Mistaken

Bride To Be

Sohyun’s POV

 

The driver pulled into a long driveway, where he parked in front of a gorgeous castle-like mansion. Wondering what I had signed up for, the door opened as the driver escorted me to the front door. I couldn’t help myself but to look around.

Everything was so spacious and modern looking! Exactly my style of house! Of course, it was a dream of mine to live in this kind of home, but I never knew it would become a reality. If the outside was this beautiful, I wonder how the inside would look like!

“I can’t believe that Gramps talked me into this.” I sighed as I remembered our conversation.

 

“How about this?” Gramps started off. “You’re in your last year of school, correct? So is my grandson. Give it until graduation. If you still feel the same way until graduation, you don’t have to marry him.”

“I… I still don’t think that is a good idea Gramps…” I told him.

“Well. That’s a shame. If you don’t agree to this, then I don’t know what will happen if I took back the payments for the hospital bills. They probably will take you grandfather off the surgery schedule. Apparently, he is in desperate need for that surgery.”

“F-FINE! I’ll wait it out until graduation! But please! Until then, please help my grandfather!” I yelled out in desperate need.

 

Sighing even louder, I couldn’t help but to think that I was threatened to be here. I didn’t think that I would have to live here! But I guess if it were until graduation it wouldn’t be too bad. Just nine more months, I can deal with it until then.

I walked into the mansion, where I saw an incredible chandelier hanging from the ceiling.  I stood there, admiring all the art I saw around the house. That is until I heard someone yell out something.

“Hey, old geezer! If you were getting out of the hospital you should at least tell me!” The tall brown hair boy yelled out. Looking right at me, he rudely asked who I was. “Who the hell are you? The new maid? Good thing, because this place is starting to look like a disaster. If this place doesn’t look clean when the clock hits 5 pm, you’re fired.”

I looked around to make sure he wasn’t talking to me. Then I felt something on my forehead. The boy placed his finger and pushed me a little.

“Are you stupid? I was talking to you. Hurry up and get to work!” He yelled.

Thinking that this is what Gramps wanted me to do, I immediately placed my belongings into the corner of the room and started working alongside the other maids. They instructed me what to do.

“I guess Gramps didn’t tell them I was coming. It didn’t look like they were expecting someone. Oh well, I guess I’ll get to work.” I thought to myself.

After about an hour of straight cleaning, the front door opened and that’s when Gramps came in with a wheel chair. Everyone immediately bowed down, almost in a 90-degree angle. I quickly did the same. As I hear the wheel chair coming closer, Gramps lifted my head.

“What are you doing cleaning this house for?” He asked. “That is a job for the maids I hired, not for you.”

“This isn’t what you wanted me to do?” I asked, confused what was happening.

Gramps sighed and asked the head maid to see who ordered me to clean. I couldn’t hear clearly, but I did hear a name, Chanyeol. “So that was his name.” I thought to myself. “He looks familiar.”

“Secretary Jang. Please tell Chanyeol to come here, I need to introduce all of you to someone.” Gramps mentioned.

As his secretary went to call Chanyeol,  Gramps asked me to push him over to the living room, where he could comfortably sit. Without question, I helped him get from the wheelchair to the couch. Then, I heard loud stomps coming from the stairs.

“Yah, old man. Why didn’t you tell me you were getting out of the hospital today.” The tall boy asked.

“Chanyeol-ah.” Gramps sighed. “You are being rude to our guest.”

“Who?” Chanyeol looked around, seeing no one.

“This girl here.” Gramps gestured over to me. With everyone shocked, as well as I, I ended up pointing to myself in confusion. “Chanyeol, meet your new fiancé, Sohyun! Sohyun, meet my grandson, Chanyeol!”

Once Gramps clapped, everyone else was clapping. I could tell for a fact that Chanyeol was unhappy. I looked over at Gramps.

“This wasn’t the plan.” I whispered to him. “I thought you said to just live here until the end of graduation!”

“That doesn’t matter.” Gramps whispered back. “Same thing!”

“GRAMPS!” Chanyeol shouted, which scared everyone. “I already told you that I will not be engaged to this girl!” Furious, Chanyeol stormed off, slamming his bedroom door.

“Don’t mind him.” Gramps said to me. “He’ll soften up to you.”

I gave an awkward smile, hoping that Chanyeol will stay this way until graduation. The less we get to know each other, the faster time will go by.

“Oh, and I also transferred you to Chanyeol’s school. So that way you two can go to school together.”

“WHAT?”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Sohyun and Chayeol finally meet face to face!! What will Chanyeol do now?? Subscribe to find out what happen next! Also, don't forget to comment what you guys think about the story so far!