Chapter 14

When will you notice?

"Do you need something ?" I asked her

Seeing her flinch was amusing, I really miss that... 

" Um, I was about to go ask y-you if  you had Yuri's headphones..." she stammered.

"Headphones? She never...Let me check in my room." 

Trailing behind me, she hasn't been in this room for some time now... 

Picking up some random headphone from his desk, 

"Here-"

She picked up a teared photo

"You hate me this much that you would even hide our past... " 

"What is that?" I asked

Flipping it over so that I can see, and it was a photo of us three but Sohee was teared out.

"Where did you find that?!?" I exclaimed.

"It was the floor and- "

 

Just then, Yuri came by and saw Sohee like this. This wasn't the situation that she has hoped for.

(Love Urban Zakapa, and honestly it wasn't because of EYK!, please support them and this song kinda fits the story right now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkvxaYi_BgI&feature=relmfu)

"Jiyong-sshi, I think I finally understand your intentions to the fullest." Sohee said as she gave him one last glance at him beore she left and bumped into Nickhun. 

Yuri and Nickhun looked at Jiyong with pleading eyes as in "Why did you do that."

Yuri went to comfort Sohee and Nickhun went to comfront Jiyong.


Sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"Do you hate her?" asked Nickhun

"Mind your own business.." Jiyong said as he stared at his computer screen

"I am, since you are my dear friend. I wanted to make sure that you're not going to pursue her because I will."

"No, I am pursuing her and I won't let her go." was something Jiyong thought of but then he looked at the torn picture and decided against it. They weren't meant for each other.

"Pursue? people still say that? " Jiyong said instead.

"I asked her already and we're going to grab something to eat before my appointment." Nickhun said as he looked up the ceiling smiling, imagining the day with Sohee, alone.

Jiyong stiffened." I have a date with my girlfriend tomorrow, so good luck to the both of us."

"Hey, let's make it a double date." 

 

After a long day at the office, Nickhun went to meet up with Sohee at her friends' boutique. 

"Hey, don't you look sharp" Sohee said as he walked up to her.

"Why, thank you fair maiden."

"So, who's joining us for dinner?" 

"It's going to be a double date." Nickhun said as he drove to the resturant.

 

They were seated at their table and Nickhun excuse himself to take a call outside. As soon as he was out of sight, he saw Jiyong and Dara coming inside. 

"Hey! Over here." Nickhun said as he gestured them to come.

Dara introduced herself as Jiyong's girlfriend and Jiyong smiled but his eyes decieved him and tried to look for Sohee among the tables.

Sohee saw Nickhun coming inside with some following behind. 

"Hey, wh-.. " Sohee stopped as she saw Jiyong and Dara.

"Oh, Sohee you're here. " Dara said with a wewak smile.

"Hi.. " She said quietly

 

Sitting across from Jiyong again was more than just awkward but not joking with him, teasing him or having a simple conversation.

"What are you getting?" asked Nickhun

"Why don't you choose for me?" she said smiling

"Jiyong, what are you getting?" Dara asked as she looked at Nickhun's and Sohee's interaction.

"Something simple, why?" he said without making eye-contact with her

"Pick something out for me." she said confidently.

"Fine, the chicken pamasean. " he said

"Let's get two orders of that then." Nickhun said 

Dara looked at him ,"why? Jiyong oppa picked that specificly for me."

"Sohee ordered that too..."

Sohee felt the daggers Dara was sending her.

"It's fine, I'll get something else" Sohee said smiling at Dara.

Dara's expression turned even more sour." No, its fine. . .  Excuse me for a second, Sohee care to join me?"

"Sure..." 

 

By the hallway, Dara stopped dead in her tracks and turned at her heel to face Sohee directly.

"Did you know how cunning you can be?" Dara said 

"Dara-sshi.. "

"Don't speak to me like you care, back there , you made me look like a fool! I only want to have a good time with Jiyong's friend. But I never expected you to be there tonight."

"Dara-sshi, you have to breathe! Jiyong-sshi and me have nothing between us and I can assure you that there will never be anything." 

"I doubt that."

"I'll leave first, okay? I have to finish some papers anyway..."

"Promise me then and wait till we go back to the table okay."

 

Walking back to the table, Nickhun looked at Sohee with a worry expression.

"You, okay? You look tired." 

"I'm fine, let's enjoy the food."

As they ate their food, Jiyong glance at Sohee time from time to see if she is feeling well.  Dara saw this and cleard .

Everyone looked at Dara, but she ignored them and looked at Sohee alone.

"Didn't you tell me you had this big paper due soon?"

Sohee took the hint, "I totally forgot, thank you. I have to go, I'm sorry but I have to finish up a paper. "

She took her coat and bid her goodbyes. Nickhun got up to show her out and left Jiyong with Dara.

Climbing into the Taxi, Nickhun took Sohee's hand 

"What ever happens, don't let it get to your head or this" pointing to her heart.

Sohee nodded and the taxi drove away to her house.

 

"Too bad she has work to do." Jiyong said.

"Why? You miss her?" Dara said as she continue eating

"No, I felt like she was pressured. "

"You felt something?"

"Nevermind, finish your food. "

Nickhun walked in and saw Dara furious.

"I will not! Do you know what she did?" she said as calmly as she could

"Did she punch you? Smack you? Hit you in anyway?" 

"no.. but she insulted me!"

"How so? You're a strong person, you handle 10 times what she said."

"Dara-sshi?" Nickhun said as quietly as he could

"What?" Dara snapped.

"You're attracting attention to yourself." Jiyong said bluntly

"You think I want that? Huh? Sohee would have done worse. She would have make everything dramatic and put it all on me to deal with. SHE WOULD MAKE ME  A CRIMINAL INFRONT OF EVERYONE! She's a b-"

"Dara." Jiyong said sternly

Dara immediately shut .

'Finish your food and I'll drive you home" said Jiyong

Nickhun would do anything to get out of this awkward situation but how could he just let this good food go into waste? 

When the waiter came by, "Can I have the strawberry shortcake to-go?" Nickhun asked

"Is that for Sohee-sshi." asked Dara

Jiyong nudged Dara but she looked at Nickhun for a reply. He just smiled at her and shook his head, "this is for someone else." he thought

"Then w-who" Dara asked. Jiyong stood up and grabbed Dara's arm. "Sorry Nickhun, I'm going to send her off first. I'll meet you up later!" 

The waiter came back with his dessert and automatically thought of someone else. Sohee understands his motives, but she insist that he should stop though.