Misunderstandings

Bride To Be

Sohyun’s POV

 

I turned around to see who tapped my shoulder. I couldn’t remember his name, but he does seem familiar. Where have I seen him before?

“It’s me!” The boy smiled. “Hyungshik. Park Hyungshik. You don’t remember?”

After looking at him and his smile, I finally recalled the incident at the club. He was related to the guy who dropped his money in front of me! Without saying a word, I sat back down and faced the front.

“Let’s be friends.” Hyungshik said, extending his hand out. “I just transferred here last week.”

I wasn’t too sure if this was a good idea. But I couldn’t help it. He had this particular puppy face, so I shook his hand, agreeing to become friends. When I agreed, Hyungshik looked excited, which made me laugh a little.

This was the first time someone has ever offered to be my friend. And it felt nice.

During our break, the people who sat near me, walked over, and sat close, staring into my face. Awkwardly, I looked away toward the window.

“So,” A girl finally managed to say. “Are you full Korean?”

Catching me off guard, I hesitated to answer, and when I did the students looked at one another and started yelling.

“DAEBAK!” One shouted. “I KNEW IT!”

“That’s so cool!” Another said. “No wonder your eyes are a different color. It’s so cool!”

“You guys don’t think it’s weird?” I asked in disbelief. “My eyes, I mean.”

“No! We think it’s awesome you have different color eyes! They’re fascinating, especially for a Korean. Oh. And I’m Soobin by the way. This is Jieun, but you can call her IU.”

After about five minutes, I notice Chanyeol standing in front of the classroom and his girlfriend standing beside him. Silencing everyone, he made an announcement telling everyone that he and Eunji were dating. Cheers and clapping were made after the announcement and people shouted “it’s about time,” while some of the guys seem disappointed.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

I didn’t care what Gramps wanted. There is no way that I’m going to ride in the same car as that girl, absolutely no way. In order for the driver to believe what I was going to say, I told him that Sohyun was going to hang out with a friend and didn’t need a ride.

The driver got back into the front seat and drove off. In the back, I could see her walking in disappointment. I laughed a little.

“Good luck getting back home.” I whispered to myself.

Around 7’oclock, I started getting anxious. The girl still wasn’t back. Did she get lost? Or kidnapped? Gramps is going to kill me if he sees that she isn’t here yet by the time he gets back.

Hearing the front door open, I rushed out to see who it was. I noticed that it was the girl. Sighing in relief, I see that she had grocery bags in her hands. She looks at me with a confused look.

“What?” I lifted my chin, as my stomach growled so loud that even Sohyun could hear it. Damn it. All this waiting and being anxious made me hungry, even the cooks aren’t here!

Embarrassed, I hurriedly left for my room. I just couldn’t believe why in the world I would wait for that girl in the first place. Trying not to think about it, I started texting Eunji.

 

To Chanyeol

From Eunji

You know that new girl? We bumped into her twice! Once at the hospital and another time on the streets. Now she’s our classmate! What a small world!

 

Thinking about it, Sohyun must have planned all of this out. I started to realize that I had actually bumped into her at the hospital when I went with Hyungshik and I think it was here at the club. That’s right! She was the girl, I handed the money to!

She must have known that Gramps  owned Samsung and that I was his grandson. That’s why we’ve bumped into each other so many times. She must be a stalker! She must be after money!

After about a half an hour, I hear someone knock on my door. I opened it to see Sohyun with a plate of food.

“Here.” She said. “You didn’t eat right? I made some food.”

“Hmmm. Is that so? Just because you made this doesn’t mean that I’m going to start liking you, you know.”

“Yah.” She said.

Yah? Did she just talk down to me? She’s obviously younger than I am!

“Listen. You stay out of my way and I stay out of yours. Easy as that, right? That way these months will go by fast!” She smiled. “I know that you don’t want to get married to me, and I don’t want to get married to you either! That’s why we should just be friends!”

Is she kidding me? I thought to myself. Friends? Doesn’t want to marry me? Everyone wants to marry me! This must be some kind of plan to make her like her in someway. But you know what, I’m not going to fall for it.

I grabbed the plate of food. She smiled from ear to ear. Disgusted with her plans, I dumped the food onto her head, as she stood there in shock.

“We can never be friends, got it?”