Gramps

Bride To Be

Present Day~

 

“So. What do you say?” The old man told Sohyun. “You get to be engaged with my son along with a whole new lifestyle! Sounds like a great plan right? You can eat whatever you want, buy whatever you want and go wherever you want!”

As the old man continued talking, Sohyun stood there, not knowing what was happening. She couldn’t grasp the situation. She couldn’t figure out why this complete strange old man, who she had met literally five days ago, wanted her to marry his grandson.

The old man snapped his fingers to get Sohyun’s attention back. She immediately averted her eyes back, but then lowered them once again. Sohyun has always been self-conscience when meeting people face to face. Especially to those she was not familiar with.

“What’s wrong? Are you feeling sick?” He asked with concern, trying to look at her face. Slowly he inched closer, but Sohyun backed away.

“Y-you don’t find me strange?” Sohyun quietly asked as the old man started laughing. She glanced over, wondering why he was laughing. Did she say something funny?

“My dear, I don’t find you strange! Not one bit! Except for the fact…” She knew what he was going to say, he was going to say something about her eyes. Or so she thought.

“Except the fact that you would ask me if I found you strange! Now that is strange!” He laughed out loudly. “Not once in my life have I been asked that question! You, my dear, are strange for asking that strange question!”
After laughing for almost five minutes, the old man wiped his eyes from the tears that fell while laughing, and continued with the topic. “So, about you and my grandson. Let’s talk about it.”

“I-I can’t!” Sohyun shouted nervously as she had her eyes shut. After some silence, she slowly opened her eyes and looked straight into the old man’s eyes. “It wouldn’t be fair to your grandson to be set up in an arrange marriage, especially if he doesn’t know who the other party is. So I am very sorry!” Sohyun bowed and quickly left.

“I knew it, she’s perfect!” The old man thought to himself. “I will make sure this engagement happens!”

 

Flashback

5 Days Ago~

 

As always, Sohyun ran to her grandpa’s room right when school ended. However, something was odd when she walked in the room. Her grandpa’s roommate was being friendly, as the old man was talking freely and her grandpa smiling. Sohyun watched from afar, as she could tell her grandpa was having a great time. Next thing she knows, the old man draws out a deck of cards out of his pocket.

Thinking that her grandpa would start gambling again, Sohyun rushed over to his side. “Anyeonghasaeyo!” Sohyun quickly bowed. “Grandpa, what are you doing?”

“We’re just going to play a little Go Fish.” The old man next to Sohyun said. “Would you like to join us?” Flustered, Sohyun grabbed a seat and played along.

After a few games of Go Fish, Sohyun was getting ready for her new part time job. She grabbed her belongings, kissed her grandpa on the forehead and left. The old man, who introduced himself as Gramps, sat closer to Sohyun’s grandpa.

“Your granddaughter is a really great girl isn’t she?” Gramps whispered to him while he sat quietly and smiled. “Have you ever wondered who she would be married to in the future?” Her grandpa looked over at Gramps, confused.

“Imagine your granddaughter marrying a person of great financial standing, and when I mean great, I mean the next youngest billionaire. Not only that, but also handsome looks, in which he inherited from his grandfather. He will treat his wife like royalty. What do you say?” Sohyun’s grandpa sat there in confusion, not knowing what Gramps was trying to say.

“Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear, did I?” Gramps continued. “I would like your granddaughter to be engaged to my grandson.”

 

End of Flashback and back to Present Day~

 

After the complete strange conversation with Gramps about being him wanted for her and his grandson being engaged, Sohyun quickly walked outside the hospital room and toward the front desk where she could pay for the hospital bills.

“It seems like your grandfather’s hospital bill has been already paid.” The nurse smiled. “He told me that you would come here and left me this note for you.” The nurse handed Sohyun the note, which read:

 

 Hi~ You’re probably wondering who paid right, especially with that amount of money.Well, it’s me, GRAMPS! You know where to find me!

 

P.S. Think about the engagement!

 

“What is wrong with this old man!?” Sohyun screamed inside her head. “Has he gone crazy!?” Sohyun stormed off so angrily that she ended up bumping into someone once again. This was her second time in one week. Keeping her eyes lowered, she bowed quickly, apologized and left.

“Yah, Chanyeol what’s wrong?” Another boy asked, wearing the same uniform as Chanyeol.

“Oh, Hyungshik. You’re here.” Chanyeol brushed his shoulder. “It’s nothing. Let’s go see my gramps.”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi all my lovely readers! Sencond chapter is UP! I made Gramps into a likeable character in the story, or at least I think he is! XD AND Hyungshik has come! Just wanted to say again, THANK YOU for taking your time to read and don't forget to SUBSCIBE and COMMENT like always!!