Chapter 2

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene checks her watch for the nth time that morning, cursing under her breath at Seulgi’s tardiness. The professor was already setting up the PowerPoint yet the girl was nowhere to be found. Her thoughts were interrupted when a voice sounded to her left.

“Excuse me, is the seat next to you taken?” Irene glanced up and holy moly what a sight to see. Long brown locks cascading down her shoulders, plump lips, round eyes… the list could go on but Irene has to stop staring before the girl think she’s a weirdo.

“Yeah, sorry. My friend is running a little late,” she smiled apologetically.

“Oh, that’s okay,” the girl returned the smile and walked towards the back.

Twenty minutes into the lecture, Irene sees a familiar brunette making her way through the aisle before situating herself onto the seat next to her.

“Sorry, I think I pressed snooze a little too much,” Seulgi whispered. Irene waves her hand to signal that this was nothing new, more like a daily occurrence.

“If you were a Starbucks drink, you would be a latte,” Irene said, eyes still glued to the projector. Seulgi could only scrunch her nose in distaste at the pun.

“But don’t worry, I love lattes,” Irene added, turning to look at Seulgi while shooting a wink her way. Of course, that earned her the infamous eye-roll.

---

“I don’t understand, I call you every morning to wake you up, so how can you still be late so often?” Irene ask as they wait in line to buy lunch.

“I don’t know, maybe I’m tired of hearing your voice so it’s not effective anymore?”

“This is what I get for being nice to you? Do you know how many people would die to have my voice as their wake up call? I’m like, perfect bae material,” Irene flips her hair.

“Haha I feel sorry for whoever calls you their bae.”

“That could be you,” Irene winked, “’cause you know, bae game so strong, it’s in the name.”

“Only in the name,” Seulgi said as she make her way to the counter to order. Before Irene could refute Seulgi’s claim, the cashier caught her attention.

“Heeey, you’re that hot girl from this morning,” Irene pointed at the cashier. Her statement made both the girl and Seulgi raise an eyebrow.

“Uh, I guess you can call me that, but I’d much rather go by Wendy,” the cashier chuckled.

“I’d much rather call you hot stuff but Wendy is a nice name too. I’m Irene.”

“And I’m hungry, so can we please order now?” Seulgi spoke up, trying to break the (ual) tension in the air.

“Wow, way to ruin the mood, hungry.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude. I’m Seulgi by the way, not hungry.”

“Haha I figured. And none taken, I should be sorry for providing such horrible customer service. So, what can I get for you two?”

---

To say that Irene and Wendy became fast friends was an understatement. Within a month of knowing each other, the two were like conjoined twins, never one without the other. Psychology lectures are now full of whispers and giggling. Irene doesn’t even seem to mind whether Seulgi was late or not anymore, she has company now. Also, whether by coincidence or invitation, Wendy eats lunch with them every day. Not that Seulgi has anything against Wendy, for god’s sake, no. She just kind of don’t like that Wendy has most of Irene’s attention now. What do you call that? Oh right, Seulgi is friend jealous.

Seulgi and Irene were on their way home from school when a certain movie poster caught Seulgi’s eyes. “Hey, want to go watch Pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter