Chapter 15

When will you notice?

Jiyong remembered his conversation with Dara an hour ago as he pulled his car into the driveway.

"Dara..." 

She didn't buged at all, just stared out the window. 

Still gripping the wheel, he repeated it again. "we're here." 

Nothing. 
No movement what so ever. 
She sat there with her hand playing with the hem of her skirt

"Why?" she said softly

He sat there silently, "because..."

"That's right, you don't know. You have no reason for kicking me out." she said without looking at him. 

Confused with what she's blabbering about, he responded

".... I do." he said as he slowly turning to face her. 

Shaking her head in denial, "Don't lie to yourself."

Taking her hand, "Dara.. please."

Dara turned around to face JIyong, "Remember you are not allow to leave me." 
She quickly put on a smile and leaned over to him but he cautiously avoided it and unlock the door for her. 

"You said that you love me."

With that said, she slammed the car shut and entered her house.

Jiyong quietly walked up to his room but it seems like it wasn't quiet enough as his father emerged from the master bedroom. 

"Jiyong? Where did you go?" his dad asked as he yawn

"Oh, I went to eat dinner with my friends then drove my girlfriend back home"

"So Sohee got home safely?"

Jiyong was frozen, Sohee? Why would his dad think that Sohee is his girlfriend?

Jiyong's dad realize his son's hesitation, "what?"

"Sohee.. isn't my girlfriend... " Jiyong said stressfully and turned around to go to his bedroom

Jiyong dad watch as his son walked away, should he tell Jiyong that Sohee won't be here in a few months?

The following morning was peaceful at the Ahn's household
Mom made breakfast, Dad joked around, Nichkhun played with his phone (as usual) and Sohee sat there, thinking how lucky for her to have such a happy family here in Seoul. 

"Why are you so smiley for?" Nickhun asked jokingly

"I'm just thinking about how happy I am in Seoul. I have my family, friends and school here. " Sohee said happily

As those words left , both her mom and dad didn't know how to tell her that they will be moving away soon

Breakfast went on without her parents mentioning about the move. How would they tell her? How would she react? 
On the way to school, Nichun was wondering about the same thing, a way to break the news to her but failed to do it in time as they arrived at her school

Sohee got out of the car and noticed that a lot of people were staring at her, not in an admiration or jealousy but in anger.

She was walking up the stairs and it seems like everyone was advoiding her like a plague. Not that she didn't like being alone but this was different. 

"Hey, is it true?" 

Sohee turned around and saw Yongbae with Sunye 
"About?"

"You know... that" Sunye added as she points to the body of girls surrounding Dara as she stepped in

Noticing how lost Sohee was, Yongbae explained how students all over school were saying how Sohee is having a relationship with an older man while flirting with Jiyong and threatening Dara if she tells anyone. 

Sohee was shocked, she looked over to Dara, who was crying and showered with pity. Just then Jiyong came in and saw the classroom split. 
One side was Yongbae, Sunye and Sohee and the other side was a whole mess of girls. 

one of the girls surrounding Dara noticed that Jiyong came, "Jiyong Oppa! "

The whole classroom got even louder.  

No one seems to notice a girl getting up to the blackboard and manage the most painful sound to humankind.

"SHUT UP!"

Sohee stood there with a piece of chalk in her hand, ignoring the daggers flying towards her from the student body

"You guys want to know the truth? If you do then come after school and I'll tell you."

"How do we know you're not lying?"

"Because I'm going to bring the oppa you guys think is my boyfriend"

After school came quickly and the classroom was packed with Sohee-haters. 

Her friends were upfront supporting her, thank god they're there

With her hand fastened on a lie detector, she said 

"Go ahead ask me your ridiculous questions but I'm telling you the truth, I'm not what rumors says about me"

One of the girls surrounding Dara spoke up nervously, "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Dara said that you stole her man!"

Girls behind her agreed and started to gang up on Sohee with insults. "You're the one who is going out with an older man like a !"

"What kind of friend are you to steal someone else's man?"

"I thought you were nice but you just turn out to be a total ! "

Sohee listened to their insults and was totally confused. 

"Is that everything." she asked sternly

"We saw you getting out of an older man's car today and in the mall!"

"So, you're telling me that you base your statement on what you assumed that you saw." Sohee said with a straight face.

"y-yeah...and that you're cheating on him with Jiyong!"

Jiyong, who was sitting in the back,  couldn't hold back anymore, what kind of bull is this?

 "Who confirmed that?" Jiyong asked as he eyed Dara

"Well... Dara unnie said that while you guys ate dinner with that man and that Sohee was constantly filrting with you and all"

Sohee couldn't believe what she was hearing just then Nickhun showed up and stood next to her 

"Oh you young people are so absurd with things you say" he said under his breath

"Yah Sohee! What can you say about it now?" said one of the girls

"THIS IS THE OPPA YOU THINK I WAS DATING?!?!? YOU ARE SERIOUS! " 

Nickhun seems to figure it out and spoke up

"Students please settle down" Nickhun said calmly

"Sohee is very dear and important to me and I love her but she is like a sister to me. I feel very weird that you would assume that Sohee and I were dating"

The girls were so confused "But Dara unnie said that and how Sohee was stealing Jiyong away from her."

Dara then spoke up, "GO AHEAD! ASK THEM ABOUT EACH OTHER. " 

Jiyong saw how stiff Sohee looked 

Soon his hand , too, was fastened to a lie detector 

A pile of book bags were put between them

"Do you guys flirt with one another during dinner?"

"No." they both said as no electric shock was sent

"Are you dating an older man?"

"No."

"Do you love Dara?"

Jiyong was hesitant. 

"yes." he whisphered

Dara showed a truimph smile.

 

Sohee was confused why her heart felt heavy when Jiyong said that he loves Dara, was that the truth?

She urge herself not to look at Jiyong and ask him 

 

Do you love Sohee/Jiyong?" 

Everything was quiet and still, waiting for Sohee and Jiyong to answer this question 

At the same time, they said no and there was no electric shock.

 

On the way home, Nickhun decided to cheer Sohee up with a little something by driving her to her favorite ice cream shop.

"You okay?"  Nickhun asked as Sohee devoured the strawberry ice cream

With full of ice cream, " Aish, those girls give me the worst the headache ever!"

"Well... you know how I mention this girl in collge?"

"Yeahh~ but that was like 3 years ago Did you make your move yet?" Sohee asked curiously

Bashfully, "Well, I made my move already...3 years ago "

Sohee frowned, "Yah, you made a move without my consent? Did she smack you?"

"Sorry but she did not smack me... she became my girlfriend instead and it has been for 3 years now and... "

Sohee, who was listening intensly, "and..."

"I think its time for me to move on to the next level..but"

"but..."

"You know  how I told you about my theory of you and Jiyong?"

"not again! I told you that me and Jiyong are never going to be together!"

"Well, I told my girlfriend and she thinks she can help and she would really like to meet you since I mention you a lot to her"

"So... whats the problem?"

"Its not a problem depending on how you look at it..."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll know when the time comes" 

It has been three months since their conversation and during those 3 months, Nickhun's girlfriend came over to stay and Dara has completely ignored her as her classmates quickly forgot treating her like they did and ignored Dara's lies about Sohee. Yuri would visit time to time but it's been long since she talked  to Jiyong though. The one night Sohee's parents sat her down to tell her great news.

"It was decided for months now since you;re father came back from the states.." her mother said as she took her father's hand

"about what?" asked Sohee

"We're going to move" said her father

"move? "  Sohe asked cautiously

"I came back so I could bring you back to the states." her father said 

"is mother coming along?" Sohee asked quietly

"yes, the whole family" 

"when will we leave?" 

"On the 12th" 

"so I have one week to get my stuff together?" 

"We already dealt with the school papers and the 12th is during your summer break"" 

"Well I better start packing and saying my goodbyes then " Sohee said slowly

"Sohee, if you don't want to.." asked her father but Sohee shook her head, she explains that moving to the states would be great for her and that she's okay with it. 

So during that week left, Sohee packed her stuff and tried to avoid saying good byes to her friends. School ended and everyone said their goodbyes and so did Sohee, but her's will be different than the one she would say usually

"Where are you going for the summer?" asked Yuri

"Busan to visit my family" said Sunye 

"I'm staying here, I landed myself an internship" Yongbae said as he wrapped his arms around Sunye

"Jiyong?" asked Sunmi

"I dont know, somewhere far I think, my parents wanted to discuss with me today, probably about the trip"

Sohee overheard this and her heart tightened

"Sohee? you okay?" asked Yongbae

Just then Nickhun came with his girlfriend, "SOHEE! I got to bring you home right now" 

"Guys....sorry....b-bye.." 

Yongbae, Sunmi, Sunye, Yuri and Jiyong looked at Sohee strangely. Jiyong told Yuri that he'll go home first and saw his parents waiting for him 

"Jiyong.. " his umma leaned close and hugged him 

"what... what happened?... this has something to do with Sohee right.." he said quickly 

He quickly went to Sohee;s house and knocked on the door firiously but no one answered

Where can Sohee be? What happened? Why was she saying sorry?

Just then there was textmessage from Yuri, 

TO : Dummy Brother

Seoul International Airport to John F. Kennedy Airport

From Seoul to New York

Gate 12 

5:45 pm 

 

Sohee looked at her phone, debating whether to call them or not. She has an hour left before checking in 

suddenly her phone ringed from an unknown number

"Hello?" she answered

"...."

"Hello?"

"pabo." he weakly said

"Ji-jiyong?!?"

"Where are you? I'm outside you're house. I've been for the last 30 minutes. I have been waiting for so damn long and you better come out!"

"I can't.." she whisphered

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T"

"because I'm not there..."

"you better have a better excuse than that."

"I'm not lying!"

"STOP IT."

"I have to hang up soon, if you only called me to yell at me then I'm hanging up."

"You really don't like me..." Jiyong asked

"What... why .."

"When we were questioned, they asked you and me if we liked each other, was that true..."

"....is this a joke.."

"answer the damn question ... please" 

"I said no." Sohee said sternly

"do you like me."

"no."

"do you like me" he asked again

"Jiyong, I said it the first time, no."

"do you lik-"

"KWON JIYONG! STOP ASKING ME THAT! YOU ALSO SAID NO AND THERE WAS NO SHOCK!"

"But I did feel the shock and I was hoping you did too. So I'm going to ask again... do you like me, Ahn Sohee." he asked as if he was out of breath

Sohee was shocked by this annocement, just then her parents told her it was time to leave.

"I-I, I have to go...so-" Sohee was suddenly pulled into a tight embrace 

"pabo.. You think you can leave without any of your friends knowing?"

Sohee was still in shock of what just happened in the last seconds. After realzing that there was a man hugging her, she started to pull away but the embrace tightened even more

"Sohee..." he said

"Jiyong.. how.."

"forget it, just tell me right now before you board on the plane, do you like Kwon Jiyong...or else I won't let you go for another second."

"I.. like you... " Sohee said slowly

"I know. " he said smilingly

Spinning her and leaning down to capture her lips with his. She sighed in content, pressing her body against his as they kissed, his hand sliding down to her waist as he deepened the kiss. 

It was like the world stop spinning for that moment in her life. 

She boarded on the plane reluctantly. Even that wonderful kiss can't stop the plane from taking off. She sat down and brought her finger to her lips, reminising that feeling as he kissed her. What has she been missing all these years? She went through her pockets trying to find her headphones but found a bunch of lollipops instead in her bag.

"Just to make you travel back into time, to the day I rescue you in that grade-school room."

"To the day I asked myself when will I have to courage to ask you out on a date."

"To the day I beated up those bad guys that hurt my Sohee" 

"To the day I will be noticed by you"

"Saranghae Sohee, I'll be waiting for you."