Flashback

Bride To Be

Flashback

2 Weeks Ago~

 

“Grandpa! I’m here!” Sohyun yelled in excitement as she opened the door to his hospital room. He turned as smiled gently as he saw his granddaughter running to him with a bouquet of flowers.

“Look!” Sohyun said as she pulled out her grades. “I got perfect scores on my exams again! Aren’t you proud of your granddaughter?” Her grandfather placed his hands on hers and smiled once more. Even without saying any words, Sohyun could tell that he was very proud of her.

“I…” She tried to say without tearing, “I’m going to be a doctor so that I can take care of you, okay, grandpa? So until then, please be strong and wait for me. I love you grandpa!”

Everyday, Sohyun would visit her grandfather at the hospital before she goes to her part-time job at the restaurant. She would tell him exactly what she had done that day. However, some were lies. What were the lies? Sohyun would tell him about her “friends” at school and how they hang out at lunch and how she knows almost everyone.

The truth was, she never had any friends and because of her eye color, the students at school would try to avoid her. Some won’t even look at her. They would call her “freak,” “weirdo,” “albino,” and other unpleasant names. The reason why she tells her grandfather these lies is so that he would can live peacefully and not have to worry.

Looking at the clock, Sohyun noticed it was almost time to go to her work. She kissed her grandpa goodbye and dashed out the door. On her way out toward the front desk, she runs into a tall boy who looked like her age. He was tall, fair skinned, with light brown hair. Sohyun could not take her eyes off of him.

Right then, she noticed a beautiful girl, linking arms with the boy she bumped into. Snapping back to reality, she quickly lowers her eyes, hoping he did not see the color of her eyes. She immediately apologizes and runs off again. “Wow…” she thought to herself. “How can a guy be so good looking?”

 

“Yah… did you see her eyes?” The girl asked. “They were stunningly pretty.”

“Ani. I didn’t see. Why would I have to when you’re standing right next to me?” He kissed her cheeks.

“Park Chanyeol!” The girl loudly whispered. “What if someone saw us!?”

“Jung Eunji! Don’t worry. No one is going to follow us. I made sure of it.” He looked around once more and kissed her on the cheek once more, making her blush. “Wait here, I’m going to visit my gramps real fast. I’ll be out soon.”

Making his way in, Chanyeol noticed how little the room was. He also noticed that his grandpa was sharing a hospital room with another person, who seemed very weak. Chanyeol walked toward his grandpa and sat on the chair next to the bed.

“Anyeong, gramps.” Chanyeol said very dryly.

“YAH. You! Can’t you be any happier to see me?” His grandpa pouted.

“Why? You’re still alive and well.”

“HMPH!” His grandpa crossed his arms. After a few minutes of silence, Chanyeol stood up to leave. “W-what did you do today?”

Chanyeol stood there in shock after hearing his grandpa’s question. His grandpa was not the type to care about his grandson’s day.

“Gramps… Are you okay? Do you want me to get the nurse? I think you’re very sick… NURSE!”

“YAH! I can’t ask you how your day went!?” His grandpa shouted. Chanyeol just shivered from the chills he got down his spin and left. “TSK! How boring… Why can’t he treat me like how the girl treated her grandfather earlier? Her eyes were an interesting color too.”

 

1 Week Later~

 

“What do you mean I am fired? I haven’t done anything wrong have I?” Sohyun asked the manager.

“I’m sorry. We are getting complaints about how uncomfortable the customers get when they see you and they are increasing daily. I don’t know what else to do. We can’t have this going on anymore. We’re sorry.” He gave her, her paycheck along with some bonuses included.

“But I’m not even outside serving! I’m in the back washing all the dishes!” She yelled in frustration. The manager said nothing but “I’m sorry.” Sohyun knew what he said was a lie. She knew that the other employees did not like being around her. How was it that the customer can see her when she was always in the back?

Sohyun took the paycheck and left. As she was wiping her tears away, she accidently bumped into someone, making her fall to the ground. She looked up to see who it was. The person who she bumped into looked very similar, but at this point she didn’t care. Sohyun apologized and walked away.

“This is so funny. It’s the same girl we bumped into at the hospital.” Eunji laughed as she told Chanyeol. “Must be fate or something.”

“And you remember this how?”

“I told you, her eyes are a strange color that I have never seen before.”

“Anyways, let’s go. But! Don’t get to close to me. You don’t want us to be seen together, right?” Chanyeol smirked.

 

End Of Flashback

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi everyone!! Thank you for reading the first chapter of Bride To Be! Sorry it's so short and probably boring... I'll make sure the next chapters won't be as dry and boring! Once again, please subscribe and comment what you think of it so far!