Unexpected Meeting

Bride To Be

Chanyeol’s POV~

 

“What do you MEAN!?” I shouted loudly. Furious, I paced back and forth, trying to understand what this crazy old man was saying.

“Quiet down!” Gramps yelled back. “We’re in a hospital!”

“I… I just don’t understand what you’re trying to say. You, all of a sudden, want me to get engage to a girl I don’t even know. Who you barely even know!?”

“And what’s wrong with that. You are my heir, I have the right to choose who is suited for you.”

“Are you listening to yourself GRAMPS!?” I stood up immediately.  “You have gone completely INSANE!” Gramps sat there with his arms crossed in front of his chest. “And what about this ‘girl’? Has she agreed?”

“Of course!” Gramps lied. “You are going to be engaged with this girl.”

“No I can’t! I-I’m already dating someone! You can’t do this to me!” I slammed the door behind me as I left. I grabbed my bag from Hyungshik, who was waiting in the lobby.

“Yah, what’s wrong?” Hyungshik hurriedly ran after me. “Why do you look like you’re about to kill someone?”

“It’s nothing. Just need to blow off some steam. I’ll see you later.” I pulled out my phone and started to dial Eunji’s phone number. She didn’t pick up the phone. She did, however, texted me right away. I asked her where and what she was doing, and headed to where she was.

I walked into the café and waited until Eunji’s friends had left. Once they left, I immediately sat across from her, hoping to see her smile. Unfortunately, I got the opposite.

“What are you doing here?” She furiously asked, trying to cover her face, hoping that no one would recognize here. “You know that this is the spot where most of the kids in our school goes right?”

“Let’s reveal our relationship. Let’s tell everyone right now.” I finally spoke up. Eunji faced me properly, shocked at what she just heard.

“Are you crazy? You know we can’t do that! I just auditioned at the biggest entertainment company! You know that I would be disqualified if they knew I was in a relationship! Plus, you know that this has been my dream! I can’t afford to be disqualified!”

After a few minutes of silence, Eunji stood up from her seat and started to leave. I grabbed her hand.

“Look, Chanyeol-ah. I like you, I really do, but this is just bad timing right now. You understand right?”

She gently let her hand go and quietly left. Devastated and disappointed, I went over to hang out with the guys. We call ourselves EXO. We were not sure who came up with the group name, but it sort of stuck.

“Hey Kai. Let’s go out tonight. Invite the guys. My treat.”

 

“OH! Chanyeol! You’re here!” Kai shouted over the loud music. “What’s the occasion? You never treat us out! Problems with your gramps again?”

Not wanting to answer the question, I took a shot of whatever was on the table and headed to the bar. Several girls were already clinging onto me, asking what my name was and my phone number. After buying the most expensive bottle, I pushed the girls who were clinging onto my arms and turned around. That’s when I saw a girl, innocent looking, with her head and eyes down. 

She was wearing something unsuitable for this kind of place. I mean, who wears an apron tied around her waist to a club? Then I saw her carring a tray. She probably works here and probably wants the extra cash by getting tip. I looked closer and noticed something different. I don’t know if it was the light, but her eyes looked lighter than most.

“Here.” I pulled out a hundred dollar bill, thinking that the girl with the apron approached me for money. “Take this a leave.” I dropped the bill in front of her, knowing what kind of I was. But, I didn’t care. I wasn’t going to see her again.

 

Sohyun’s POV~

 

What the hell was wrong with that guy!? I thought to myself. It’s not like he was the only one having a bad day! How dare he drop money in front of me like it’s nothing! I have to work even harder to pay that crazy old man back.

I walked up to the bar, slamming the tray onto the to counter. I blew the hair out of my face and started to collect the empty glasses and bottles.

After collecting the glasses and bottles, I headed over toward the kitchen where I have to wash them. Once again, my job is the human dishwasher. They didn’t want me working where people could see me.

When heading to the kitchen, I noticed a guy, standing against the wall near the kitchen. I tried to rush passed him.

“Don’t mind him. He’s Just having a rough day.” The guy yelled from behind. I turned around quickly, and noticed a guy around my age smiling, extending his hand out. “I’m Hyungshik. Park Hyungshik. Also known as the cousin of the person who dropped the money in front of you.”

Not wanting to be associated with this person, I quickly left. He laughed and ran right in front of me and stopped to face my direction. I turned around, not wanting him to see my face.

He ran over to the other side where I faced, and as soon as I tried to turn the other way, he grabbed my shoulders in place and stared into my eyes. Feeling embarrassed, I pushed him lightly and he let go. I took the money out of my pocket and forced it into his hand.

“Tell your cousin that he can screw himself and I don’t need his dirty money.”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Third Chapter is up! Also, I did some reasearch and here is what I found about korea: "The legal drinking age is 19, as is the voting age. The age of consent for marriage is 20 although a man over 18 and a woman over 16 may marry with their parents' or guardians' consent." Hope you enjoyed the little fun fact and also the chapter!