SAY IT, SUGA! SAY IT!!

Suga, you ain't that sweet!

His long, slender fingers caress my silky hair, tucking the misplaced strands behind my ears. His grazing touch tickles, awakening me from my deeply fallen late afternoon slumber.

“Good morning,” Yoon Gi’s smiling deep brown eyes are the first things I see. We’re both sitting on the hard wooden floor with only our heads leaning against the side of the mattress.

I rub my eyes, tiredly, forgetting I had a full face of makeup on. “Shoot,” I grumble, seeing the black smudge of my mascara on my hands. Yoon Gi leans in forward, grabbing my face in between his two smooth palms and wipes away the smudge underneath my eyes with his thumb.

“There. Now, you’re even more beautiful.” He smiles at me, satisfied by what he sees.

‘Is this a dream?’ The scene is surreal. The amber evening sunset peeks in a perfect amount into my room, creating a golden hue around Yoon Gi’s face. The atmosphere in the room feels so warm and romantic but distant. ‘If this is a dream, I can do anything I want.’ Yoon Gi bites the bottom corner of his pink lips, making me do the same. With the heel of his palms pressed firmly against the wooden flooring, he leans in closer as he’s closing his eyes slowly. Closer and closer--

              “Wake up!” My eyes shot open hearing the screeching and banging sounds outside in my living room. I kick the blanket off, running outside only see my half dad and Yoon Gi spooning affectionately on the leather couch. “Tae Kyung!” Mom, still dressed in her black and white business suit, is banging against the frying pan with a silver ladle. “Wake up! Yoon Gi can’t breathe because of you!”

“Hello, Tae Hee’s mom.” Yoon Gi’s whimpers in the midst of my dad’s flappy arm enveloping his neck. Mom’s trying to pry my dad’s lifeless body off Yoon Gi-- slapping my dad’s as well as his cheek.

“Mom?” Still as beautiful and enticing as ever, she drops the frying pan—hitting the top of my dad’s head—and comes running over, suffocating me with her hugs.

“Tae Hee! I missed you so much!” She slobbers her kisses all over my head.

“What are you doing home?”

“I missed my family!” She gives me another hug. “But the moment I walk in—I see this!” Pointing to my dad, who’s half sober and half awake, now. He’s sitting in his green Jurassic World undies, scratching his hairy back. “And Yoon Gi! My, you’ve grown!” She goes over and gives him a tight hug. “How are you?”

“I’ve been fine.” Yoon Gi scratches the back of his head, bashfully blushing at the current situation.  

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did this happen?” Mom and I both look at the embarrassed crimson faced Yoon Gi and the dazed and burping father of mine.

“He and I went out for a couple of drinks. Isn’t it obvious?” Dad answers before gulping down a bottle of water.

“Together?” Typical parental bickering starts the moment they enter one roof.

“Don’t get me started,” Dad looks over at me, then at Yoon Gi. He sighs and rubs his forehead with the palm of his hands. “It’s getting late. Tae Hee, take Yoon Gi home.”

“He lives right next door—“ Dad interrupts mom.

“He’s a celebrity now, dear. He could get kidnapped and be sold.” Dad takes a hangover pill. “Don’t stay out too late, Tae Hee.” For a second, dad looked kind of cool; but he starts choking on the pill—making mom go and pound on his back like a baby trying to burp.

“Come on. Let’s go.” Yoon Gi quickly grabs my hand, leading me outside.

---

The sky is full of stars, with barely a cloud or two passing by. The night air is a bit humid yet cool enough. With each step we take, it comes with a yield. “Do you think I’m easy?” Yoon Gi looks over at me as we’re heading to his house slower than snails. I don’t reply, letting the clanking of the shoes against the gravel fill the emptiness of the space around us. “I am!” I look over at him, unexpected by his quirky response. “I completely am.” He smiles at me, showing his glistening white teeth. “Especially when I’m with you.” His smile doesn’t disappear but the ends of his lips are trembling. The toes of our foot are pointing to each other—the way they do when you like someone. He’s looking straight into my face but all I can see are his prominent Adam’s apple moving up and down as he takes a nervous gulp. “Tae Hee, I like you. Would it be selfish of me to ask you--” He pauses-- avoiding my eyes by staring into the night sky but I grab his face in between my palms, making his cheeks pop out the way muffin tops do when you wear too tight of pants.  

“Say the rest.” For the first time in my life, mom’s enticing charisma has entered my blood.

“To be mine?” My heartbeat speeds up. I could feel the warmth rising in his face. His burning red face is a night lamp in itself. I let go and take a huge leap away from me, sighing happily at the night sky. Looking behind my shoulders, I look back at Yoon Gi smiling at me—admiring me.

“Anything else you’d like to say?” I tease.

His steady light footsteps move closer and stop the moment he grabs my hand. He takes a deep breath and starts. “When I’m with you, I’m comfortable. I can act anyway I want and I can say anything I want because I know you’ll always be there like you always were. But at the same time, I took advantage of that, not caring about how you felt, didn’t I? I’m a really bad guy, huh?” I glance over at him and nod.

“You are. Terribly so.” I smirk, squeezing his hand a little tighter.  

“Enough to make V play the bad guy so I get jealous, huh?” Yoon Gi smirks. I blush, kicking the gravel with the sole of my heel. “It worked. When he put his arm around you like this,” Yoon Gi’s arm outreaches across my shoulder, closing the gap between the side of his chest and mine, “I wanted to punch that twerp in the face.” Yoon Gi smiles and lets go. “When he touched you like this,” Yoon Gi wraps both of his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly from the back. His deep voice soothes into my ear as he evens his chin unto my shoulder. “I wanted to send him back to wherever hell the planet he came from. And lastly,” he lets go looking straight at my face once again, “this is still unacceptable.” He ruffles his red wine hair. “After many sleepless nights, I came to this conclusion.” His perfect hands lean in closer to my face. His thumb gently caresses my lips—tickling me a bit. His face leans in closer as his eyes are closing slightly just as our two lips meet for the first time. His touch is gentle and soft. His touch is warm and comforting. His touch is sweet like suga—just like him.

POW POW! Flashes of light explode in front of Yoon Gi’s house, creating a colorful array of distraction. “WHOO!! WHOO!!” The rest of the Bangtan Boys are shouting and setting off fireworks.

“Hey, it’s the suga sweet couple!” J-Hope teases as they come rushing over to where Yoon Gi and I are standing. Holding colorful sparklers in their hand, they revolve around us, creating a golden hue of dazzling dancing lights to surround us. It almost feels as if when Cinderella is transforming. The sparklers create a magical spiral of wonder and beauty.

V comes over and puts his arm around me, winking at me as he does. “Guess our plan worked, huh?”  Yoon Gi grabs his arm and throws him across-- putting his own arm around me.

“Don’t touch my lady,” Yoon Gi firmly pulls me closer to him, smiling at me. V broadly smiles-- shining his own care-free smile and puts his arm around Jung kook.

“Say, Jungkook. Now that we got one true pairing done, who shall we target next?” Jung Kook’s eyes glisten with brilliant epiphany underneath the moonlight as the maknae line turn their heads over their shoulders to look at their leader.

“RAPMON?!”

Rapmon, looking up with the broken sparklers in his hands, shouts, “Not me!”

And, all in all, it was a good summer.

The End.

Author's Note: Thank you very much to everybody who has read and subscribed to my story! I hope you all enjoyed reading 'Suga, you ain't that sweet!' even though there were boring parts, it made me really glad that you guys would subscribe and even leave comments. You guys are really amazing. 
In the future, I hope to improve with my writing skills and my humour so please come back every now and then to check up on my other stories! I hope to see you all soon! 


<3 FunnyRansom