine. I’m not shooting, so that’s something right?” Her reaction made him chuckle.

“You can’t shoot with one eye, you can’t see depth. That’s the only reason why you aren’t shooting yet.”

“Hehe, you caught me,” Dia admitted with a smile.

“Of course, I know my co-captain,” he replied. Not long after the other members arrived and practise started.

 

---------------

When Dia arrived at the Karaoke place, she was instantly direct towards the room the Archery club had rented. They were already there, of course. She had promised her friends she would only go for one hour, so that she wouldn’t tire herself out too much.

“Look who’s there,” Donghyun said as she entered the room.

“Is it true that Donghyun captain changed his hair so yours wouldn’t stand out as much?” one of the first years girls asked, causing Dia to laugh.

“You told them that story?” she asked him, shaking her head.

“It’s not true. He had a crush on a unni, who said she liked the hair colour. So he changed it. And then he kind of liked it, right?”

“Guilty,” the captain admitted. “But saying I did it so you’d feel better sounds a lot cooler.”

“It’s not my fault you’re not that cool, oppa,” Dia teased.

“Besides, a colour like that wouldn’t work,” a girl said and another nodded.

“Right, for her to not stand out, you’d have to go with rainbow hair or something weird like that.”

“We actually do have a weirdo like that at school,” Donghyun chuckled.

“Noona, I though you weren’t coming,” Minwoo said when Dia sat down at a free spot at his table.

“Of course I would come. I am the co-captain after all.”

“But doesn’t it make your head hurt even more?” the boy asked, a worried look in his face.

“Maybe. But I love karaoke, so I’m sure it’s worth it!” the girl said, and grabbed the machine to put a song in the waiting list.

“What are you going to sing, unni?”

Aozora no a, Kimi no Tonari,” Dia replied.

“You’re going to sing Japanese? Wow, you really are amazing, noona,” Minwoo stated.

“Not at all. I just really like that Japanese group. And it sort of fits my recent mood a bit,” she retorted.

“What is the song about?” a girl asked.

“Getting lost and being found, I guess,” Dia muttered softly. ‘Stalkers, feeling lost and not able to sleep. Being in love and feeling like things might not be so bad after all. There’s no way I can say that’

“I don’t even know what that means, unni!”

“I can’t wait to hear you sing, noona!”

“I can’t sing, though, so don’t look forward to it, okay,” she warned them with a smile. It was nice to be here, with her precious dongsaengs.

“I’m sure you’ll be fine! You are amazing, so I bet you can sing as well,” Minwoo muttered.

“I’m not amazing at all, please don’t pressure me!” Dia begged, making the boy laugh softly.

“But you are always saving me noona.”

“It was just once, and it was because I needed to get to my locker. Besides, you saved me after the mud incident, so we’re even.”

“I think it might have been more than once….”

“What do you mean?” Dia asked him, curious now.

“Well, a few years ago, some kids were bullying me and someone saved me. I used to think I had imagined it all, since, well…”

“Why would you think it was me?”

“The hair. How many people exist with your hair colour? That’s why I thought I must have dreamed the noona who came and gave me ice-cream to stop me from crying,” Minwoo explained shyly.

“Are you sure that was me? I can’t remember it at all…” Dia said hesitantly.

“I’m not sure. I told you, I thought I had imagined it. But it must be right? Since you have the orange hair and everything? I only realised this a few days ago, though,” he added.

“So you didn’t remember it that well either?”

“Not at all. It felt more like something I had imagined than as an actual memory.”

“So maybe I saved you twice,” Dia stated. “Still doesn’t make me amazing, and I still can’t sing.”

“There’s no talking with you, noona,” Minwoo pouted, making the girl smile.

“Exactly, only listening to me,” she stuck out her tongue, before focussing on the people singing again. She had always loved Donghyun’s voice, so when he started singing his song, she focussed on it completely, smiling happily. She was glad she had come here. And next weekend would be the photography club’s exhibition. Plus she hadn’t gotten any crazy texts since the picture a few days back. Maybe her life wasn’t so bad after all. She had her club, her friends, and maybe even Myungsoo, one day. Just the thought made her blush a bit.

“Noona, it’s your song, don’t just blush, sing it!” Minwoo broke through her thoughts.

“Ah, right, sorry,” she apologised.

Guru guru samayote mazatte Kurayami ni hodokete,” she started singing with a smile. She did really love this song after all. Once she was done singing, Donghyun joined her.

“You should go soon.”

“Why? I’m fine.”

“You were totally spacing out before your song came on. I bet your head hurts like crazy, it’s written all over your face,” he said strictly.

“But…” she pouted.

“No but’s, just take care of yourself and rest, okay?” he smiled gently. “You’ve done your job as co-captain. Everyone’s happy you came, even though you are hurt. Now go home and rest.”

“Alright,” she said with a sigh. He was right, after all. She felt like her head was about to burst. The music had been too loud after all.

“Are you okay walking home by yourself? I can’t leave to bring you…” Donghyun said hesitantly.

“Of course I’ll be fine. It’s not even dark outside, nothing will happen. Don’t worry too much.”

“Of course I’d worry.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you on Monday.”

“See you then. Rest well.”

“I will!”

Dia said goodbye to the others, then left the karaoke place. It was only a ten minute walk from her house and she was in a good mood. Although her head hurt a lot, she would be home soon and could go to bed then.

She awoke from her thoughts when her phone buzzed.

Not scared to walk alone today?

She instantly looked around, trying to see where the stalker could be. If he send this, he must be able to see her, right? But there was no familiar face and no one seemed to be following her even when she had continued walking again. She rushed home, locking the door behind her. Why was it that whenever she felt things were going well, the stalker seemed to return?


Author note: I'm so sorry for taking so long to update >.<; I was to busy with Spellbook of Life and my one-shots for the 25 one-shot challenge (Bittersweet Memories)

Besides that, I also graduated, moved, and am currently taking driving lessons, so I've been rather busy >.<;