New Maid?

Bride To Be

Sohyun’s POV~

 

What the hell was that for? All I wanted was to just be friends and  be on good terms with one another. He didn’t have to go as far as dumping the food onto my head! It took me a minute after he slammed the door in my face to realize what had happened.

“Don’t forget to clean up this mess.” Chanyeol commanded as he opened the door once more. “I don’t want my room to smell.”

As he shut the door, I stuck out my tongue and lifted my middle finger. But as soon as I did, the door opened again. Startled, I acted as if I was cleaning.

“One more thing.” He said. “Don’t mention to anyone, and I mean ANYONE, that you’re staying here. I don’t want any rumors about me and you.”

“Jerk.” I accidently said out loud.

“What?” He yelled from his room.

Immediately, I ran into the kitchen to throw away the food that was wasted by Chanyeol, AKA jerk. No matter how many times I washed my hair, I could still smell the food. After the fifth wash, I blew dry my hair and heading toward the desk to study.

Before I knew it, it was already next morning. I set my alarm to wake me up early in the morning, so that way I wouldn’t see that jerk’s face.

I tip toed my way into the kitchen to grab something to eat. That’s when I heard someone behind me. Startled, I jumped backwards.

“Hyung-Hyungshik?” I asked, confused. “What are you doing here? I almost got a heart attack!”
“That’s my question!” He said out loud. “What are you doing at my cousin’s place?”

“Ummm.” I hesitated, trying to come up with something he will believe in

“That’s right.” I heard Chanyeol coming from behind. “Meet our new maid.” I turned around to see him smirk, but in an evil way. “Tell him, Baek Sohyun.”

“Right… I’m their new maid. And the benefit of being their maid is because… is because I am getting all the expenses for tuition paid for. Yeah, that’s right.”

Hoping to see that Hyungshik believes the lie, I look over at him. I noticed at first he seemed doubtful, but later said he understood.

“I see!” He shouted. “That makes sense! But why-“ Before he could ask anything else, I immediately interrupted him.

“Sorry, I have to get going now. Bye!” I rushed out hoping they weren’t following. Instead of taking the car, like I did for my first day, I decided that I would use the public transportation.

When I arrived to school, I noticed everyone staring again. Feeling uncomfortable, I placed my head down and walked as fast as I could to the classroom. However, on my way there people were kindly greeting me, which was a first in a long time. I couldn’t help but to think that the people in the city were a lot different than to the people in the country, which where I was from.

Here, people comment on how the color of my eyes was ‘interesting’ and ‘cool’. While back home, I was called a freak. Somehow after noticing the difference, I felt more confident in myself.

“Good morning Sohyun-ah!” IU said cutely as she wrapped her arms around me, staring into my face. “I still can’t believe that those are your real eye color. Are you sure you’re not lying and are actually wearing colored contacts?”

“Color contacts?” I asked. I’ve only heard off them, but I wasn’t too sure what they were.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know what they are?” IU asked. Shaking my head, IU’s mouth dropped. “Daebak.”

“They’re contacts but with color in them, so that your eyes will appear in a different color.” I turned around to see Eunji smiling, hugging her books close to her chest.

“Annyeong.” Eunji said as she extending her hand out. “Sorry I couldn’t introduce myself. I’m Eunji, Jung Eunji. You’re Baek Sohyun right?”

“That’s correct” I smiled back. “It’s nice to meet you.”
“I heard about everything. Chanyeol told me about you and the-“

Before she could say anything else, I grabbed her hand and took her elsewhere. I tried explaining as fast as I could, so that way we wouldn’t be late to homeroom. As I explained, she stood there quietly and smiled.

“I understand.” She said. “It’ll be a secret between all of us then.”

Right when she walked away, I sighed in relief that she was so understanding. It’s no wonder that all the guys liked her. What confused me was why she liked Chanyeol. He was nothing but a jerk.

When walking back I received an unknown text.

 

To Sohyun

From Unknown

 

Rooftop. Now.

 

Ignoring the text, I went back to the classroom, where I see Chanyeol standing in front of the door. Ignoring him, I tried to get inside but every time I would move one way he would move so that he would be in the way.

“Did you not get my text?” He asked. Confused, I shook my head. “Liar. It says that you read it.” He pulls out the phone with his text message, which was the exact same one I received. 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! Sorry for the boring/dry chapter! Just wanted to make sure that you guys know that I have changed the characters! For some reason I am liking Hyungshik better for this story than Jimin. <----- Prooooobably because I'm having this weird obsession with him nowadays.... Anyways, I hope you guys don't mind!! Like always, Subscribe and Comment!!